How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Please don't worry, I didn't mention it to anyone here, you weren't to know 🤷

Good night Nightjar 😀.  Sleep well. 

I just saw my doctor.    Weight 232 lbs or 105 kg.    I need to lose some more weight.    BP 118/70 which I hope is correct.     A1c is 5.7 which is good.   Now I am home and exhausted again.   I can sleep for a year.    

Edited by duck

Just now, duck said:

I just saw my doctor.    Weight 232 lbs or 105 kg.    I need to lose some more weight.    BP 118/70 which I hope is correct.     A1c is 5.7 which is good.   Now I am Hope exhausted again.   I can sleep for a year.    

I used to have BP that low...in that measure, you are doing very well, my friend.

I need to dump off about 25-lbs myself. Problem is, carbs make me "happy." I used to enjoy working out but now it's painful. And, being a polar bear, I sweat too easily. Even in freezing weather I can work up a sweat quickly. I guess I'd do well during an ice age but unfortunately for me (and billions of others), the Earth is warming instead.

On 6/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, duck said:

I am sorry you are feeling very depressed.  I hope this feeling passes and you start feeling better.   I have had similar thoughts in the past.   Hugs 🤗 

Thank you for always providing words of comfort, duck 🙏

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

I used to have BP that low...in that measure, you are doing very well, my friend.

I need to dump off about 25-lbs myself. Problem is, carbs make me "happy." I used to enjoy working out but now it's painful. And, being a polar bear, I sweat too easily. Even in freezing weather I can work up a sweat quickly. I guess I'd do well during an ice age but unfortunately for me (and billions of others), the Earth is warming instead.

I seem to be part of this club as well. Running and weights are more painful than when I was young(er), but rowing on the ergometer is a great alternative. It's entirely up to you how you push yourself there. Even a few minutes of going all out works wonders (but make sure your doctor gives you a clean bill of health beforehand, since you don't want a heart attack or something while doing it).

1 minute ago, anon22ae said:

I seem to be part of this club as well. Running and weights are more painful than when I was young(er), but rowing on the ergometer is a great alternative. It's entirely up to you how you push yourself there. Even a few minutes of going all out works wonders (but make sure your doctor gives you a clean bill of health beforehand, since you don't want a heart attack or something while doing it).

I've got bad arthritis in my elbows and knees. I'm also down to about 40% normal lung capacity--genetic condition and then double pneumonia back in January. I'm lucky though--I'm capable of walking at a reasonable speed again. When I got out of the hospital, walking 15 feet to the bathroom was a task comparable to climbing Mt Everest for me.

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

@Kogent5I'm sorry that you are feeling so depressed as well. Hope you feel better quickly.

Thanks, JD. Sorry to hear about your health problems but glad you're on the mend. I guess we just have to keep on, keepin' on.

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I've got bad arthritis in my elbows and knees. I'm also down to about 40% normal lung capacity--genetic condition and then double pneumonia back in January. I'm lucky though--I'm capable of walking at a reasonable speed again. When I got out of the hospital, walking 15 feet to the bathroom was a task comparable to climbing Mt Everest for me.

Well im glad you are climbing back and are able to walk good again, yeah arthritis sucks, got both my knees, feet and spine but it ain't stopping us though.

8 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Hot as hell on the US east coast today, tomorrow looks to be a nice day though, hope y'all have good day's tomorrow 

What temperature you got over there? Yesterday was hotter than hell here, but that's the UK version 🤔

Worried about our family get-together tomorrow (for Father's Day) because we're meeting at a time earlier than I've been getting up lately. And when I get up at my late usual time, I feel like crap--achy, still tired, anxious. I only get out of bed because I have to take care of my dog. But tomorrow I'll have to get up at least 3 hours earlier than this usual time, be dressed and presentable, and act like a functioning human being when I'll probably be so achy and sleepy. I hate that. I hate that I'm at the point where normal, everyday things that should be fun are hard and cause for me to feel stressed. I'm sick of being so tired, achy, depressed and worried all the time lately. I can't even remember what it's like to not feel this way. Summer always hits me hard, but this year I feel terrible. It's probably a mix of my athritis, being overweight and out of shape (I barely move during the day when I can help it), and being on the depressed side of my bipolar disorder this time of year. I hate that I dread everyday, and that I feel so dependent on my husband. He's working later than usual today and I'm sad about it. I just feel like I'm barely hanging on, and I don't see when I'll get any relief. I wish I could afford therapy or get myself off the couch at night to work out like I used to but neither of those things are happening anytime soon. I just feel hopeless. 

@evalynnI dunno if this helps but in a difficult situation, I will provide myself with an out and/or give myself permission to freak out....I figure family can handle it if I freak out. I also figure that they can handle it if I don't go ..

They just be like, 'meh, well we always said she was nuts.' 

We may aswell use the few advantages we have 😉

Edited by Nightjar

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

What temperature you got over there? Yesterday was hotter than hell here, but that's the UK version 🤔

It was 95 degrees yesterday and 72 degrees today and no humidity with partly sunny skies

1 hour ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Life isn’t okay right now and hasn’t been okay for longer then three weeks a new thing to stress over everyday and pain bad enough to want to go to the hospital 

Seems like we generally stress over the fact we're stressed,  twisted world, please try to do something nice for yourself and relax, maybe meditate or soothing music 

15 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

Seems like we generally stress over the fact we're stressed,  twisted world, please try to do something nice for yourself and relax, maybe meditate or soothing music 

Yea am trying thank you

On 6/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, JD4010 said:

That's great improvement... means your body can still repair itself. Other exercises could help this along. Rowing tends to be suggested as low-impact on the joints for those who find running too damaging, like me. You can still push yourself without too much wear and tear on the cartilage. (My opinion is a bit biased, since I was on the crew team in high school all those eons ago, but I think doctors will generally agree.)

6 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there in DF land

Best wishes also to those wanting to be fathers but unable to, as well to those who loved and lost. Like Mother's Day, today can be a painful reminder.

I don't know whether I'm coming down with something or whether I'm just hormonal, but I feel awful.

I don't have much of an appetite and I've been fighting off tears all day. Honestly, not even the thought of Jane is helping much, if at all. I just want to - actually, I'm not sure what I want.