How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

10 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Back in the old timey caveman days, we had to forage and hunt for food. That was probably about it. Oh, and reproduce of course. Maybe making fine point arrow and spear heads was kind of a hobby (a useful one)...compare your own work to Ogg's and try something different next time if yours sucked.

You'd be lucky to make it to 45 years old though. A simple infection could cool you for good. I saw a pic of this old skull where a tooth abscess had worked its way into the bone, all the way up to the eye socket. All I could think of was how much agony that person was in--probably for a very long time.

45 sounds good.  I would only have to be in this hellhole for another couple of years.  I remember back when my health starting failing the doctor said I'd probably make it another 5 years if I kept living the way I was so I was 38 then and 43 now.  I think if I found out for sure I was going to die this year it would be the first time I had a real smile in my life.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

45 sounds good.  I would only have to be in this hellhole for another couple of years.  I remember back when my health starting failing the doctor said I'd probably make it another 5 years if I kept living the way I was so I was 38 then and 43 now.  I think if I found out for sure I was going to die this year it would be the first time I had a real smile in my life.

I hear that 🤔

5 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Roomie out for the day, good . 
speaking with your kids , awesome. You should be happy, own the moment and hopefully it’s a sign of better things coming your way. 🤗 

Yea I hope so 😁yesterday was a really good day

On 6/5/2022 at 11:50 AM, sober4life said:

Well I have a problem doing everything.  There is no easy thing but we might be able to help you if you tell us what's going on.

I am avoiding the doctor…I have cancelled/rescheduled the appt so many times that I have reached the point that their system will make me inactive and will not get my meds (they aren’t anxiety meds) filled any longer. I don’t want to go/can’t face going for a host of reasons…most of them personal but anxiety is definitely a part of it.

I have been speaking with my therapist recently about starting anxiety/depression meds and I am going to try and use that as an excuse. I am very much struggling with my mental health right now and really do not think I can handle the appt. They aren’t the most friendly there and they stick you in a hot and tiny room with no windows. And they make you see everyone other than your actual provider. 

One thing I am willing to do though is a virtual appt, that is what I do for my therapy sessions. I can at least somewhat control more of how it goes that way.  Plus, no weigh in or uncomfortable prodding.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:55 AM, Extremebeginner said:

Well if you have to do it break it down into sections that you can feel comfortable doing and do it like that. If that’s possible. Otherwise you may have little choose but to do your best and get it done. Ask for help if you can and don’t rush it, don’t get overwhelmed. Hugs and luck

Thanks. I am going to speak with them and try my best to come up with another way. They aren’t always the nicest though. And my therapist did let me know of another option I wasn’t aware of in the worst case scenario. I am just also mad at myself for avoiding both this and other things for way longer than I should have. If some of those other things were dealt with, I might have been able to handle this. 

Also, this is where a friend, acquaintance or trusted individual would come in handle. Someone who would not be judgemental or unhelpful. I appreciate my therapist spending time discussing it with me but I need more…someone in real life. Don’t have that and it makes the situation all the more frustrating.

So I got more good news my therapist called and she told me a skill to try and I talk to her Monday for two hours there’s paperwork to do she said it won’t take long she just wanted more time to talk to me 😁

I just want to say a big thank you to you guys. Today was a big milestone for me and it was so hard to get here, sometimes torturous..

You have no idea how much you've helped me with your gentle encourage ment every day. You have never judged me here and it's helped me so much.

🌟THANKYOU 🌟

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey guys, Escape from Alcatraz phase 1 is complete 🥳✨

House is sold and emptied ✊

Am immediately working on phase 2 so that I am completely Alcatraz free 🤣

Awesome,  step 1 as planned, now step 2 the final step will go smoothly,  i hope

2 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

So I got more good news my therapist called and she told me a skill to try and I talk to her Monday for two hours there’s paperwork to do she said it won’t take long she just wanted more time to talk to me 😁

Awesome,  maybe things are looking up

6 hours ago, watalife said:

Well I have a headache, I'm hungry, I have other aches, and my cat just bit me so not great

Did you eat yet so that your headache can subside, are they related. Don't spank the cat they don't understand, just be 'offish' with him /her for a while and reward the next good behaviour..... Cats are awesome. Take a nice hot shower for the other aches or chill with a glass of water and a movie.

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I just want to say a big thank you to you guys. Today was a big milestone for me and it was so hard to get here, sometimes torturous..

You have no idea how much you've helped me with your gentle encourage ment every day. You have never judged me here and it's helped me so much.

🌟THANKYOU 🌟

You did the hardwork, pat on the back and hugs galore. We can achieve when we do things one step at a time..... this was a big step, a milestone.....

Feeling sore, necessity has a great way of doing that. Needed to move a yard of crushed stone to the back of the house and decided today was the day...... It started good then rained so I came in still with some motivation so painted another two walls of my living room. Should be finished by Christmas. Finished my rocks and now I am anxious as crazy for no reason. Sucks, I'm trying to avoid taking a pill but may have to concede

6 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

Feeling sore, necessity has a great way of doing that. Needed to move a yard of crushed stone to the back of the house and decided today was the day...... It started good then rained so I came in still with some motivation so painted another two walls of my living room. Should be finished by Christmas. Finished my rocks and now I am anxious as crazy for no reason. Sucks, I'm trying to avoid taking a pill but may have to concede

I've done the same thing here.  Moving rocks is a great workout and it gets the adrenaline running full tilt so it takes a while for the adrenaline to wear off so you can calm down.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I've done the same thing here.  Moving rocks is a great workout and it gets the adrenaline running full tilt so it takes a while for the adrenaline to wear off so you can calm down.

I'm listening to Classical music to try and soothe my mind and soul. If I can chill or meditate I know I can avoid the pill....... Trouble is the pill is so easy to make it all right but they are an addiction if you let it. Fighting through this one cuz there is no real reason to be anxious.

Need to find a place to live pronto. Looks like they might kick me out sooner than expected, or at least that's what I gather when they ask to enter the house and measure this or that for unspecified purposes.

Are Zillow and Redfin the go-to sites where one would expect most listings to be placed? Or are there other sources where I could miss something good if I don't look? I realized I'm out of touch with the "modern" ways of real estate, so if any of you have helpful tips...

Dont know about the USA rules but in Canada you have certain rights before being evicted, timing being one of them. Check you local state rights if you can.

To find new accomodation there are multiple sites, but you might be best doing a general search online and see what comes up. We have a local rental agency where they list what they have and at what prices. Not short term stuff, long term..... Good luck

3 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

They are 😁got a lot of good news

Theres nothing like good news and things moving in a positive direction to brighten the dark spaces we find ourselves in, I'm happy for you

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

🌟THANKYOU 🌟

DF should start a company to hire us DFers, we get actual support/help here unlike real-life workplaces where you'll get none

13 hours ago, sober4life said:

I honestly didn't think I'd make it past 35. But somehow the universe kept dragging me along and I'm now 62. My health sucks in general but I can still get around. There are many times when I wish I'd just snuff it...humanity and existence in general would be better without me. However, I am my (blind) daughter's chauffeur and I have two rescue kitties who depend on me.

Guess I'll stick around a bit longer.

26 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

Theres nothing like good news and things moving in a positive direction to brighten the dark spaces we find ourselves in, I'm happy for you

Thanks 😁

i hope ur doing good 

All i can say is, colonoscopy prep last night and this morning  sucked, all done now with a clean bill of health and back to whatever my normal at the moment seems to be, so yay, i guess