Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

On 6/7/2022 at 2:57 PM, Extremebeginner said:

Dont know about the USA rules but in Canada you have certain rights before being evicted, timing being one of them. Check you local state rights if you can.

To find new accomodation there are multiple sites, but you might be best doing a general search online and see what comes up. We have a local rental agency where they list what they have and at what prices. Not short term stuff, long term..... Good luck

 

This is the USA, we don't have human rights here... at least not when it comes to housing. Check out all the pictures of people's belongings piled up outside the house from which they just got evicted. Rain or shine, it'll happen if you don't pay up, no matter what reasons you present.

I'm looking for a cheap place somewhere remote (had enough apartment living to last multiple lifetimes). Just wondering about all the ways people use nowadays to find their "perfect" place (Zillow, Redfin, or just calling up a realtor who'll keep you up to date on any listings you might like?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*sigh*

You can always tell the ones who have never ventured outside of America who decry the horrors of the Great Experiment.

Go spend some time in Asia, the Middle East or Africa and then get back to me on the American violations of human rights. Take a trip to South America or Europe and refresh me on what civil rights are. The pursuit of life, liberty and happiness is not a guaranty but only an opportunity. You have to apply the elbow-grease to the machinery to make YOUR dreams a reality. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Thankyou..how are things? Are you feeling more settled and is that helping you in general? 🤔

Yes, having moved in has erased a great deal of anxiety and suicidal ideation,  being extremely busy building in the shed and getting the house in order has kept my mind busy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frankensense said:

*sigh*

You can always tell the ones who have never ventured outside of America who decry the horrors of the Great Experiment.

Go spend some time in Asia, the Middle East or Africa and then get back to me on the American violations of human rights. Take a trip to South America or Europe and refresh me on what civil rights are. The pursuit of life, liberty and happiness is not a guaranty but only an opportunity. You have to apply the elbow-grease to the machinery to make YOUR dreams a reality. 

 

WHAT, I have to work for it, it's not just because?

LOL, just kidding. I agree with you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, watalife said:

I feel like things are getting really bad and they could get worse but usually, things turn around and get back to normal. The world is getting bigger and meaner and it wants us bottom folk to be extinguished.

I may have tried to go out of this world by my own hand previously,  but nows different,  i WON'T go without a fight, blood will be shed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, watalife said:

I feel like things are getting really bad and they could get worse but usually, things turn around and get back to normal. The world is getting bigger and meaner and it wants us bottom folk to be extinguished.

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch.  We are here for you.  HUGS 🤗 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So effed off with being with narc mom so much.

I hate it so much sometimes I'll do anything to avoid her including going out and eating a load of junk, rather than trying to cook/eat here.

I also avoid the shower sometimes so that I won't cross paths with her. Every 5 minutes she is in my room and badgering me about something or other, trying to run every aspect of my life.

Even when I'm exhausted I have to go out to get some peace or get some headspace to concentrate on something. Trying to concentrate on figures in admin etc when I'm sleep deprived and constantly interrupted has been really effing difficult. When narc sis is here it's extra specially difficult because she does the same thing.

I don't know how I've ever got anything done in this environment....When I was young she would mostly ignore me which was great but now, she will not leave me alone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ahh, it's so quiet without sober here today....Anyway, folks, so, I kinda had an offer accepted to buy a house and you all know how desperate I am to leave here.....It's in my second best location and is a decent house....but it's not the dream location or dream house which I went to see yesterday...

Don't get me wrong, my dream house is very modest, it's just in my most favourite place...I offered on it but won't hear back till early next week..

Thing is, all signs are pointing to the housing market slowing which should (in theory) make my dream house easier to buy if I fail this time and wait longer...Do I wait another six months for another stab at it and continue with this trauma to follow my dreams or go for it now and escape ASAP with a decent enough house and area so that I can move on sooner and start to heal from this mess? 

FYI I am so, so tired of all this.

What you think guys? All advice appreciated 🤪

 

Edited by Nightjar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

You are on phase 2 of your journey to breathing freely, don’t let go of your target, then these unwanted interruptions in your way of doing life will be moving out of your mainstream day. You will enjoy the freedom!

Ain't that the truth 🤪 So frustrated with having someone messing with my life....She is so controlling around food and I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here. Guess it could be worse, could be 20 🤷 Gotta think positive.

How is your day going EB? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My day is going ok, I managed to get somebody else to do one of the jobs I was supposed to take care of. He was nice and enthusiastic and that takes some pressure of me, all good. I am home now but getting all anxious again for no particular reason, wish I could just let things go….. or sleep some extra hours to be more energetic…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Ahh, it's so quiet without sober here today....Anyway, folks, so, I kinda had an offer accepted to buy a house and you all know how desperate I am to leave here.....It's in my second best location and is a decent house....but it's not the dream location or dream house which I went to see yesterday...

Don't get me wrong, my dream house is very modest, it's just in my most favourite place...I offered on it but won't hear back till early next week..

Thing is, all signs are pointing to the housing market slowing which should (in theory) make my dream house easier to buy if I fail this time and wait longer...Do I wait another six months for another stab at it and continue with this trauma to follow my dreams or go for it now and escape ASAP with a decent enough house and area so that I can move on sooner and start to heal from this mess? 

FYI I am so, so tired of all this.

