Jump to content

Do you have any plans for dealing with COVID-19


Epictetus

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

The whole house of cards is coming down. Around the world. Almost seems orchestrated.

It is a house of cards and what will happen in this ticking time bomb country when everyone realizes we have no rights or say about anything?  Whatever the government says our lives are they are and there's nothing we can really do about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It is a house of cards and what will happen in this ticking time bomb country when everyone realizes we have no rights or say about anything?  Whatever the government says our lives are they are and there's nothing we can really do about it.

I have a feeling most "citizens" will be OK with it because of fear. "The gubmint will protect me because it has our best interests at heart." Well, no. The deadliest and most destructive force on Earth does NOT have your best interests at heart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I have a feeling most "citizens" will be OK with it because of fear. "The gubmint will protect me because it has our best interests at heart." Well, no. The deadliest and most destructive force on Earth does NOT have your best interests at heart.

I don't think it will be this way for longer than a month or two tops.  This is all about money for them so chances are they caused the panic to drive people to the stores so they could afford the loss from taxes when they planned to shut down the bars and restaurants.  They will need their money at some point so we will get our freedoms back at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Yeah, we had a family emergency to deal with late last week. It never lets up, does it.

So sorry you had a family emergency, hope everything turned out OK.  I am glad to see you back, thought something might have happened to you.  I am a little surprised to realize how much I have come to care about all of you on this site.

Best wishes to everyone, hope you all stay healthy and safe through this mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Donald Trump just said we should be through this July or August.  Get me out of here!

As fast as this situation keeps changing all over the world, I am taking any predictions our 'leaders' make with a grain (or pail!) of salt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

As fast as this situation keeps changing all over the world, I am taking any predictions our 'leaders' make with a grain (or pail!) of salt.

I know the right answer to how long this might last should be no answer.  Saying July or August is probably why the stock market continues to plummet.  Just a few words from governors or the president can change everything right now!

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I'm not high risk but I would say I have an increased risk of mortality from the corona virus because I have a history of chest complaints..... 

So I'm thinking. OK, if I died I really, really wouldn't want people reading my diaries, I mean, it's all in there. Everything.... 

So now, I'm thinking, should I burn them? 

They've been useful to me and I enjoy looking back and reading them but man if anything happened to me I would be mortified if someone read them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably won't show on the general news, but like Disneyland, Everest has been closed because of the virus.  Entry to the mountain will be blocked on both the Chinese and Nepalese routes.  It's not so much a virus risk if climbing, but risk from base camps that have swelled in recent years, with teams and people from around the globe. 

Bulga

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do like this tweet from the president

Yesterday I spoke with the great American Grocers and Supply Chain Executives. We are confident that supply will continue to meet demand nationwide. These beacons of our community will remain open for you, no matter what. We are working hard to remove any barriers to that effort!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dunno why are some governments behaving like orstriches with their heads in the ground.

Meanwhile countries in Asia & Europe are putting whole cities in lockdown. Sports events suspended, travel restrictions, every person strongly advised against leaving home unless to purchase necessary groceries/sanitizers…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My city just ordered closure of all non-essential businesses and ordered all residents to stay at home through April 7 unless they're getting food, healthcare, essential job function or taking care of someone. 

Food delivery services are gonna rake in the bucks. Gyms and yoga studios, massage and other small businesses are going to fold. Like restaurants, Cannabis dispensaries are open for pick-up and delivery. Talk about a symbiotic relationship!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

I plan to give as little of a flying fcuk as possible to all things covid19 from now on

Who needs toilet paper when you have single malts?

 

 

I understand that.  On some of the worst days of this like yesterday I'm listening or watching something about the virus for 12 or more hours.  I came close to relapsing yesterday.  This all can be too much to deal with but you can't look away.  There's no escape.  It's like seeing your neighbor's house on fire and not watching.  It can be impossible to convince my brain that anything is more important than watching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using the time to spend with family and friends. A lot of personal trainers are making quarantine workouts too so I am hopping on board for that.

Lot of people dont like the president or how U.S overall handles this but we have a lot of really hard working and dedicated medical staff. The are brilliant people and kindhearted. The point of quarantine is to try to save lives. Imagine of you were the leader you would do the same thing. Sometimes leaders have to make tough decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Town is very quiet today. We've all been told to go out only if it's a necessity. I needed make up. It was a necessity 😂

I'm not terrified of this thing though I can see a lot of people are. I know if I got it, I would find it very difficult: I'm claustrophobic. But I reckon most people would be claustrophobic if they couldn't breathe 😑 I'm a bit annoyed when I see people coughing in a public place. If that was the case with me I wouldn't be here (in public). Still, I know that all people have their necessities and will do what they have to, to get them. I can't blame them really. It's easy when you have people to get things for you, but if you don't, what else can you do? 

I've been stress eating throughout this entire thing. I wish I could stop with that now. I did so well with my weight loss 😒

Edited by Nightjar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Evergreenforst4 said:

Using the time to spend with family and friends. A lot of personal trainers are making quarantine workouts too so I am hopping on board for that.

Lot of people dont like the president or how U.S overall handles this but we have a lot of really hard working and dedicated medical staff. The are brilliant people and kindhearted. The point of quarantine is to try to save lives. Imagine of you were the leader you would do the same thing. Sometimes leaders have to make tough decisions.

Yes I think of mom in times like this.  I can't imagine how hard her job would be today if she was still a nurse.  We are told we should stay away from people.  They are told they have to help anyone that walks in the door.  I can't imagine the fear that goes along with working in the medical field now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I've been stress eating throughout this entire thing. I wish I could stop with that now. I did so well with my weight loss 😒

In times of stress I go back and forth.  Some days it's eating way too much and then others days it's restricting my food intake.  Most of the times I eat too much my mind convinces me I have to finish up certain things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I understand that.  On some of the worst days of this like yesterday I'm listening or watching something about the virus for 12 or more hours.  I came close to relapsing yesterday.  This all can be too much to deal with but you can't look away.  There's no escape.  It's like seeing your neighbor's house on fire and not watching.  It can be impossible to convince my brain that anything is more important than watching. 

Indeed. We DO need distractions though, preferably good, constructive ones.

I intend to do work outs at home and go running and/or walking. I'm lucky in the respect that though living in a largish city, the Great Outdoors begins at our doorstep. 

No one has forbidden me(yet) to run alone in the forest.

Haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, samadhiSheol said:

Indeed. We DO need distractions though, preferably good, constructive ones.

I intend to do work outs at home and go running and/or walking. I'm lucky in the respect that though living in a largish city, the Great Outdoors begins at our doorstep. 

No one has forbidden me(yet) to run alone in the forest.

Haha.

Yes I'm using this time the rest of the month to get in top shape.  I was freaking out in the beginning but now it's about focus and working out in the exercise room.  Like you the great outdoors begins at my doorstep as well.  I'll do more outside in April.  I actually need to get into running shape this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, watalife said:

I just can not believe all this is caused by someone eating a animal. 

And all those people in these high up positions, who are overpaid, can't even do there jobs to take of this or make it less evident that we are all going to get sick or die.

Yes I'm with you, I can't believe it started with a local person eating his/her local delicacy. I can't help but think they are covering up the real truth so as not to start any fear based chaos. Biological war fare comes to mind 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...