How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

11 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

Unfortunately my family doesn't get along with them 🤷‍♀️

They're actually getting louder lol (day 8)... 😬

So some people are allowed to do whatever they want while others have to sit and wait for them to be done?  I don't think so.  After 8 days I would figure out a way to get the whole family to the party if they didn't get along with them.  Today's the last day of the party.🤨

Managed to avoid every single social event at work this week. Not exactly helpful for my career (or what passes for it), but I just couldn't stomach it. Besides, I have no future here anyway... need to find a remote place to "retire" to.

21 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Managed to avoid every single social event at work this week. Not exactly helpful for my career (or what passes for it), but I just couldn't stomach it. Besides, I have no future here anyway... need to find a remote place to "retire" to.

That would be one of my worst fears working at a place that came up with a reason to have a party every day like on that one Seinfeld episode.😢

On 6/23/2022 at 1:33 PM, surfcaster said:

Your posts make me smile, thank you

@duckMe too!

Actually, all y'all cheer me up. Thanks, DF family.

Edited by JD4010

On 6/23/2022 at 10:45 PM, sober4life said:

All you can say about days like today is well tomorrow can't possibly be worse.

And then the universe hauls off and punches you even harder "tomorrow."

Here I am being my usual  cheerful and optimistic self.

I used to love to go to old car shows. I'd look forward to them for weeks. Today, there's a massive gathering of old Cadillacs within driving distance for me. But here I sit looking at the computer monitor. I can't get past the inertia of doing absolutely nothing. Plus there would be a whole lot of people there.

Makes my cats happy that I'm always home though. Or at least it seems like it.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:37 PM, Kogent5 said:

I have been struggling with ignoring my next-door neighbors multi-day wedding festivities but it has been so loud...they are on their sixth day now. It is like living next to a club from 6 to midnight. I have no idea how all of them aren't deaf at this point.

My therapist says I need to differentiate between "unpleasant" and "catastrophic". This is "unpleasant". I have other issues that are much closer to catastrophic.

This is so hard whenever things happen, n we go back to think what would our therapist say. But I think sometimes small things happen and they do feel catastrophic to us and we can’t help our feelings. Maybe the only thing we can do is to try to turn the feelings from catastrophic to unpleasant… 

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Feeling lost today. Struggling with narc mom's demands to eat at a certain time..My routines and patterns don't fit with hers but she will shout and pout if I don't tow the line and eat when and what she dictates. It's easy for people to say, just say no, whatever but I have to live with her moods and rage if I don't do as I'm told.

Anyway, I've taken myself out of the house and I'm having a walk. I got some washing done while she was out (she interferes something stupid when she's in) and tidied up a bit...Pretty positive day so far today 🤔

I don't do what I'm told anymore.  If we have to have them in our lives I think we do have to stand up to them at some point.  He asked me to help him again today.  How did things end today?  Well he just left with everything that is his so he never has a reason to come back.

29 minutes ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Sometimes I think my problems are too small to make me feel depressed…which makes me feel worse…why is life so difficult 😞 

Truth. I knocked a glass of water off the table earlier. Broke the glass. No big deal, right? Well, it threw me into a deep funk. One more screw up for the day.

It was hours ago and I'm still brooding about it. Then my mind tries to feed me other depressing stuff to further the mood.

8 hours ago, anon22ae said:

I want to be alone in a forest where it rains constantly.    I don’t like people.  

7 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Here I am being my usual  cheerful and optimistic self.

I used to love to go to old car shows. I'd look forward to them for weeks. Today, there's a massive gathering of old Cadillacs within driving distance for me. But here I sit looking at the computer monitor. I can't get past the inertia of doing absolutely nothing. Plus there would be a whole lot of people there.

Makes my cats happy that I'm always home though. Or at least it seems like it.

Me too.  I have been sleeping and dreaming all Saturday.  No motivation to get up and go for a walk.  Friend invited me but I did not go.  No energy.   I just want to be alone.   

8 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Dinner tonight, yellow squash, zuchini, Brussel sprouts,  asparagus,  broccoli spears, seasoned and pan seared with a bit of butter, yummmmmmy

Yum Yum 🤤 

6 hours ago, duck said:

I want to be alone in a forest where it rains constantly.    I don’t like people.  

