How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Nervous. Going to see someone I haven't seen in a long time..I always feel ashamed when that happens. Anyway, it's to get a bit of support and so hopefully it will do me good. Wish me luck ☘️

3 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning Nightjar!  How are you this morning ?  How’s the English weather ?   

Hey duck! Weather is very nice, not too hot at the moment. I'm a bit nervous about a meeting. How are you doing today?

4 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

still trying to be grateful…is being grateful a habit that needs to be repeated many times before it gets easier…

Is there even anything to be grateful for in the first place? (E.g. sudden financial windfall like winning lottery, or landing an easy yet lucrative job) 

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Nervous. Going to see someone I haven't seen in a long time..I always feel ashamed when that happens. Anyway, it's to get a bit of support and so hopefully it will do me good. Wish me luck ☘️

It just may end up being a lovely time, here's to you having fun

23 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

It just may end up being a lovely time, here's to you having fun

Ha ha. It was, it was fun. I felt loads better afterwards. Ok, I didn't wanna come back to mom's afterwards but at least I had a nice day till then 🤔

How's it goin today surfcaster? 

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Everyone that has ever been in my life has been the same.  The only time they have anything good to say to me is when I'm doing what they want me to do.

Ugh. 

I guess if you did move away he wouldn't have much chance of upsetting you anymore. But, generally speaking, the less you see him, the less he can bother you I guess 🤔

It's amazing how quickly he has upset you since you came back 🤬

7 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Have to pick myself up and force myself to smile again with yet another heavy heart… still trying to be grateful…is being grateful a habit that needs to be repeated many times before it gets easier…

Have you got a journal which you can use to write down things to be grateful about? 

I think if you wrote down there things each day to feel grateful about, you would probably see a difference in your gratitude levels...

Mine for today..

1. I enjoyed meeting an old friend.

2. I didn't let fear stop me from going to town.

3. I enjoyed seeing an old part of town which brought back good memories.

NJ 

Edited by Nightjar

Feeling overwhelmed by hopelessness yet again. Been a rough stretch of late and not really doing well but I am getting worse since I had an “a-ha” moment recently when I realized nothing I do or say will do any good or help me out of this miserable situation (on a number of levels) that I am stuck in. Pretty sure I knew this all along but for some reason recently it hit me hard.

8 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Have to pick myself up and force myself to smile again with yet another heavy heart… still trying to be grateful…is being grateful a habit that needs to be repeated many times before it gets easier…

This is a tough one for me. There are things I should be grateful for and my therapist is always telling me to focus on them. But I just can’t do it…not even sure I am capable of it. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Ugh. 

I guess if you did move away he wouldn't have much chance of upsetting you anymore. But, generally speaking, the less you see him, the less he can bother you I guess 🤔

It's amazing how quickly he has upset you since you came back 🤬

I will move away at some point probably in the next 5 years but I'm not letting him make that decision for me.  I just fell for his bull again.  We always hope next time will be better I think.  Maybe they won't be so bad this time.  Maybe they have good intentions this time.  Somehow they are able to make us believe that over and over and over.  There are no good intentions.  There never will be.  Hopefully I remember that this time.

Edited by sober4life

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

Everyone that has ever been in my life has been the same.  The only time they have anything good to say to me is when I'm doing what they want me to do.

You've just described the whole of humanity in that sentence.

To the "I'm so lonely, nobody wants to talk to me" DF members, READ THAT POST.

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Ha ha. It was, it was fun. I felt loads better afterwards. Ok, I didn't wanna come back to mom's afterwards but at least I had a nice day till then 🤔

How's it goin today surfcaster? 

Been out fishing and enjoying nice weather with a new friend i met near our new house, good day

17 hours ago, duck said:

I was feeling crappy so I went to bed at 8 pm and slept until 1 am.   Now I am wide awake.  This is not good. I hope both of us find some peace soon.  

I've done that on occasion and just treated it as a very early waking up. Not so great early in the day, but then sleep at the regular time comes easily. Best of luck on resetting your schedule!

5 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Feeling overwhelmed by hopelessness yet again. Been a rough stretch of late and not really doing well but I am getting worse since I had an “a-ha” moment recently when I realized nothing I do or say will do any good or help me out of this miserable situation (on a number of levels) that I am stuck in. Pretty sure I knew this all along but for some reason recently it hit me hard.

This sounds more like the second of the terrible triplets, helplessness. Depression lies to me and tells me there is nothing I can do, that nothing will help. When depression abates, I can see that it is a ridiculous lie. But at the time, when it happens, I am totally convinced. And it happens pretty much every day.

A few storms might be severe.  That's all you ever hear here during spring, summer and fall and then there's winter.  Ohio is awful.  In Texas I did not hurt once the whole time.  Then I get back here and the arthritis comes roaring back and I hurt everywhere all the time and you're constantly struggling with allergies here too.  There is no good season here.  I'm sick of this place!

My allergies got a lot better when i moved to the coast and simultaneously started taking asthma medication, as far as the arthritis issues, well, there's no help on that front, besides it's just pain, pain doesn't bother me, i can usually just deal with that unless it stops me from sleeping. 

I agree.  I always push myself all day no matter what.  I don't notice the pain until bedtime.  I'm always worried then because I've never slept well in my life.  It did make me smile today seeing a baby turtle.  I don't think I've ever seen a baby turtle before.🤔

Edited by sober4life

3 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

So I been in real bad pain for 16 days and pain meds were helping a little not much but they haven’t been helping for like 4 or 5 days so yea that’s how am doing

Sorry you are in pain cherry, is there something else docs can do to ease the pain, i know how frustrating it can be, pain caused me to not sleep for weeks which caused me to get in a delerium which put me back in the hospital,  please try something to manage the pain

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

A few storms might be severe.  That's all you ever hear here during spring, summer and fall and then there's winter.  Ohio is awful.  In Texas I did not hurt once the whole time.  Then I get back here and the arthritis comes roaring back and I hurt everywhere all the time and you're constantly struggling with allergies here too.  There is no good season here.  I'm sick of this place!

At least Ohio seems better than NJ, where I lived for a while. The summer was utterly horrendous, the heat and humidity going on and on for weeks at a time. You could touch the air. The winters sucked, too, with snowstorms bringing the roads to a standstill, made even worse by the fact that many of the people that are on the road do not know how to drive. As for the spring and fall, these were just meh.

Anyhow, I hope it's more pleasant in Ohio. You've got the buffer of the whole of PA separating you from NJ, so there's that.

Well another storm knocked out the power here on a 95 degree day for 4 hours so not very pleasant.  It was the fun of going from 95 degrees into a cold front in Ohio.  I have 3 computers now and I swear the only one that didn't go dead was the one that has a dead battery that only works when you plug it in.🤨

4 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Sorry you are in pain cherry, is there something else docs can do to ease the pain, i know how frustrating it can be, pain caused me to not sleep for weeks which caused me to get in a delerium which put me back in the hospital,  please try something to manage the pain

Thank you 

I have a appointment with my doctor and am gonna ask about going to pain management because nothing I have is helping