How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

@sober4life @nothing_man

Thanks

its just seems so real 

I talk to my therapist in a few days well 3 days so maybe talking to  my therapist well help maybe hopefully I sleep tonight that will help to

am just so scard also don’t feel tired 

Maldonado very forgetful oh well that’s life

1 minute ago, Devlinkyla said:

@sober4life @nothing_man

Thanks

its just seems so real 

I talk to my therapist in a few days well 3 days so maybe talking to  my therapist well help maybe hopefully I sleep tonight that will help to

am just so scard also don’t feel tired 

Maldonado very forgetful oh well that’s life

Anxiety sucks, try to release some energy through some activity.

6 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

This is a dumb question but here it goes 

like what I have nothing to do am also scared to go on a walk by myself 😒🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I don't think that that's a silly question or matter. With all the coronavirus quarantine we had here (having), I found myself a bit shy about going to the outsides again. But it's a phase, until I get used again.

What is that scares you? Have you identified what it is?

10 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

This is a dumb question but here it goes 

like what I have nothing to do am also scared to go on a walk by myself 😒🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I do housework and I also make a list of everything that is stressing me out and try to finish the list.  The best thing for anxiety is trying to fix all the problems that are stressing you out.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I do housework and I also make a list of everything that is stressing me out and try to finish the list.  The best thing for anxiety is trying to fix all the problems that are stressing you out.

What a good point you have made. Lol, I laugh from inside because I'm currently experiencing some anxiety, because of some exams to come, but I can't "fix" them until I have them, hahah out of my reach, have to deal with this until then. I guess one have to master how to deal with things out of our control.

18 minutes ago, nothing_man said:

I don't think that that's a silly question or matter. With all the coronavirus quarantine we had here (having), I found myself a bit shy about going to the outsides again. But it's a phase, until I get used again.

What is that scares you? Have you identified what it is?

That people will hurt me

ans yea I agree with what you said about things out of our control 

Edited by Devlinkyla

13 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Ohh good idea but I don’t know how to fix it

Today is a rest day technically but I'm waiting for someone that has one of those jobs where they have the nerve to say I'll be there sometime between 9 and 9.  By the time he gets here I'll want to punch him but he'll still have the nerve to make up words that don't exist whatsoever because he thinks I'm an idiot and charge me hundreds of dollars.  Chances are all he'll really do is hide somewhere on my property and smoke a joint with his partner while they laugh at how stupid I am and come inside and say that will be $500.

I'm afraid I'm going to have a headache here too! Been online most of the day, but am physically tired from a cooking disaster (it turned out good in the end at least tho, thankfully), so I had to come back on to relax.

But speaking of crazy sleep. I'm also worried that this is going to keep me up all night again. Well, I don't mean ALL night, but last night I went to bed late as it was, and then proceeded to wake up every couple of hours thinking and feeling like it was time to get up. Like I was awake! Except funny thing, after the second time I woke, I found my tablet laid open next to me. I then vaguely recalled opening it to go online, as I do every morning, but I must've fallen back asleep before I could even shut it. Lol Crazy!

Well, gonna go now. Take care all! Sending my best! ❤️

5 hours ago, anxiousE said:

I'm afraid I'm going to have a headache here too! Been online most of the day, but am physically tired from a cooking disaster (it turned out good in the end at least tho, thankfully), so I had to come back on to relax.

But speaking of crazy sleep. I'm also worried that this is going to keep me up all night again. Well, I don't mean ALL night, but last night I went to bed late as it was, and then proceeded to wake up every couple of hours thinking and feeling like it was time to get up. Like I was awake! Except funny thing, after the second time I woke, I found my tablet laid open next to me. I then vaguely recalled opening it to go online, as I do every morning, but I must've fallen back asleep before I could even shut it. Lol Crazy!

Well, gonna go now. Take care all! Sending my best! ❤️

I used to be addicted to the internet and it affected me that way.  Being online all day can make you feel that way for sure.  It's hard to shut down our minds after being online all day.

I have to get a new cord for my dryer today.  Everyone I talk to says make sure you turn off the breaker before unhooking the old cord and they laugh.  These are the types of comments that people make that will make me boil over.  They don't say comments like these all the time to be helpful.  They say these things to belittle me.  They think I'm the stupidest person in the world.  I'm usually the calmest person in the world.  I might come to your house and not say anything for hours but one of these days they are going to make one of these comments to me and I'm just going to lose it on them.  It's that simple.😒

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

I used to be addicted to the internet and it affected me that way.  Being online all day can make you feel that way for sure.  It's hard to shut down our minds after being online all day.

Yeah. I did manage to get to sleep at a reasonable time (i think) and could fall back asleep too, but I did still wake up a number of times. Speaking of internet, gah! This item on Amazon I've been waiting to buy because it's always "temporarily unavailable" went available today a few hours ago...but now as I try to order it, it's gone again. Argh!! So, more checking and more obsessing. :/

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have to get a new cord for my dryer today.  Everyone I talk to says make sure you turn off the breaker before unhooking the old cord and they laugh.  These are the types of comments that people make that will make me boil over.  They don't say comments like these all the time to be helpful.  They say these things to belittle me.  They think I'm the stupidest person in the world.  I'm usually the calmest person in the world.  I might come to your house and not say anything for hours but one of these days they are going to make one of these comments to me and I'm just going to lose it on them.  It's that simple.😒

Oh I totally get this! Luckily it doesn't happen too often, but I had a couple of instances recently...I'm only thinking of one and I may not have been THAT angry that time, but I was kept being reminded to do something as if I didn't hear it the first 3 times...but yeah, that's a case of where I'm being a little nitpicky...there have been much worse things. I must be blocking them out right now...and how ironic that I'm blocking things out right now when I'm back in therapy needing to discuss and come to terms with these things??!!! sigh!

1 hour ago, anxiousE said:

Yeah. I did manage to get to sleep at a reasonable time (i think) and could fall back asleep too, but I did still wake up a number of times. Speaking of internet, gah! This item on Amazon I've been waiting to buy because it's always "temporarily unavailable" went available today a few hours ago...but now as I try to order it, it's gone again. Argh!! So, more checking and more obsessing. 😕

Oh I totally get this! Luckily it doesn't happen too often, but I had a couple of instances recently...I'm only thinking of one and I may not have been THAT angry that time, but I was kept being reminded to do something as if I didn't hear it the first 3 times...but yeah, that's a case of where I'm being a little nitpicky...there have been much worse things. I must be blocking them out right now...and how ironic that I'm blocking things out right now when I'm back in therapy needing to discuss and come to terms with these things??!!! sigh!

I don't know I honestly wish my mind kept things blocked out.  In my case when you are literally in your 20s and don't remember any of your childhood there's a good reason for it.  I can never let anything go though.  I had to figure out everything.  It was the worst mistake of my life.  I think things being blocked out is good.  Who wants to deal with anything if we don't have to?

On 5/25/2020 at 8:36 AM, jkd_sd said:

I agree!  Too often, living life is like plugging leaks in a boat.  You get all the current leaks plugged, and a minute later more leaks start.  Then some smart a** says, "Hey, your boat is leaking!  Here is one, and here is another, and ...."  Like they are doing you some kind of favor, and they make no mention of all the leaks you already fixed.

By reading your posts, I can tell you have already not only fixed lots of leaks, but also weathered lots of storms.  Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!  If your 'family' does not appreciate what you have done, they are not much of a family.  Enjoy your accomplishments, and ignore the 'fault-pickers'.  (((*hugs*)))

I love your analogy.  You are correct they fail to mention all the leaks we have plugged.