How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I can sit here all day with my phone right next to me and not a peep from it, but the very first time i have no idea where it is someone tries to call me and it hangs up by the time i get to it, why is that, just a modern wonder.

Around here houses are infested with stink bugs and lady bugs about 6 months out of the year.  Right now I'm sitting here listening to the frogs in the creek.  Mom used to love frogs.  I put my phone in the other room across the house hoping I won't hear it half the time or I'll be too lazy to get up and answer it.  I have no desire to talk on it.  I have it to keep people from coming here.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, nelly42 said:

Feel like crap.  I have been battling depression on and off for many years. Right now its ON!  I think my meds dont work anymore. My husband and I are separating. Probably for the best, havent been happy with eachother in a long time. I thank God for my daughter, she is 16 and she is the most beautiful soul.  she trys to help me.  I feel like I am failing her. I am just trying to find a starting point so I can climb out of this hole.  

Welcome to the forum!  Sorry to hear you are battling depression. 

11 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I may work from home and not leave the houses much but I still do have a daily routine. Today my routine is thrown off and I can feel my OCD and anxiety increasing. And of course it would have to happen on a Saturday as that is the one day per week when I feel somewhat decent.

Oh Dear!  OCD and anxiety sucks!   Hopefully tomorrow is better. 

Yeah I was planning on resting today.  I actually believed it last night too.  After all of these years I believed I would be able to rest on an 85 degree day.  Bipolar disorder feels like being the incredible hulk.

21 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I was planning on resting today.  I actually believed it last night too.  After all of these years I believed I would be able to rest on an 85 degree day.  Bipolar disorder feels like being the incredible hulk.

Yeah, it's hot here also, but im ok with it, although in august im probably gonna be saying i cant wait for fall

2 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Yeah, it's hot here also, but im ok with it, although in august im probably gonna be saying i cant wait for fall

It was nice today I mowed and the neighbors mowed for the first time too.  I don't really like them but the first mowing day the dog seems very happy every year running and playing out there all day.  I love that dog.❤️

I thought I was doing ok but when I sat down to rest awhile after doing chores, I immediately started crying. Out of the blue for me, definitely did not feel it coming. I figure maybe I need to cry and I'm going with it.

Hope everyone is doing as well as possible. 

I feel okay. I woke up really late, which I feel like I should scold myself for, but in the end it makes for a shorter day which I like. My dog is quiety sleeping beside me and  I have a cup of coffee and a book to read so things could definitely be worse. 

20 minutes ago, SummerinBerlin said:

I thought I was doing ok but when I sat down to rest awhile after doing chores, I immediately started crying. Out of the blue for me, definitely did not feel it coming. I figure maybe I need to cry and I'm going with it.

Yup that sucks when you get the shocker out of the blue. I think ourminds just say hey, hold on, not so happy there! Cry it out, thats ok too, imagine the tears as the bad leaving…..

i hope Im doing ok today

I have been trying to build a small deck at the back of the house but have been stumped by anxiety and depression and in particular a row of bolts I had to install. Well I installed 9 out of the thirteen required so I am feeling pleased with my effort today. Goes without saying that Im picking on myself for not finishing them all…….

39 minutes ago, SummerinBerlin said:

The same thing happened to me recently.  I was getting my haircut and had to get up and run to the bathroom.  I didn't want to cry in front of them.  Strangely most of the times I cry are out of the blue without warning.  I think I stuff everything down and try to put a show on for everyone around me all the time and eventually it gets to a point where I can't take it anymore and I cry or yell at someone for no reason.  The longer I have to pretend the worse things are when I finally can't take it anymore.

Looking into places to move to, preferably remote in the country, but it's discouraging. A few years ago, I remember how 2's and 3's got you a mansion, as in $200-$300K. Now they don't even get you a hovel, assuming one is available anywhere realistic.

I know some here are also looking and may have even found something, so congrats if you did. I don't know whether this bubble will pop or mushroom.

1 hour ago, Extremebeginner said:

Yup that sucks when you get the shocker out of the blue. I think ourminds just say hey, hold on, not so happy there! Cry it out, thats ok too, imagine the tears as the bad leaving…..

i hope Im doing ok today

Thank you

2 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I have been trying to build a small deck at the back of the house but have been stumped by anxiety and depression and in particular a row of bolts I had to install. Well I installed 9 out of the thirteen required so I am feeling pleased with my effort today. Goes without saying that Im picking on myself for not finishing them all…….

I've noticed those long bolts on my decks.  I wouldn't have any idea how to put them in.  It would be awful putting them in by hand.  Surely they make a power tool to make them go in quicker.  I stepped on one of the steps of my back deck and broke part of it off.  I just won't use those steps anymore.  Part of me wants to let all of the decks rot and just put a ladder out there to one of the doors.  It would be funny seeing the looks on people's faces when they climbed the ladder to get in here.

3 hours ago, evalynn said:

I feel okay. I woke up really late, which I feel like I should scold myself for, but in the end it makes for a shorter day which I like. My dog is quiety sleeping beside me and  I have a cup of coffee and a book to read so things could definitely be worse. 

That sounds like a peaceful day

2 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Looking into places to move to, preferably remote in the country, but it's discouraging. A few years ago, I remember how 2's and 3's got you a mansion, as in $200-$300K. Now they don't even get you a hovel, assuming one is available anywhere realistic.

I know some here are also looking and may have even found something, so congrats if you did. I don't know whether this bubble will pop or mushroom.

The bubble is popping according to my real-estate friend