All people seem to do is drain each other for energy.  If you come across anyone you know in life you can count on them dumping all of their drama right on your head every time you talk to them.  That's it.  You never hear a how are you and really even if they did say it they don't listen to anything you say.  They're just waiting for you to be done so they can start talking about themselves.  I'm done with people.

Another day, another toxic drama. Not well today with waterworks problems and narc mom just criticising me and bossing me about all day. Just had an argument.

I just can't hold it down lately which scares me because I don't want to spend every day fighting and angry. Also, I don't want things to escalate to crazy fights. 

My head is shot at the minute. I've just come out to try and clear it a bit. 

I know how you feel.  He's worn me down to nothing too.  If I see him today I might snap completely.  It's hard knowing you have a parent that wants to destroy your life.  It's the way of the world though.  Nobody cares about anything.  They just tear the hell out of this world and knock the hell out of all the people and the animals around them without a care in world.  I was mowing the yard and I saw one of my squirrels was injured today.  I swear the way I feel right now if I saw them hit the squirrel I would jump in the car and chase them down!  I hate this world right now!

21 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

This is so hard whenever things happen, n we go back to think what would our therapist say. But I think sometimes small things happen and they do feel catastrophic to us and we can’t help our feelings. Maybe the only thing we can do is to try to turn the feelings from catastrophic to unpleasant… 

I wish my dumb brain would learn to differentiate instead of constantly being "CRISIS MODE" forever 😢 I wonder, even if I get out of my current situation, if things will actually get better, or my brain will just always be sad and anxious. Sigh.

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

That would be one of my worst fears working at a place that came up with a reason to have a party every day like on that one Seinfeld episode.😢

They're celebrating the post-COVID era, happy about getting together in person once again, including both regular workers and interns. I think I liked COVID better (not the disease, just the peace and quiet). Also, I'm not sure COVID is quite done with us yet, as it seems that those around me are getting it just now for the first time.

14 hours ago, duck said:

I guess I'm a bit different... people will be people, which is just how it is, so as long as I'm sufficiently far away... Also, the rain need not be constant. 🙂

10 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

They're celebrating the post-COVID era, happy about getting together in person once again, including both regular workers and interns. I think I liked COVID better (not the disease, just the peace and quiet). Also, I'm not sure COVID is quite done with us yet, as it seems that those around me are getting it just now for the first time.

There was no peace and quiet here in Ohio.  This state took about a weekend off where they hid away and the next Monday everyone went back to normal and the ones that didn't were made fun of and ridiculed for the most part.  No covid isn't done with us.  They never expected to be able to get rid of it.  They just told us what was happening the whole time while nothing ever actually changed the whole time in my opinion.  The only truth at this point is what they tell us.  It was all political the whole time.  They don't care what happens to us.

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Another day, another toxic drama. Not well today with waterworks problems and narc mom just criticising me and bossing me about all day. Just had an argument.

I just can't hold it down lately which scares me because I don't want to spend every day fighting and angry. Also, I don't want things to escalate to crazy fights. 

At least you're doing something about it by finding your own place to move out to.

Maybe I should do something about my job situation & find a new one. I'm like @Nightjar except it's 2-3 layers of narc management.

Even considering I'm only with my current employer for just 10 months

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well I care. I care about you and the ep of people here and I care about the animals. I don't care too much for narc mom right now but what can you do 🤷

Can't win em all I guess. 

I'm not going to let him break me.  Tomorrow the workers will start coming here.  There will be a lot of work here this summer.  Nothing will stop me from getting the life I want.  I hope you don't let her stop you from getting the life you want either.  I can't wait until you're in your new home.  The good news is the squirrel seems to be back to normal.  It just makes me so angry.  All of the animals here have been with me this whole journey because they're all creatures of habit.  The same birds.  The same squirrels and chipmunks every year in the same places.  They're my real family.

8 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Sorry you had a rough day, i do understand not wanting to constantly argue with her and escalating things, getting out probably was the best thing to calm things down, I'm too stubborn to do that, after childhood bullying i just flat out refuse to back down, your way was more civil and correct and i applaud you for it, tomorrow should be better.