How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

2 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

Well **** I need to get out of this damn house but yet agin don’t really want to that don’t make sense 🤣

No the way you say it is perfect.  We all have the need to get out of here but we know what's out there.  It's like the bug needing to hit the bug light and get zapped over and over.

12 hours ago, iWantRope said:

But I live somewhere that's 18-hours flight from United States, in a year-round-hot-weather tropical country...still wanna meet in person? 🤣

Yes! We still want to meet in person. 

I posted the following long ago but some of you may have mssed it.   I am originally from a tropical country in South America.  We moved to Canada for a better life when I was very young. I miss all the tropical fruits and tropical fish. 

Edited by duck

16 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

Yes, it was catfish from the lake 

I love fish such as Gillbacker which is part of the catfish family, snook, grey snapper, red snapper. 🙂

Edited by duck

Hyper-awareness, hypervigilance, mild irritation, insomnia, free-floating worry. Life with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I dont know why symptoms have very suddenly spiked. Of course our very abnormal circumstances play some part in it. 

Since April I've been cruising along with mild symptoms, the last two days I've awoken feeling stressed and worried. 

I'll try some meditation tomorrow if I can sleep tonight. 

11 hours ago, Atra said:

Hyper-awareness, hypervigilance, mild irritation, insomnia, free-floating worry. Life with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I dont know why symptoms have very suddenly spiked. Of course our very abnormal circumstances play some part in it. 

Since April I've been cruising along with mild symptoms, the last two days I've awoken feeling stressed and worried. 

I'll try some meditation tomorrow if I can sleep tonight. 

let us know how it works..i wanted to try that ..they had free classes near me, but they cancelled them due to the virus..

I can't wait to grow up so I can do whatever I want.  What a total joke!  Every single day of being an adult is an absolute nightmare!  Time seems to fly by because there's never a dull moment.  It's usually heart attack stress with you screaming what am I going to do now all the time!  There are never good times or anything to look forward to but the next train coming down the track right for you!

Edited by sober4life

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I can't wait to grow up so I can do whatever I want.  What a total joke!

Yup!  The dirty, little secret about growing up, becoming an adult, and getting older is this....  As we grow up and age (as adults), the world (well, universe actually) continues to become "more".  And the 'more' it becomes most of all is 'more complicated.'  From a newborn knowing nothing but his mother's arms, to the neighborhood our childhood home is in, to school, other people, other towns, other countries, other cultures, other languages, other political parties, other stars, galaxies, etc., to infinity.  

Scattered throughout this ever expanding 'more' are definitely some good things (ice cream, kitties, etc.) but also some bad things and lots (and lots!) of just things/details/stuff.  This 'stuff' is infinite, but none of us are infinite.  Soooooo, the good stuff is OK to deal with, the bad stuff s*cks to deal with, and the lots of stuff can bury us alive long before we get buried dead.  😢  

This is a topic I have struggled with often.  I finally kinda understand the problem.  But, sorry to say, I do not have any solutions.  Just the same, tired cliches you can get anywhere.  I wish you all the best and ask one favor.  If you find any solutions, please share!  🙃

Hi Everyine 

new here...but just feeling so empty and exhausted....so bad even my inner critic has deserted me. I know the thoughts are there as I’m wiriting..but just can’t pull myself and my thoughts together and my motivation for things I used to enjoy just doesn’t exist.

Used to be a highly driven motivated person, but have spent the last two months sliding into hell.

7 hours ago, jkd_sd said:

Yup!  The dirty, little secret about growing up, becoming an adult, and getting older is this....  As we grow up and age (as adults), the world (well, universe actually) continues to become "more".  And the 'more' it becomes most of all is 'more complicated.'  From a newborn knowing nothing but his mother's arms, to the neighborhood our childhood home is in, to school, other people, other towns, other countries, other cultures, other languages, other political parties, other stars, galaxies, etc., to infinity.  

Scattered throughout this ever expanding 'more' are definitely some good things (ice cream, kitties, etc.) but also some bad things and lots (and lots!) of just things/details/stuff.  This 'stuff' is infinite, but none of us are infinite.  Soooooo, the good stuff is OK to deal with, the bad stuff s*cks to deal with, and the lots of stuff can bury us alive long before we get buried dead.  😢  

This is a topic I have struggled with often.  I finally kinda understand the problem.  But, sorry to say, I do not have any solutions.  Just the same, tired cliches you can get anywhere.  I wish you all the best and ask one favor.  If you find any solutions, please share!  🙃

I guess everything that has happened needed to happen really.  I've been forced to be strong over and over through this but no matter how well I am doing family seems to come along and point out the areas I'm not doing well enough in.  Maybe they're right I don't know.  There's never I'm proud of you though.  It's belittling comments.  There's always some faults that can be pointed out.  I'm sick of it!

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

There's always some faults that can be pointed out.  I'm sick of it!

I agree!  Too often, living life is like plugging leaks in a boat.  You get all the current leaks plugged, and a minute later more leaks start.  Then some smart a** says, "Hey, your boat is leaking!  Here is one, and here is another, and ...."  Like they are doing you some kind of favor, and they make no mention of all the leaks you already fixed.

By reading your posts, I can tell you have already not only fixed lots of leaks, but also weathered lots of storms.  Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!  If your 'family' does not appreciate what you have done, they are not much of a family.  Enjoy your accomplishments, and ignore the 'fault-pickers'.  (((*hugs*)))

1 hour ago, jkd_sd said:

I agree!  Too often, living life is like plugging leaks in a boat.  You get all the current leaks plugged, and a minute later more leaks start.  Then some smart a** says, "Hey, your boat is leaking!  Here is one, and here is another, and ...."  Like they are doing you some kind of favor, and they make no mention of all the leaks you already fixed.

By reading your posts, I can tell you have already not only fixed lots of leaks, but also weathered lots of storms.  Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!  If your 'family' does not appreciate what you have done, they are not much of a family.  Enjoy your accomplishments, and ignore the 'fault-pickers'.  (((*hugs*)))

Thank you very much your posts have helped me so much more than you could ever imagine!❤️

I've had a panic attack 2 days in a row.  It makes you feel very alone in the world when you feel a panic attack coming on and you're sitting around family and you think I have to get out of here because you don't feel safe having the panic attack around them.  You have to say I'm feeling tired I need to go take a nap and you hope you're able to make it home.  You're not even sure if you're well enough to drive but wrecking or anything on earth really would be better than having a panic attack in front of family.

On 2/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, watalife said:

Like there's no way I'm going to make it to 70. I can barely walk after working and I haven't been checked for health problems. What a great life experience.  

I totally understand what you are saying because I have a lot of things going on with my health that I wonder the same things