How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I have been struggling with ignoring my next-door neighbors multi-day wedding festivities but it has been so loud...they are on their sixth day now. It is like living next to a club from 6 to midnight. I have no idea how all of them aren't deaf at this point.

My therapist says I need to differentiate between "unpleasant" and "catastrophic". This is "unpleasant". I have other issues that are much closer to catastrophic.

Good morning everyone 😀.  I hope you have a great day.   I know we are all struggling but I hope my post will brighten your day a bit!

6 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

I have been struggling with ignoring my next-door neighbors multi-day wedding festivities but it has been so loud...they are on their sixth day now. It is like living next to a club from 6 to midnight. I have no idea how all of them aren't deaf at this point.

My therapist says I need to differentiate between "unpleasant" and "catastrophic". This is "unpleasant". I have other issues that are much closer to catastrophic.

Well who wouldn't be mad living next to that?  6 day wedding celebration who does that?  It's very obnoxious!

16 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

So I been in real bad pain for 16 days and pain meds were helping a little not much but they haven’t been helping for like 4 or 5 days so yea that’s how am doing

Hope the pain starts to ease for you soon, sending energy your way🤗

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well who wouldn't be mad living next to that?  6 day wedding celebration who does that?  It's very obnoxious!

It's an Indian wedding. Most of my neighbors are South Asian, but in all my years living here I don't know anyone whose had celebrations this long or loud before. Fell asleep after midnight last night and I don't know how I did it, they were still going strong 😬

3 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

It's an Indian wedding. Most of my neighbors are South Asian, but in all my years living here I don't know anyone whose had celebrations this long or loud before. Fell asleep after midnight last night and I don't know how I did it, they were still going strong 😬

Good on you for getting to sleep. Well done 🏆

14 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Thank you 

I have a appointment with my doctor and am gonna ask about going to pain management because nothing I have is helping

That's good, keep on them until they manage it

8 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning everyone 😀.  I hope you have a great day.   I know we are all struggling but I hope my post will brighten your day a bit!

Your posts make me smile, thank you

4 hours ago, watalife said:

I feel very poor right now. Very poor. Thank you and have a good day.

Sending healing powers of thought your way, feel better soon

4 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

I would be putting out some feelers for some food as compensation, lol. South Asian food, particularly Indian is so deliciously tasty.......

I think in this life you just have to push yourself to your absolute extremes every day until one day the body just can't take anymore and gives out.  Rest the only time my mind will let me rest is when I'm in box at the end.

6 hours ago, watalife said:

Is this because of some unexpected expense, inflation, or just the general situation?

I feel similarly, since I'm trying to find a place to live and prices mostly remain through the roof. Some have come down, but only into the attic. Still, if this trend continues, maybe something will become affordable soon. If not, I'll be kicked out onto the street! 😐

20 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

Sorry to hear you have to deal with the noise wedding.   I hope the reduce their noise soon.   

11 hours ago, watalife said:

Oh Dear!  Sorry to hear.  I hope the situation improves soon. HUGS

Not sure how to feel right now, I'm all alone until tuesday for the first time since getting out of the hospital,  i mean I'm ok but it just feels weird, i grew accustomed to having someone always there asking how i was everyday and if i was ok, right now it kinda feels releiving to be able to just be me, all messed up and strange but me you know, now it's possible i could need to talk about thoughts but y'all are always here so, here's to getting to know myself by myself again. 

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think in this life you just have to push yourself to your absolute extremes every day until one day the body just can't take anymore and gives out.  

F*** that. I have had enough with stressful pressures! Next manager tries to impose deadline pressure on me should go swallow a whole keyboard & I'll GLADLY help with that 

I'm really, really not ready for the season finale of WL on Monday. I - I have a huge lump in my throat and I'm honestly trying my best not to cry (but I'm losing that battle fast).

I don't want to be away from Jane for another year if it comes down to that. It hurt so much the first time and I don't want to go through that pain again. And I mean...yeah, I can watch her other things, but it's not the same and only helps so much.

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

All you can say about days like today is well tomorrow can't possibly be worse.

This is as good it gets, but no matter how bad it is, it can always get worse. I've learned this the hard way, especially the second part (since I haven't all that many cases of the first). Not to be discouraging or demoralizing, just pragmatic and realistic, sorry to say.

I'm almost always convinced what will make me happy though and it's always just out of reach at least in my mind.  Usually I'm convinced a certain someone out there will make me happy even though nobody has ever made me happy before.  I scream no matter who it is I see driving up the driveway.

On 6/23/2022 at 1:53 PM, Extremebeginner said:

I would be putting out some feelers for some food as compensation, lol. South Asian food, particularly Indian is so deliciously tasty.......

Unfortunately my family doesn't get along with them 🤷‍♀️

On 6/23/2022 at 7:13 PM, duck said:

Sorry to hear you have to deal with the noise wedding.   I hope the reduce their noise soon.   

They're actually getting louder lol (day 8)... 😬

Feeling lost today. Struggling with narc mom's demands to eat at a certain time..My routines and patterns don't fit with hers but she will shout and pout if I don't tow the line and eat when and what she dictates. It's easy for people to say, just say no, whatever but I have to live with her moods and rage if I don't do as I'm told.

Anyway, I've taken myself out of the house and I'm having a walk. I got some washing done while she was out (she interferes something stupid when she's in) and tidied up a bit...Pretty positive day so far today 🤔