My weekend

Lorax

Every year at the place I work we host a weekend gathering for the deaf community. It is, by far, the most enjoyable thing we do. I see how happy they are to be around and support each other. I am always surprised(happily) when one of them seems genuinely happy to see me and makes a showing letting me know. 

Then always when it's over I start to feel this sense of loneliness wash over me because I know I don't have anything even remotely like that in my life. Back to my regular, isolated, monotonous life where I just trudge on getting through the days. 

I know this is just a cycle where it's at its worst right now and will get easier. Back to where it's more of a numbness where I don't feel much of anything. Not that that's good, but at least I am functioning. 

I just needed to let this out, than you to whoever made it to the end. 

@Lorax

It's a very good you shared your feelings with someone.  Even if it's on here and it's a place you trust as well the people on it.  So good for you and never feel bad about sharing what you need to anyone. Keeping it in any feelings you have will do more harm I know from experience sadly. So I think so far being on here people won't mind you letting it all out in my view on it anyway. I apologize if all that didn't make much sense. I'm  not very good conversing with others.

I also apologize as well I don't know anything about how jobs really work since my only ever job when I was 22-23 went really bad for me and I got to learn how jobs really are and not on TV or movies. It's very nice your work place does that event and it makes you happy as well all of them it seems like. The feeling you fell after it's over I guess you just got to try YOUR best and hang in there. My life is not like anyone's my age and I always feel pretty horrible about it.

However I know deep down I should be grateful as well thankful I'm  still here and have all my support from my family,  family friends  and my help team. Even though how society is today saying you should have lots friends,  a partner, kids, a job, a car, a house. To fit in or be this normal in society. Then if you don't have any of those things your weird, bad for it and thus people judge you because of it. For me I know what I can do and can't. Though I do MY best each and every day even though my life as yours or anyone's can be very hard. Perhaps even unfair as well.

All you can do is do YOUR best and try to help yourself as well seek help from your family and friends who love and care for you. If however you have no good support I hope you can find some soon. Sometimes even pushing yourself to find it will help you in the end. Yes, it can be very scary even hard but I know you can do it. Things do get better and will for you as well others who suffer from tough situations. Perhaps there own mental health issues too.

YOU just got to do YOUR  best and stay strong and take day little by little. It's not easy nor anything is when it comes to life, the real world. However If I can do you and certainly people on here as well too. You sure can as well just try your best. True, I don't know what your life is like and again I apologize if this is bad advice or encouragement. I just wanted to try and maybe help or let you know things will work out. Support and having others is important to anyone's journey to recovery of the life they want and it to be, full of happiness and peace once again.

I hope this maybe makes sense again I'm  terrible at conversations with others. I also hope things get better for you as well. Please take care and try and stay strong. It will get better for you as everyone else as well. YOU  have to fight as well to be where you want. 

I’m sorry you feel lonely. Depression is very isolating. It’s exceptionally hard to go back to the mundane chore of life. Especially after such a lovely time. But I’m glad you got to experience that brief camaraderie and happiness. It is good to know that there are still these genuine souls in the world, yourself and that community. 

I don’t know if numbness is good, but it sure helps to get through the monotonous functions of every day life. It’s my belief that is sometimes the best thing. Fake it until you make it? I’m glad you are able to express with sincerity here.

2 hours ago, Tid322 said:

I’m sorry you feel lonely. Depression is very isolating. It’s exceptionally hard to go back to the mundane chore of life. Especially after such a lovely time. But I’m glad you got to experience that brief camaraderie and happiness. It is good to know that there are still these genuine souls in the world, yourself and that community. 

I don’t know if numbness is good, but it sure helps to get through the monotonous functions of every day life. It’s my belief that is sometimes the best thing. Fake it until you make it? I’m glad you are able to express with sincerity here.

Continue to hang in there and you can experience even more peace and happiness in your life.