How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Posted (edited)

Hey gang, today's not so bad though sleep was pretty awful last night after my angry motor got running yesterday. I was miserable.

I've been bit tired but busy and busy is usually helpful to my mood. Lots of bits n bobs to sort for the moving deadline (7th June).

Just one more mow. Lol. Started looking for houses again and going to see one on Monday. I don't think it will be long now and I'll get one 🤞😄

Edited by Nightjar

6 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Wow, love it 😍😍😍

Yeah the only neighbor I ever really see is just like me.  I saw her today.  We both had the same oh no look and we head for the door.  I've been here what 5 years and I don't have any idea what her name is.

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

Nobody will ever make you mow your yard here in a place like this.  Two of my neighbors haven't mowed yet.  It's common around here for someone to say the hell with the yard and sometimes mow it with a brush hog or some other type of field and brush mower a couple times a year.  There aren't any rules here.  None.  You will never get a complaining neighbor in this setting.

That sounds like my kind of place. Around here, I was wondering what would happen if I told the complaining neighbor something like "If I mow my lawn, where would I set up my sniper nest?" Most likely, they would call the SWAT team on me...

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yep, yep.... I've got a system which works for me now though....I leave wild patches for the insects 👍 so it's good for them and good for me... 😁

I also only mow the rest of it once a month which is a win win for all concerned 🙂

Sounds like you have no perfectionist neighbors who constantly worry about local property values and attracting the right "element." They're worried for nothing, though, since this area is full of grossly overpaid tech workers more than willing to overpay grossly for anything. Maybe this will change if this bubble ever deflates enough, but I'm not holding my breath.

Goats or sheep are the answer, then the neighbours can only complain about the smell and crap, so they will wish the lawn was left longer, lol. We strive to have beautiful grass because that's how we think the neighbours judge us. Reality check is that it doesn't do anything except load us with more tasks to do, which could be achievements or unfinished work depending how you look at it. my grass is nice but inside, oh dear....

hugs to all whether you have grass or not!

2 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Goats or sheep are the answer, then the neighbours can only complain about the smell and crap, so they will wish the lawn was left longer, lol. We strive to have beautiful grass because that's how we think the neighbours judge us. Reality check is that it doesn't do anything except load us with more tasks to do, which could be achievements or unfinished work depending how you look at it. my grass is nice but inside, oh dear....

hugs to all whether you have grass or not!

If I use the goats and sheep way people will still come here.  If I leave the grass high the yard will be loaded with copperheads and rattlesnakes because the place will be loaded with rodents.  So they won't be coming here.😃

Its midnight, today was the first good day in a long time, spent time hanging by the bay, installed 2 ceiling fans, much needed, hung out with neighbors outside by tiki torch light, feel hopeful,  goodnight friends

5 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Its midnight, today was the first good day in a long time, spent time hanging by the bay, installed 2 ceiling fans, much needed, hung out with neighbors outside by tiki torch light, feel hopeful,  goodnight friends

Result.

Goodnight surfcaster 🌛

11 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Sounds like you have no perfectionist neighbors who constantly worry about local property values and attracting the right "element." They're worried for nothing, though, since this area is full of grossly overpaid tech workers more than willing to overpay grossly for anything. Maybe this will change if this bubble ever deflates enough, but I'm not holding my breath.

We do have that pressure believe me...The front is cropped to perfection.. I keep my wild experiment to the back where people are happier to turn a blind eye 😉

The pressure is ridiculous. It's bad for us and bad for the environment 😡

Posted (edited)

Underneath it all ..the anger, anxiety, hope and despair, there is great loneliness and sadness. This is what I'm feeling today 😔

Currently feeling like I have no life whatsoever aswell. 

Edited by Nightjar

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Underneath it all ..the anger, anxiety, hope and despair, there is great loneliness and sadness. This is what I'm feeling today 😔

I feel the same way.  I bet the huge spider I just saw here would make you smile.  The things around here that are scary are scary because you're just living your life and then all of the sudden oh no it's a huge spider or huge snake right in front of you!  I swear the wolf spider was the size of my hand!

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Your peace will come when you are away from the triggers at moms and you're on your own, at least that's what should happen 

So far so good today, didn't sleep at all, shoulder in pain but that was expected as we work on healing it, but sunny and 80 degrees with a light breeze on the bay, beach party later.

Feeling dazed and confused.  Listening to music I love, but cannot seem to find the right music to inspire the writing of my novel.  I have a lot of pages and words, but need to add a few scenes, characters and just can't seem to do it.  I wrote a nonfiction book a few years ago which was easily inspirable because it was a travelogue of sorts, about the shift in spirit that comes with the connection to nature.  (The stars of the book were places out west, which I long to see again . . .  🚗 )  Hell's bells . . . 

49 minutes ago, womanofthelight said:

Feeling dazed and confused.  Listening to music I love, but cannot seem to find the right music to inspire the writing of my novel.  I have a lot of pages and words, but need to add a few scenes, characters and just can't seem to do it.  I wrote a nonfiction book a few years ago which was easily inspirable because it was a travelogue of sorts, about the shift in spirit that comes with the connection to nature.  (The stars of the book were places out west, which I long to see again . . .  🚗 )  Hell's bells . . . 

I recently started writing again because I came across this AI writing app. If I get stuck, I let the app write something (you can edit it afterwards if you're iffy on the idea of something else writing for you, but it doesn't matter for me since my stuff isn't publishable). It's fun, kinda like having another person to bounce off ideas. Often the stuff it comes up with is nonsensical but will trigger a light switch in my head. The app I use is Dreamily but I know there's a few others like AIDungeon or NovelAI.

I watch walking videos on youtube to "transport" myself to places around the world (I like a channel called Rambalac because they do a lot of Japan walking vids).

Beach party idea was great, right up until i realized there were hundreds of people there, i did ok but anxious through the roof. Guess i just aint ready for that yet,  and not being able to drink made it weird, but i did it sober, live band was good so i just focused on that

I hate being in between jobs. I’m still on this contract job and many staff here is on contract and one by one they are leaving to find permanent jobs and I’m supposed to do that too I guess cos my contract will end one day but I don’t have the energy do that job searching all over again :no:

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

She’s making me go crazy

Sorry to hear that. I can identify -- used to have a roommate who snored virtually every night. I don't know how I ever managed to fall asleep.

Come to think of it, every single one of my school roommates snored. At least with the last couple, I had a separate bedroom all to myself. However, I could still hear them through the wall, which was almost as bad as sleeping in the same room.

Anyhow, I hope you find some way to make things better with your roommate!

Edited by anon22ae

20 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Beach party idea was great, right up until i realized there were hundreds of people there, i did ok but anxious through the roof. Guess i just aint ready for that yet,  and not being able to drink made it weird, but i did it sober, live band was good so i just focused on that

I know how you feel.  I had to go to a big party today too.  How do I do it sober?  I find the pet.  There was a great dog there today.  I'm not sure who was at the party though and don't really care.

On 5/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, Extremebeginner said:

hey @duck 

Much damage after your storm, hope not. We just had 5 days without power from last weekends storm in Quebec, and there are people who may noy get it back for another two weeks. Sucks big time

Yeah huge storm. I killed 11 people and caused billions of dollars in damage.