Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Physical therapy simply is not helping, my shoulder still hurts and the sleepless nights are becoming nightly again, i just don't know what to do now, think I'm quitting therapy

Have they offered you pain meds at all?  Is that something you'd be willing to take if it would help you sleep? 🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am relieved that phase 1 is complete and hopeful about my new house but I'm still stuck with NM and it's still very difficult....I feel like a broken record but what can I do. I need to express myself somewhere 🤷 every encounter with her is a confrontation 😐

Anyway, in house news we're still not up and running yet, it's taking a while for the seller to get a solicitor. I think the agent said it should happen by the end of this week....it's painful in the UK.

...As I keep saying, till the day you actually move, it's not even legally binding 😫

What can you do? We're going to see it again next week and that will be the final time I can see it before moving in. It's like a make sure you want it viewing, I guess and check for snags...but I don't think I'm gonna change my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

So I have a rant I wanted to put on Facebook but realize I can’t so I am gonna post it here hope that’s okay 

Today’s a day where your hurting a friend stabs you in the back and you thinking god dammit son of a bitch am hurting nothing is going right Am dune

I'm sorry that has happened to you. It's happened to me too. Being betrayed by my 'friends' was so painful, I haven't really bothered with people since....

Still, I want to move on now and make some new ones....finally 🌄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Have they offered you pain meds at all?  Is that something you'd be willing to take if it would help you sleep? 🤷

My past history with drug abuse i try to steer clear, i don't think it'd be an issue BUT,  one just doesn't really know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

My past history with drug abuse i try to steer clear, i don't think it'd be an issue BUT,  one just doesn't really know

Yep, it's a tough call I guess. I've personally not had an issue with pain meds and wouldn't think twice. ...I couldn't go there with antidepressants though...I had issues there....I guess I have the opposite issue  to most people 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hit by a car 10 years ago but got away with very minor injuries. If I had known life would be like this, I wish the driver would've finished the job. Probably won't get a chance like that again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kogent5 said:

I was hit by a car 10 years ago but got away with very minor injuries. If I had known life would be like this, I wish the driver would've finished the job. Probably won't get a chance like that again.

I am sorry you are feeling very depressed.  I hope this feeling passes and you start feeling better.   I have had similar thoughts in the past.   Hugs 🤗 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there something in the air today? I became very anxious last night and woke up this morning with the worst depression I've had in months. It's improved enough that I feel like writing now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 6:57 PM, surfcaster said:

Yes calcific tendonitis of the rotator cuff was my diagnosis from just an xray, the more time that goes by the more it feels like the other shoulder that was torn and needed surgery,  only an mri can see that, maybe time to see my ortho instead of general md

Yes, I'd be curious what a specialist would recommend and/or say about stem cell therapy. Radio ads aren't exactly the best source of medical knowledge, despite the glowing testimonials of the supposed "patients" who suffered for years and recovered within weeks after getting their stem cells. Nonetheless, it certainly sounds promising and hopeful if there's any seed of truth to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, John_in_SF said:

Is there something in the air today? I became very anxious last night and woke up this morning with the worst depression I've had in months. It's improved enough that I feel like writing now.

Happy to hear you are feeling better and you posted.  It sucks to wake up feeling depressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having a miserable week. 😭  Disillusioned and disoconnected with work. And growing more frustrated with my living situation…it is hard to live with people who just don’t understand. I have tried to explain things but it is no use. Going to talk about it with my therapist and see if he can help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Having a miserable week. 😭  Disillusioned and disoconnected with work. And growing more frustrated with my living situation…it is hard to live with people who just don’t understand. I have tried to explain things but it is no use. Going to talk about it with my therapist and see if he can help.

it is really hard to explain to people what you feel and go through, it is even harder to explain it to people you don't know too well,  most people think they know what depression and anxiety are but in reality are completely wrong in their thinking,  and when you try to explain the truth of things they don't beleive it, hoping you find a way to make things work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Managed to front it out today for my favourite narc ..

I was in tears this am coz she was making a mockery of my birthday but I pulled myself together to enjoy what I could. She didn't win this time 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning Nightjar 😀

Good morning everyone.  😃  I am missing Sober.  I hope he returns soon.  

Good morning duck (night for me now) I miss sober too.....Think we will be seeing sober again on the 19th or the 20th 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Managed to front it out today for my favourite narc ..

I was in tears this am coz she was making a mockery of my birthday but I pulled myself together to enjoy what I could. She didn't win this time 😁

Was today your birthday? If so im terrible sorry i didn't recognize it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sorry for myself because i enjoyed it, but to those who were hoping i stayed sober I'm terribly sorry, i met an old friend and had a few drinks, maybe more then a few but I'm ok, i never really felt alcohol was a problem but the docs and the hospital did, i can and do go weeks without drinking so i feel im in control  contrary to professional opinion, my issue was always life and family stressors leading to depression and suicide, alcohol was an escape occasionally,  i had fun tonight, please don't see me as weak, i don't want to let y'all down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, surfcaster said:

it is really hard to explain to people what you feel and go through, it is even harder to explain it to people you don't know too well,  most people think they know what depression and anxiety are but in reality are completely wrong in their thinking,  and when you try to explain the truth of things they don't beleive it, 

In general people just do not care. Homo sapiens are indeed a selfish species 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

I'm not sorry for myself because i enjoyed it, but to those who were hoping i stayed sober I'm terribly sorry, i met an old friend and had a few drinks, maybe more then a few but I'm ok, i never really felt alcohol was a problem but the docs and the hospital did, i can and do go weeks without drinking so i feel im in control  contrary to professional opinion, my issue was always life and family stressors leading to depression and suicide, alcohol was an escape occasionally,  i had fun tonight, please don't see me as weak, i don't want to let y'all down

I'm not a professional, but going for weeks without drinking would indeed seem to suggest you're fine on that front. It doesn't sound like you miss it or long for it during those weeks.

I also feel that my assessment is contrary to professional opinion, though it's the other way around: I probably have a problem, despite that the doctor isn't picking it up during the physical. On the other hand, he started giving me a questionnaire to detect alcoholism. I'm more or less truthful on it, yet he only warned me to make sure to keep it under control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I'm not a professional, but going for weeks without drinking would indeed seem to suggest you're fine on that front. It doesn't sound like you miss it or long for it during those weeks.

I also feel that my assessment is contrary to professional opinion, though it's the other way around: I probably have a problem, despite that the doctor isn't picking it up during the physical. On the other hand, he started giving me a questionnaire to detect alcoholism. I'm more or less truthful on it, yet he only warned me to make sure to keep it under control.

Well what i left out was at one time i had a drug abuse problem,  never alcohol but they lump them all together which i disagreement with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did very little today.    Life sucks !   I am not sleeping well which is nothing new to all of you.    I am hoping to get more active but that’s a challenge.   I watched some basketball ball but my interest is not there.  I was supposed to visit a friend but had to cancel at the last minute due to exhaustion.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Managed to front it out today for my favourite narc ..

I was in tears this am coz she was making a mockery of my birthday but I pulled myself together to enjoy what I could. She didn't win this time 😁

Happy belated Birthday Nighjar😀.     I hope you are okay this morning.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, surfcaster said:

it is really hard to explain to people what you feel and go through, it is even harder to explain it to people you don't know too well,  most people think they know what depression and anxiety are but in reality are completely wrong in their thinking,  and when you try to explain the truth of things they don't beleive it, hoping you find a way to make things work.

You are correct!   Most people including doctors and therapists are clueless!   Thanks for pointing that out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...