How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Unsurprisingly, a bad night. I got some sleep so I figure it's better than nothing. If I can figure out how to get food till I can work/claim something I'll be ok 😬 I gotta stop buying coffees, I gotta stop drinking so much tea ....I gotta stop getting expensive hair products and get the cheapest etc etc 🤦

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Unsurprisingly, a bad night. I got some sleep so I figure it's better than nothing. If I can figure out how to get food till I can work/claim something I'll be ok 😬 I gotta stop buying coffees, I gotta stop drinking so much tea ....I gotta stop getting expensive hair products and get the cheapest etc etc 🤦

What do they have where you are?  Around here there are food banks, soup kitchens, food stamps.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

What do they have where you are?  Around here there are food banks, soup kitchens, food stamps.

Yeah, we have those. I mean my sister will most likely feed me but I can't take the piss. If I want to access a food bank I will have to get in touch with some sort of authority 🤔 I'm sure I will survive. Petrol wise though, I'm not gonna be driving too much, that's for sure.

Feeling inner conflict between the "Golden Rule" and protecting myself from those who even if innocently and unknowingly trigger bad feelings in me. 

When one is mentally ill it is more than not wanting to be around those who tend to be pushy and judgmental because there is a health dimension to it.  Even medicated and with psychological tools to deal with one's automatic thoughts, there is a danger element to being around people who are well-meaning but have a propensity for toxic behavior.

What is one's duty to truthfulness to such individuals when telling the truth hurts them and/or hurts oneself?

My anxiety is through the roof I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it I usually work 10:00 to 7:00 every other Friday and now new management is saying I have to work noon to 8:00 to closing I'm in bed at 7:30 at times especially during the winter then the next day I have to be at work at 8:00 I can't say nothing because then I'm a crybaby and it could be worse I could be working till 8:00 every week sorry for making this long I have a Ben a member of the site for many many years just not on here much when I am you know I'm really struggling sometimes I just need to get on here and realize I'm not alone

3 hours ago, law055car said:

My anxiety is through the roof I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it I usually work 10:00 to 7:00 every other Friday and now new management is saying I have to work noon to 8:00 to closing I'm in bed at 7:30 at times especially during the winter then the next day I have to be at work at 8:00 I can't say nothing because then I'm a crybaby and it could be worse I could be working till 8:00 every week sorry for making this long I have a Ben a member of the site for many many years just not on here much when I am you know I'm really struggling sometimes I just need to get on here and realize I'm not alone

Anxiety is really debilitating and you know you are not alone in feeling like that. I see a couple of options,

- accept the change and say nothing, but this might lead to further feelings that upset you

- accept the change as a trial, and you will try and see if you can deal with it in reality.

- accept the change and look around and see if there are other job options that might suit your hours better.

Meanwhile try to remember that anxiety is our own personal worry about a change. Its possible that it could work for you, and if it doesn't look at your options…. Breath and remember to keep breathing, you are definitely not alone

Just now, sober4life said:

It's spider season.  There's one so big in here I don't want to put my feet on the floor.🤨  I was searching about them and people also ask do spiders scream?  Do spiders lay eggs under your skin?  Wow!:unsure:

Yep spider season here too.  There's a big wolf spider on the outside of the window, and I found another black widow too.  Lol do spiders scream 🤣

1 hour ago, AloneGuy said:

Yep spider season here too.  There's a big wolf spider on the outside of the window, and I found another black widow too.  Lol do spiders scream 🤣

There's a wolf spider in here under the fridge right now.  No they don't scream.  They speak with a very calm voice well until anyone else comes around.😒

15 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yeah, we have those. I mean my sister will most likely feed me but I can't take the piss. If I want to access a food bank I will have to get in touch with some sort of authority 🤔 I'm sure I will survive. Petrol wise though, I'm not gonna be driving too much, that's for sure.

A warning if you are considering the employment route to become financially independent, even after your foot has made a complete recovery

Do you think you are ready or capable of juggling multiple "Highest Priority" work tasks/projects under pressure in a fast paced environment, for 9.5 hours a day, 5 days a week? Because that's the bare minimum hirers are looking for 

1 hour ago, Barrier Maiden said:

I've got a job interview in a little over an hour. My first in a good five years. I'm feeling extremely anxious, and like this hour is the slowest time has ever passed.

Good luck Barrier Maiden 🍀

Trying to stay positive even though I am up against it. Ever the optimist, even when depressed. I'm feeling down today, not awful, just down.

I got some cleaning done at my sister's and got myself fully bathed so that's a positive for the day. It might have been good for me to have a rest day but I rarely feel good resting the whole day.

I've come out for a tiny little walk. Feeling particularly bad about the fact that I can't put petrol in the car I think.  Maybe that is something that I can't compromise on and may have to spend some of the emergency fund. At any rate, it would be good for me not to drive for at least a week anyway to try and get more foot healing done Will think on it 🤔

2 hours ago, Barrier Maiden said:

I've got a job interview in a little over an hour. My first in a good five years. I'm feeling extremely anxious, and like this hour is the slowest time has ever passed.

Good luck, I hope it goes well.  

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

There's a wolf spider in here under the fridge right now.  No they don't scream.  They speak with a very calm voice well until anyone else comes around.😒

Wolf spiders are kinda scary looking, but I've noticed they're not very aggressive at all.  Yeah I'd imagine that they speak pretty calmly lol.

I hope everyone has a good day.

The only place spiders are aggressive is on tv.  I think it's the only place any animal is aggressive.  Spiders like every other animal are trained to run from us not born that way.  Every baby animal is born tame.  They're all trained by their mothers to fear us.

Edited by sober4life

3 hours ago, Barrier Maiden said:

Hope it went ok for you…. Anxiety could be controlled for a while.

Oooh, so irritable today around my sister. I am in desperate need for my own space. I haven't had any in a year now.

She can be very insensitive, inattentive and extremely moody. Add to this the fact that I am exhausted, down and without the energy to lighten the mood. It's normally me who has to cheer her up whenever we are together. 

Anyway, I'm getting ready for floor now 🤦 Yes, that's right, floor, not bed. One day closer to being in my own space I guess. Lawyers simply ignored my call this week and email last week but we will get there, I'm sure. Nite my loves 😘

9 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Oooh, so irritable today around my sister. I am in desperate need for my own space. I haven't had any in a year now.

She can be very insensitive, inattentive and extremely moody. Add to this the fact that I am exhausted, down and without the energy to lighten the mood. It's normally me who has to cheer her up whenever we are together. 

Anyway, I'm getting ready for floor now 🤦 Yes, that's right, floor, not bed. One day closer to being in my own space I guess. Lawyers simply ignored my call this week and email last week but we will get there, I'm sure. Nite my loves 😘

Gnite, hopeyou have agood pillow at least.