Please Encourage Me That This Is Not All That There Is

I have been battling anxiety for over two years now.  I'm on my third or fourth antidepressant after being on Paxil for over 20 years before it gave out.  I'm currently taking 10 mg of Lexapro and have been on it for 19 days but I haven't seen any improvement.  Also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin twice a day (was prescribed three times each day) and I'm terrified of becoming dependent upon it, but I can't function and go to work without it.  I need to hear success stories especially from people who took Lexapro.  Everything that I have read says that if it is going to work, you should see an improvement after two weeks.  I see nothing. 

Hi Bill,

My own experience with Lexapro was that it was the best antidepressant I ever tried.  Sadly, my insurance wouldn't cover it so I switched to Celexa.  Luckily Celexa is very good too, at least in my case.  I take Klonopin for panic attacks but  seldom experience them, thank goodness. 

I've noticed that antidepressants, at least some of them, increase my anxiety.  My doctor added another medication to help with that.  It is called Buspirone.

Please realize that I am NOT offering you advice.  I am not a physician or medical professional of any kind and so I cannot offer advice that could ever be relied upon.

I really hope that Lexapro works for you or that you and your physician find something that does!  Both anxiety and depression are terrible.

Hello there 

I have a relapse of depression and anxiety about a month ago and put on paxil cr 12.5 mg ,etilam pro 20 for a month. Although I got some relief I have still some extremely low days . My pdoc added two meds lamictal 50 mg controlled release and meltracen+ flupenyhiol keeping the same dosage of paxil cr....I feel good for 4 days and have a bad day . I am confused. How long the paxil will take to fully take hold ???Please help

• 1 month later...

i've been on Lexapro for 7+ months and it took about 4 weeks for me to really start feeling it, but once it started working I felt great! So great i'd forgotten I had depression until I felt like shit and realized I hadn't taken my meds in 3 days because it just wasn't on my mind. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Bill1957 said:

I have been battling anxiety for over two years now.  I'm on my third or fourth antidepressant after being on Paxil for over 20 years before it gave out.  I'm currently taking 10 mg of Lexapro and have been on it for 19 days but I haven't seen any improvement.  Also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin twice a day (was prescribed three times each day) and I'm terrified of becoming dependent upon it, but I can't function and go to work without it.  I need to hear success stories especially from people who took Lexapro.  Everything that I have read says that if it is going to work, you should see an improvement after two weeks.  I see nothing. 

Do what you need to do and take what you need to take to support your mental health. I go to the gym and listen to uplifting music and exercise my brain, and literally massage my head. You can support your mental health in a very physical way.

• 7 months later...
On 2/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, Bill1957 said:

Also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin twice a day (was prescribed three times each day) and I'm terrified of becoming dependent upon it, but I can't function and go to work without it.

Please be careful with Klonopin. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is literally the worst thing I've ever gone through. Maybe ask your doctor about other anxiolytics which are not as addictive if you are concerned.