Lindsay

How do You Feel Right Now? #12

7 hours ago, Devlinkyla said:

So I have a question I have a hard time meeting new people what is a good way to meet new people like seriously am not kidding I meet to meet and make new friends I don’t have a lot of friends 

I met my friends through work and support groups.  I also became friends with my friends siblings and their friends. Coffee shops are good to make new friends too.  Having said that friends come and go.  There are times when I have thirty friends and other times I have only five or six.    Sometimes I have more female friends than male and vice versa. I hope this helps. 

I've been lucky so far through this pandemic.  I haven't had to take off and leave this place during all of this and probably won't have to but my life as is can't really last beyond this year.  People are busy with other things for the time being but when things go back to full normal the world will say hey we can be making more money from this situation than this!  I want to leave this place before I have to leave it which will come.  It's only a matter of when.  Sometime this summer I will probably just vanish from everywhere even this place.

13 minutes ago, SouthernSolitary said:

My doctor stopped my anxiety medicine. I’ve never felt so defeated in my life. First they won’t give me anything useful for insomnia, now this 

That’s sad but hopefully you can find something to work for you.  Perhaps you can try alternative medicine like vitamins and other things that is good for the mind

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't know I've never had friends which is surprising.  Who wouldn't want to sit here and watch the Smurfs with me as I sit and talk to myself.

i would. i like the smurfs...plus i think we would all have interesting stories to share..

37 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

i would. i like the smurfs...plus i think we would all have interesting stories to share..

Thanks I got a chainsaw today.  I've never used one before.  I'm sure the story of me learning how to use it on my own will be one of those stories.  We'll see.:confusedread:

54 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

I'm in too. I'd love to meet y'all in person.

I'm just...drifting. Not bad, not good. Trying to determine if this "opportunity" that has come my way is legit, or if it will turn out to be just another kick in the teeth like everything else has. Past experience has almost convinced me it would be the latter.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Thanks I got a chainsaw today.  I've never used one before.  I'm sure the story of me learning how to use it on my own will be one of those stories.  We'll see.:confusedread:

That was fun.  It got my heart going for sure.  I got done what I needed to get done out there for now.  Now that I can do this part on my own nobody has to come here again.  I have a mountain size pile out there and I can't burn until next month.  I'm so sick of saying what I'm allowed to do and not allowed to do in this life!

55 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I'm just...drifting. Not bad, not good. Trying to determine if this "opportunity" that has come my way is legit, or if it will turn out to be just another kick in the teeth like everything else has. Past experience has almost convinced me it would be the latter.

Well hopefully it will be legit because you can use something to help to bring your morale up.  I’m rooting for you my friend 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I would absolutely come to a forum get together.

Count me in!  It might be a little awkward to begin with, but we already know we have quite a bit in common.  🙂

9 hours ago, Floor2017 said:

Well my day has not been all that productive I cleaned some fish I caught yesterday and that is about all I have done all day 

What kind of fish did you catch?  Was it catfish?  I am guessing you caught it from a lake. 

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

That was fun.  It got my heart going for sure.  I got done what I needed to get done out there for now.  Now that I can do this part on my own nobody has to come here again.  I have a mountain size pile out there and I can't burn until next month.  I'm so sick of saying what I'm allowed to do and not allowed to do in this life!

I am so glad you enjoyed using the chain saw and now you have lots of wood. 🙂

8 hours ago, duck said:

I am so glad you enjoyed using the chain saw and now you have lots of wood. 🙂

Yeah I can put on my beaver suit and use the wood to make a beaver dam in the creek in the neighbor's yard.

9 hours ago, duck said:

What kind of fish did you catch?  Was it catfish?  I am guessing you caught it from a lake. 

Yes, it was catfish from the lake 

23 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm in too. I'd love to meet y'all in person.

But I live somewhere that's 18-hours flight from United States, in a year-round-hot-weather tropical country...still wanna meet in person? 🤣

2 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

But I live somewhere that's 18-hours flight from United States, in a year-round-hot-weather tropical country...still wanna meet in person? 🤣

Haha 😂 we are leaving now by foot it might take awhile to get there but don’t count us out

8 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I would work outside but my neighbors are out there.  Who wants to talk to them?

So put on some old headphones, earbuds, whatever and run the cable into your pocket -- they do not need to work or even be plugged into anything.  Go out, give them a quick wave, and get so darned busy that you just do not happen to look their direction again.  😉

11 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

So put on some old headphones, earbuds, whatever and run the cable into your pocket -- they do not need to work or even be plugged into anything.  Go out, give them a quick wave, and get so darned busy that you just do not happen to look their direction again.  😉

I was out for a little bit.  I'm not letting them stop me.  I love their dog.  She's such a sweetheart.  She runs up to me every time I'm over there.  They're the type that lie and say their dog doesn't really like people.  The truth is they're just as paranoid as I am.  They're afraid I will befriend their "guard dog".