Do you have any plans for dealing with COVID-19

Epictetus

23 minutes ago, sober4life said:

People with serious mental health issues can't just stay locked away alone in the house for months.  Many of us will not have our minds at the end of this.  It's that simple.  I will not make it!

I totally understand, however if you have a yard or something outside your home just go out there

as often as you need to, so you can get some fresh air.  I work inside a hospital for twelve hours

and I don't get to see the outside until I go home some days.  I would not have never thought that

I could do that for nineteen years and counting.   

My opinion some of the things being said people should be ashamed of themselves.  Saying if we never had these restrictions millions of people would have died and saying they still expect maybe 200,000 people to die in the US when you see 2,513 deaths right now.  I'm absolutely disgusted that these people are putting so much fear in people like this!

30 minutes ago, watalife said:

Conspiracy anyone?

I hear some say, the Coronavirus was created for the purpose of ******* off some of the population to help try to solve the over population problem but who knows 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, SoppyCow said:

I hear some say, the Coronavirus was created for the purpose of ******* off some of the population to help try to solve the over population problem but who knows 🤷‍♀️

After 60 years of observing how sociopaths operate in positions of power, I've grown cynical enough to believe that is possible.

Edited by JD4010

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

It wouldn't solve the overpopulation problem though.  There will be tons of babies born because everyone is staying home with nothing to do.

Good point. Also, do not think it is ******* enough people off to solve that problem at the moment.

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

People with serious mental health issues can't just stay locked away alone in the house for months.  Many of us will not have our minds at the end of this.  It's that simple.  I will not make it!

I disagree. I think you are stronger than most and actually well equipped to cope with the isolation. We've been doing it a long time already haven't we? 

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I disagree. I think you are stronger than most and actually well equipped to cope with the isolation. We've been doing it a long time already haven't we? 

I can only be so strong though.  When I see states making stay at home orders until June 10th how could anyone really have hope?

14 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I can only be so strong though.  When I see states making stay at home orders until June 10th how could anyone really have hope?

Yes, it may go on a long time but so can we! We've done it before, we can do it again. Keep doing the things which make you feel good: your exercise, your garden, enjoying nature, your friends on here. Maybe start a new project at home or in the garden? 

We'll get through this together :console:

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Yes, it may go on a long time but so can we! We've done it before, we can do it again. Keep doing the things which make you feel good: your exercise, your garden, enjoying nature, your friends on here. Maybe start a new project at home or in the garden? 

We'll get through this together :console:

I'll have a small porch garden that I will probably start in a couple of weeks.  I only go out once a week and it's out and back as soon as I can.  I'll probably get plants at Walmart when I go back there in a couple of weeks.  As far as flowers I have Easter lilies and daffodils coming up.  Projects at home I'm trying to cut down trees and spot weed trimming trying to put off the first mow.  I'll be getting a push mower next week the cheapest one.  It will be a way to keep myself in shape mowing 2.5 acres.  I've worked out my life to a point where I will probably physically get through this time.  My mind is very fragile though.  Nobody cares.  I try to call them and they won't answer because they are afraid I might ask for some type of help.  That's the people in my life.  If I make it through this nobody in real life will help unless there's something in it for them.  It's scary.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:39 AM, sober4life said:

I feel the exact same way. They just issued a stay at home order for my state until April 30th. Luckily I was able to get to my parents' house in farm country, because if I was just alone in my city apartment during all of this, I have no idea what I would do. My parents and I are all working from home, and although it's nice to spend so much time with them, I really miss my boyfriend. He lives an hour away and we just can't risk spreading the virus to one another and our families. I haven't seen him in three weeks and it looks like that won't end any time soon. I just feel so hopeless. My current psychologist doesn't do phone or video visits, so I can't even see him. I just can't imagine doing this for a month longer, or more. I miss restaurants. I miss shopping at the mall. I miss the way life used to be. I really hope we can all get back to normal soon. 

I do live in the country.  It's very peaceful here.  The only way I'm going to see another person on my property through this even if it lasts the rest of the year is if the place catches on fire and the fire department shows up to put out the fire.

2 hours ago, leelee1212 said:

My current psychologist doesn't do phone or video visits, so I can't even see him.

Considering the current situation, he better start!  Not doing phone or video visits is irresponsible.   I do not mean to sound vicious.  It just seems that mental health professionals should understand the stress of the current circumstances and act accordingly.

26 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I think it was Ozzy Osborne. Didn't he bite the head off of a bat on stage once?

I don't believe the virus came from a bat one bit.  It sounds like a lie meant for the ears of people in the US.  A lot of people will think about Ozzy when they hear the bat story.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:08 PM, sober4life said:

It wouldn't solve the overpopulation problem though.  There will be tons of babies born because everyone is staying home with nothing to do.

Those poor babies 😔

21 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I think it was Ozzy Osborne. Didn't he bite the head off of a bat on stage once?

I think he said somewhere that were plastic :laugh: but it might well have been real, I can see Ozzy doing something like that in the old days. 

My plans involve staying inside as much as possible, using a megaphone to talk to my neighbours, making amusing memes, and waiting for the workers to get bored of spending their afternoons watching daytime mind rot whilst in their animal print Pyjamas and leading the resulting revolution (after a nice cup of tea and some toast, with marmite mmm) 

2 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Well I beleive our president and support the whole lockdown approach. His only concern is about you and me, not big business, or his personal gains. We're fortunate we got him instead of Hillary!

I'm not political at all.  I'm not republican or democrat or ever going to vote again anyway.  I honestly believe he tries to do what he thinks is right.  Most politicians don't care about what's right or wrong and they're capable of anything under the sun.

20 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I'm not political at all.  I'm not republican or democrat or ever going to vote again anyway.  I honestly believe he tries to do what he thinks is right.  Most politicians don't care about what's right or wrong and they're capable of anything under the sun.

My sentiments as well. For me, the government is by the rich, for the rich.