Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Since the divorce, she has become somewhat disabled with a balance issue..

It's amazing how much balance we can find when we have no option but to fend for ourselves 😉

11 hours ago, JD4010 said:

My daughter could really benefit from being more independent.

If you were settled and happy somewhere else she would have a space to escape to instead of being continuously overwhelmed with caring for her mother 🙄 like everyone else in her mother's orbit seems to. 

You and your daughter deserve a life of your own. I'm not saying never help but you have a right to find some balance....She has all the money. Let her pay for some help 😐 and maybe, just maybe if she wasn't helped so much she could find the strength to do a bit more for herself 😉 I’ve seen people completely paralysed managing with a lot less help than she seems to have 😳 and being grateful for every little bit of it too. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Low grade depressed. Hoping for some light at the end of the tunnel. Praying that my master escape plan is gonna work. I'm worried that the backlash from narc mom will stop me again.

She has power over my finances and the ability to make my life a misery with her stalking and intimidation abilities. If I do manage to escape its gonna be hard enough without a huge wave of abuse and financial punishment to go with it.... 

I won't give up. It seems the best plan is to keep it secret for as long as possible so that she can meddle as little as possible. I could do without the fear of her finding out and making my life a misery hanging over me. I don't want to be going through a huge life change and having her wrath raining down upon me simultaneously. 

This is the way it's always been. I feel very trapped sometimes. I hope I can make it out 🤞

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stuck -- that is as close as I can get to a real answer.  Or maybe back to square one.

 The family emergency is slowly resolving. Now I am back to all the 'stuff' I had to deal with before it started plus a few new items.  The depression has finally lifted considerably (but not completely), but I am left with this mountain of issues that need to be dealt with.  I want to be hopeful but am not totally confident.  Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I phoned my Dad's doctor because there was a mistake with his prescription refill and he accused me of trying to "be my Dad's doctor". No stupid, I wasn't the one who changed it, you or the pharmacy made a mistake and I'm trying to rectify it. No apology. I seriously hate people 🤬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to have a pharmacy that wouldn't start filling a prescription until you showed up at the pharmacy.  It could have been called in today or a week ago.  It would be the same thing every time.  I don't see anything here for you.  They would act like they made a mistake every time but they did that with everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I used to have a pharmacy that wouldn't start filling a prescription until you showed up at the pharmacy.  It could have been called in today or a week ago.  It would be the same thing every time.  I don't see anything here for you.  They would act like they made a mistake every time but they did that with everyone.

They do that sometimes, but I always go to the one at the grocery store so I just grocery shop while I wait. It's just a sore spot because I respect my Dad's independence, even when I don't agree with his decisions, so for someone to accuse me of trying to take over an aspect of his life in any way just rubs me the wrong way. There's been other stuff going on so I'm at the brink of I-don't-know-what and really didn't need this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Kogent5 said:

They do that sometimes, but I always go to the one at the grocery store so I just grocery shop while I wait. It's just a sore spot because I respect my Dad's independence, even when I don't agree with his decisions, so for someone to accuse me of trying to take over an aspect of his life in any way just rubs me the wrong way. There's been other stuff going on so I'm at the brink of I-don't-know-what and really didn't need this.

I used to do the same thing with prescriptions.  At this point there is probably a way to get his prescriptions delivered in the mail like I do now.  Independence is great less things to have to do is better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't felt too bad today. A good night's sleep last night helped I think. I don't always sleep so well when mini lion takes over the bed 🦁 She came in for a cuddle in the morning instead which was fab 👍

Tiredness can ramp up any depression in me and I'm finding my mood dropping as I get tired this evening 🥱

Still, I've had a pretty good day today, I've been quite active and I'm not complaining 👏

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

once again I am feeling like things are not right. I used think that "i'm good" meant I was making progress. I wasn't down  or way up, just in the middle. now I'm not sure what 'good' means. I dislike going to the therapist or meds doc because first question asked   is "on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being no depression/anxiety and 10 being extremely depressed/anxiety."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, nojoy said:

once again I am feeling like things are not right. I used think that "i'm good" meant I was making progress. I wasn't down  or way up, just in the middle. now I'm not sure what 'good' means. I dislike going to the therapist or meds doc because first question asked   is "on a scale of 0 to 10, 0 being no depression/anxiety and 10 being extremely depressed/anxiety."

 

I would say 12 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep going to prove the world wrong I guess but it's all in my head nobody cares about me.  If someone saw that I was on fire they would act like they didn't see me.  When people ask me how I'm doing I wonder what is this person up to because of course they don't really care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...