What you think guys? All advice appreciated 🤪

 

See what happens with your offer on your favourite location. Location is big on my shopping list I know…. Will you be comfortable in the place you have offered on, without regrets you cannot accept. 
If either place is acceptable then you have no worries, otherwise holding out might be good, if you can stand your day to day living situation much more. Can you turn off to the interruption’s knowing you are out soon, or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nightjar said:

So effed off with being with narc mom so much.

I hate it so much sometimes I'll do anything to avoid her including going out and eating a load of junk, rather than trying to cook/eat here.

I also avoid the shower sometimes so that I won't cross paths with her. Every 5 minutes she is in my room and badgering me about something or other, trying to run every aspect of my life.

Even when I'm exhausted I have to go out to get some peace or get some headspace to concentrate on something. Trying to concentrate on figures in admin etc when I'm sleep deprived and constantly interrupted has been really effing difficult. When narc sis is here it's extra specially difficult because she does the same thing.

I don't know how I've ever got anything done in this environment....When I was young she would mostly ignore me which was great but now, she will not leave me alone.

 

Sometimes you just have to pop a lid and s

Put them in rheir place, and you know what. It feels good too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

I am home now but getting all anxious again for no particular reason, wish I could just let things go….. or sleep some extra hours to be more energetic…

Yeah, I hear that, especially the sleep part...Sounds like you had a similar day to me, half pretty good, half pretty bad...Still, I don't mind a day too much if it's half good 🤔

Wishing you luck for a less anxious day tomorrow 🍀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Ahh, it's so quiet without sober here today....Anyway, folks, so, I kinda had an offer accepted to buy a house and you all know how desperate I am to leave here.....It's in my second best location and is a decent house....but it's not the dream location or dream house which I went to see yesterday...

Don't get me wrong, my dream house is very modest, it's just in my most favourite place...I offered on it but won't hear back till early next week..

Thing is, all signs are pointing to the housing market slowing which should (in theory) make my dream house easier to buy if I fail this time and wait longer...Do I wait another six months for another stab at it and continue with this trauma to follow my dreams or go for it now and escape ASAP with a decent enough house and area so that I can move on sooner and start to heal from this mess? 

FYI I am so, so tired of all this.

What you think guys? All advice appreciated 🤪

 

Can you drag the accepted offer out until you hear on the dream house, in the states you can back out of an offer up until you sign, idk, getting out has it's great points, but in the end where will you be happiest, is waiting on the dream house worth the gamble. Me, I'd gamble but that's me, anyway YAY, so happy things are looking good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

Can you drag the accepted offer out until you hear on the dream house, in the states you can back out of an offer up until you sign, idk, getting out has it's great points, but in the end where will you be happiest, is waiting on the dream house worth the gamble. Me, I'd gamble but that's me, anyway YAY, so happy things are looking good

Yeah, I'm dragging it along so far....

Will find out about dream house soon enough I think 🤔 

I definitely hear what you and EB are saying... I'm gonna ponder over the weekend and hopefully get closer to a decision..

Me:

Gets house I've got: meh.

Gets dream house: ✨🥳🍀🌞🌈🚀

Don't know if I can handle wanting to scream every day for 6-8 months though.....

🤔🤔🤔

Nite all 👋🙋🏼‍♀️

Edited by Nightjar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I feel like the guy who was down on his luck and stopped by St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC to seek solace and inspiration, but instead found a severed human thumb.

That would be rather startling. Yikes.

Maybe I can pick up some of the slack while our Sober is on radio silence. I can try anyway.  I used to be in the forum much more frequently but tapered off when I was given the bum's rush out the back door at my last job.

If it weren't for Sober, I would probably not be alive now. He and I traveled down the path of sobriety together and he was a true inspiration. Still is. I'm so happy to have the monkey off my back. It's been over four years now. Some of my health returned slowly after I climbed out of the bottle. I would have been a goner otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DoorDash delivered my food to the wrong house so I went to get it and now I'm worried that I'm gonna get accused of being a porch pirate...I left a note under an Amazon box that was also there but what if someone steals the Amazon box and then blames me...

I'm genuinely worried I might get charged with a crime for this. I Googled it after and it said it's considered illegal trespassing even if the items are yours. Dear Lord...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Kogent5 said:

DoorDash delivered my food to the wrong house so I went to get it and now I'm worried that I'm gonna get accused of being a porch pirate...I left a note under an Amazon box that was also there but what if someone steals the Amazon box and then blames me...

I'm genuinely worried I might get charged with a crime for this. I Googled it after and it said it's considered illegal trespassing even if the items are yours. Dear Lord...

Phone Doordash and tell them what happened.  I hope they can straighten things out.  
happy eating 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am having breakfast at 8 pm my time.  My sleep schedule is backwards!   I am exhausted all the time.  I am sick of this.   
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Thing is, all signs are pointing to the housing market slowing which should (in theory) make my dream house easier to buy if I fail this time and wait longer...Do I wait another six months for another stab at it and continue with this trauma to follow my dreams or go for it now and escape ASAP with a decent enough house and area so that I can move on sooner and start to heal from this mess? 

FYI I am so, so tired of all this.

What you think guys? All advice appreciated 

 

Unfortunately not having a job may become your disadvantage. What's dream house to you may be also dream house to others, but because they have jobs, they've years of saved salaries/bonuses to outbid you.

You may have to settle for a less-than-dream house…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, duck said:

I am having breakfast at 8 pm my time.  My sleep schedule is backwards!   I am exhausted all the time.  I am sick of this.   
 

Ugh, that sucks. I've been going through it with the sleep issues too. Hugs :hugs:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...