How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

These rainy miserable days are a preview of what the winter will bring.  I feel like the average person 30 years older than me.  It used to be I could be out all day.  Now I have to run and hide in bed after a trip to the store if I'm even able to think enough to make it back here.

Edited by sober4life

On 8/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, anon22ae said:

Death is part of life. Or so I tell myself. No idea if anyone came up with that one before me, but it helps to get through some tough times.

well it is to be honest, at some point we will all go.....i suppose the best thing we can do is live the life to our fullest,  one day at a time, etc..whatever that may mean for each of us, according to our abilities, etc..everyone is fighting a different battle..so while we might think our friend from high school that is posting pictures on social media that their life is perfect, deep down they are hurting in their own way too..maybe not illness, but surely something, no one has the perfect life..

Life is not fair, I think we can all agree with that, because I don't know why I've been struggling with this illness for years, and others don't have to , but whatever it is what it is..

16 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

Life is not fair, I think we can all agree with that, because I don't know why I've been struggling with this illness for years, and others don't have to , but whatever it is what it is..

Yes, though when life is not fair, it really is not fair... no such thing as a little unfair in this universe, it seems. When it rains, it pours and all. Acid rain, that is, and just when you stepped out in your best clothes.

Another way to put it may be that if you already have everything in life, you keep getting more. Conversely, if you have nothing, more and more is taken away from you anyway.

I agree I think the only place heaven and hell exist is right here on earth.  Some can roll out of bed and say here I am and have everything.  For some of the rest of us we can try as hard as we can every second we're awake and still get destroyed every step of the way.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, ladysmurf said:

It's the Universe's way of letting us know how much it hates us

1 hour ago, iWantRope said:

It's the Universe's way of letting us know how much it hates us

[This will sound like I am being a smart @**, but I mean it sincerely.]  

I agree with the sentiment but disagree with the actual statement.  For the Universe to hate us, 'it' would have to care one way or the other.  IMHO -- This is the way the Universe chooses to show how insignificant it considers each of us.  Somehow that seems even worse.

The thing is nothing is treated as significant.  Everything is put here and left to fend for itself whatever happens happens.  This all probably did happen because of some big explosion in the beginning the big bang theory.  It's all science that somehow just happened on it's own.  Nothing out there is watching.  Nothing cares.  All of this is just random science.

Edited by sober4life

I remember when I started remembering my childhood.  I was in rehab sitting in an AA meeting and a man sitting there reminded me of someone that molested me as a child.  I never saw the man again until today the weekend before I will be sober for 3 years.  My whole life has been this way not too good to be true too awful to be true like there is constantly something put in my way to try to make sure I fail!

19 hours ago, sober4life said:

The thing is nothing is treated as significant.  Everything is put here and left to fend for itself whatever happens happens.  This all probably did happen because of some big explosion in the beginning the big bang theory.  It's all science that somehow just happened on it's own.  Nothing out there is watching.  Nothing cares.  All of this is just random science.

I agree but try to interpret it differently (I can't always manage though!).

The universe randomly gave rise to us without guidance, forethought, or plan. And yet here we are, able to contemplate our own existence, however brief, and able to appreciate the beauty of the universe, including people, that surrounds us. That this meaning is ours to impose reminds me that we have some power, and that we can choose to use it to be happier.

Despite the hippie-dippyness of that, I hope it makes a bit of sense 😉 I try to think about it this way, but fail often when I'm feeling down. I'm a scientist (roughly speaking...) but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the beauty around us.

Hope that you are all well and can be kind to yourselves.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:26 AM, sober4life said:

I agree I think the only place heaven and hell exist is right here on earth.  Some can roll out of bed and say here I am and have everything.  For some of the rest of us we can try as hard as we can every second we're awake and still get destroyed every step of the way.

i don't think anyone has everything. humans are very really satisfied. im not religious so i dont really believe in heaven or hell..

5 hours ago, aterrou said:

I agree but try to interpret it differently (I can't always manage though!).

The universe randomly gave rise to us without guidance, forethought, or plan. And yet here we are, able to contemplate our own existence, however brief, and able to appreciate the beauty of the universe, including people, that surrounds us. That this meaning is ours to impose reminds me that we have some power, and that we can choose to use it to be happier.

Despite the hippie-dippyness of that, I hope it makes a bit of sense 😉 I try to think about it this way, but fail often when I'm feeling down. I'm a scientist (roughly speaking...) but that doesn't mean you can't appreciate the beauty around us.

Hope that you are all well and can be kind to yourselves.

I approach life as a scientist as well.  Really even the big bang theory doesn't make total sense thinking that the entire universe was compressed so small in the beginning.  I doubt it but we come up with these things in life when we have to explain the reason why something would create all of this shrug his shoulders and leave like a deadbeat father.

Edited by sober4life

5 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

i don't think anyone has everything. humans are very really satisfied. im not religious so i dont really believe in heaven or hell..

I don't truly believe in heaven or hell either.  If I believed in heaven I would be there right now.

14 hours ago, sober4life said:

I remember when I started remembering my childhood.  I was in rehab sitting in an AA meeting and a man sitting there reminded me of someone that molested me as a child.  I never saw the man again until today the weekend before I will be sober for 3 years.  My whole life has been this way not too good to be true too awful to be true like there is constantly something put in my way to try to make sure I fail!

OMG, that's horrible. I suppose, trying to be positive, you haven't seen him for decades. And most likely you won't see him for decades again 🤞

Seeing him is going to bring everything up for you. Hold tight till the storm passes. We're here for you ❤️

Ps. If you see that b*stard on a regular basis, moving is always an option. It could help to give you a boost knowing that you'll never see him again and give you a fresh start where the old drama won't find you. That's a big part of the reason I'm moving. I've been hurt too much here. 

14 hours ago, aterrou said:

The universe randomly gave rise to us without guidance, forethought, or plan. And yet here we are, able to contemplate our own existence, however brief, and able to appreciate the beauty of the universe, including people, that surrounds us.

My thoughts are that we are one big playful experiment for the universe. 

Yes, things on earth are very dysfunctional now but it's leading to change for the better. Humans have to treat each other and the earth better in order to survive. In a nutshell we will be forced into it. Forced to be the kind of humans we would ultimately like to be. Kind to each other and the planet. 

There are pockets of goodness in the world and its good to remember that. Focusing on all of the negative will take you down in a spiral and leave you paralysed, angry and unable to participate in anything good. 

We can all do a little bit of good. It's in our hands. If we all helped to keep our little patch of the world a kind place for humans, insects and animals imagine how the world could be!!