Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

I'm feeling really bad about this job. The nightmare continues and all I'm waiting for is it to end. Living to live. Wow what a great reason to be alive. Thank God for the confusion box and screen.

Edited by watalife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

All people seem to do is drain each other for energy.  If you come across anyone you know in life you can count on them dumping all of their drama right on your head every time you talk to them.  That's it.  You never hear a how are you and really even if they did say it they don't listen to anything you say.  They're just waiting for you to be done so they can start talking about themselves.  I'm done with people.

Agreed Sober!  High Five! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just feeling like I'm too much and quite lonely in my mental health struggles. Like I am always giving too much of myself and a people pleaser to end up feeling taken for granted etc. So yeah that is what I'm feeling at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, iWantRope said:

At least you're doing something about it by finding your own place to move out to.

Maybe I should do something about my job situation & find a new one. I'm like @Nightjar except it's 2-3 layers of narc management.

Even considering I'm only with my current employer for just 10 months

I understand hatred and the stress it causes all too well.

It's not always so easy to leave somewhere/someone when your survival depends upon it though is it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Sorry you had a rough day, i do understand not wanting to constantly argue with her and escalating things, getting out probably was the best thing to calm things down, I'm too stubborn to do that, after childhood bullying i just flat out refuse to back down, your way was more civil and correct and i applaud you for it, tomorrow should be better.

Thanks, yep, I try to keep in mind that the time I'm most upset about it, it's actually over...Till the next time 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feeling a deep sense of malaise. I can’t concentrate and have zero motivation for work. I have plenty to do just overwhelmed by it and don’t know where to start. And that isn’t good because this is the same work organized in the same way that I have been doing for years with little issue but now I just can’t deal with it anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Thanks, yep, I try to keep in mind that the time I'm most upset about it, it's actually over...Till the next time 😬

It's the same with me.  They always leave something in our heads to make us think about what they did to us for days, weeks, years even.  It's like they poison us every time and we have to wait to recover from it.  I'm sitting here trying to think of any positive things he's done in my life and the only thing I can think of is when he moved 2 hours away for a while after the divorce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's it like to be sick in this world?  It's like being a sick animal in the woods that has vultures following it for the final days of it's life because they know it's almost over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Hey guys. Phase 2 of escape from Alcatraz is underway. Got myself a house 🥳

SOLD 😸

Yay, that is awesome news, you cant see it but I'm happy dancing for you, i bet that takes a bit of anxiety off of you, don't let ANYONE  drag your good mood down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...well, I was right about last night's episode of WL being the season finale.

I haven't seen it yet and I probably won't for a long time cause I don't even know if there's going to be a third season. Honestly, the thought of WL being canceled gives me more anxiety than being away from Jane.

I - I don't know how to feel right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Yay, that is awesome news, you cant see it but I'm happy dancing for you, i bet that takes a bit of anxiety off of you, don't let ANYONE  drag your good mood down

Thankyou so much. I'm really pleased with it. Definitely feeling more buoyant today. I have a bit of anxiety in case anything is wrong with it, but that's normal I guess (especially when you live with a doom monger) 🥳🥳🥳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 3:53 AM, watalife said:

I'm feeling really bad about this job. The nightmare continues and all I'm waiting for is it to end. Living to live. Wow what a great reason to be alive. Thank God for the confusion box and screen.

Are the people there causing you grief wata?

I remember how everyone gave me hell in my last job for about a year 😬 After that we sorta settled into a routine and got along a lot better. 

But people don't really grow up wherever they are, it's always like the playground in my opinion 🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, monicott17 said:

Feeling a deep sense of malaise. I can’t concentrate and have zero motivation for work. I have plenty to do just overwhelmed by it and don’t know where to start. And that isn’t good because this is the same work organized in the same way that I have been doing for years with little issue but now I just can’t deal with it anymore.

Overwhelmed…. You hit the nail on the head. Either pick one thing you want to do and complete it, or if you can, get your boss to pick something, but explain to him/her you need some priorities, not just a list. Some tasks may no longer be required??? Others may be needed only on a Friday for example.

my thoughts on bypassing being overwhelmed are to break it up into manageable steps…… personally I don’t do well when priority is not clear. I feel for you, one step at a time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 3:50 AM, Kelannie43 said:

Just feeling like I'm too much and quite lonely in my mental health struggles. Like I am always giving too much of myself and a people pleaser to end up feeling taken for granted etc. So yeah that is what I'm feeling at the moment. 

You are definitely not alone. Your feelings especially as a people pleaser are well understood by myself and probably most of the members here. Welcome to the forums, we are here to listen to and support each other, as rl friends can do, and here without judgement. So go ahead and post how you’re feeling. 
there is no cure for our personality but there are ways to deal with ourselves. So tonight, can I suggest you just give yourself 5 minutes or more of self care, and feel ok that you did it for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Thankyou so much. I'm really pleased with it. Definitely feeling more buoyant today. I have a bit of anxiety in case anything is wrong with it, but that's normal I guess (especially when you live with a doom monger) 🥳🥳🥳

I know how that is.  My whole family is that way.  Any positive news and they'll tell me something wrong with things.  Maybe it's why I always have anxiety.  I was always taught to worry all the time about everything.  If you're happy with the house like @surfcastersaid don't let anyone drag your mood down.  It makes me so happy that you have a house of your own now.  The good thing about having our own home is we don't have to let any of them come inside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

You are definitely not alone. Your feelings especially as a people pleaser are well understood by myself and probably most of the members here. Welcome to the forums, we are here to listen to and support each other, as rl friends can do, and here without judgement. So go ahead and post how you’re feeling. 
there is no cure for our personality but there are ways to deal with ourselves. So tonight, can I suggest you just give yourself 5 minutes or more of self care, and feel ok that you did it for you.

Thank you so much 😢 I'm hurting so bad as a friend of mine triggers my depression/anxiety/abandonment trauma/numb and blanket like my heart is broken. I spent yesterday just laying around not eating much but did later. I'm going to try to start putting me first. It means so much for someone to reply out to me. I appreciate the support. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey guys. Phase 2 of escape from Alcatraz is underway. Got myself a house 🥳

SOLD 😸

That's fantastic! I hope it works out well. I'm still looking but ready to jump on anything promising (especially since getting kicked out onto the street wouldn't be fun). 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey guys. Phase 2 of escape from Alcatraz is underway. Got myself a house 🥳

SOLD 😸

Congratulations Nightjar 😃   This is good news!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 1:50 AM, Kelannie43 said:

Just feeling like I'm too much and quite lonely in my mental health struggles. Like I am always giving too much of myself and a people pleaser to end up feeling taken for granted etc. So yeah that is what I'm feeling at the moment. 

Hi Kelannie43, welcome to the forum.  😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...