How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

On 4/20/2022 at 9:11 AM, sober4life said:

I bought a rabbit decoration today because I felt sorry for the rabbit because nobody cares about her anymore now that Easter is over!  I said that to the cashier as I was buying it crying the whole time.  That sums up how much of a mess I usually am.

I can understand that... it was always sad to see the "dead Santas" in the dumpster area after Christmas was over with, along with the discarded Christmas trees and all. For some reason, there's extra potency associated with the notion of uselessness or being thrown out after someone is done with you.

50 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

I can understand that... it was always sad to see the "dead Santas" in the dumpster area after Christmas was over with, along with the discarded Christmas trees and all. For some reason, there's extra potency associated with the notion of uselessness or being thrown out after someone is done with you.

It is that.  I can relate because I feel like the world has thrown me away this whole life as well.  That and I love animals.  Today I took off the tarp on the air conditioner outside and there were tons of poisonous spiders inside the tarp.  Most people would scream and run away.  Me I had to make sure all the spiders got out safely before I took the tarp inside.🤭🤣🤦‍♀️

5 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Thanks.  My therapist thinks I need to somehow about approach my boss about returning to the office for at least a few days. I am not sure if and how I can do this since my boss is uh, rather difficult to deal with at times but I think I need to at least give it shot at some point. Doing a hybrid schedule would not solve my issues by a longshot but I think it would help my motivation some and give me more of a routine which also would be helpful for me.

Good on you for being willing to approach your boss

Not surprised. Long story short, family member complains on and on about favorite topic. This person cannot be redirected and I was "trapped " in a car. This person knows I have a visible injury but not once ask how it happened, did it hurt, NOTHING. Luckily this person's spouse, who arrived later, showed concern and asked questions. I know this person won't change and I no longer take it personally. It is a good reminder to me to not be a total complainer and to care/ show interest in others.

Unsurprisingly, a rough night's sleep after all of the drama and excitement of yesterday. That's the story every time I have a viewing, go through the agonising decision making process and get my hopes up/dashed. 

One good thing was that I didn't get any family members involved in it. It wouldn't have ended well. We had enough of an altercation already 🙄

Anyway, hoping for a peaceful day. Have a good one everybody 😘

13 hours ago, SummerinBerlin said:

Not surprised. Long story short, family member complains on and on about favorite topic. This person cannot be redirected and I was "trapped " in a car. This person knows I have a visible injury but not once ask how it happened, did it hurt, NOTHING. Luckily this person's spouse, who arrived later, showed concern and asked questions. I know this person won't change and I no longer take it personally. It is a good reminder to me to not be a total complainer and to care/ show interest in others.

Yeah I know someone like that.  It's all about them.  They actually get upset when even the dog is sick because it takes the attention off of them.  I hope you get your injury taken care of and get healthy again.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I know someone like that.  It's all about them.  They actually get upset when even the dog is sick because it takes the attention off of them.  I hope you get your injury taken care of and get healthy again.

Ugh, that's sick. 

Thanks, I've been to the Dr.

Feel like crap.  I have been battling depression on and off for many years. Right now its ON!  I think my meds dont work anymore. My husband and I are separating. Probably for the best, havent been happy with eachother in a long time. I thank God for my daughter, she is 16 and she is the most beautiful soul.  she trys to help me.  I feel like I am failing her. I am just trying to find a starting point so I can climb out of this hole.  

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's terrible out there for allergies right now.  Why is it every year I say I can't wait until spring completely forgetting all about this nightmare?

Argh, sorry to hear you've got allergies sober. We call it hay-fever over here 🤔 I get it from a certain kind of tree. It doesn't happen often and I don't know what tree it is, I just know that a tree is the trigger. It gets intense sometimes. 

21 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Nightjar, most older people have diminished hearing, if you like it that much it sounds like it's a good fit for you, like sober4life said, live your life

@surfcaster,

I love that quote you have by Robin Williams.

1 hour ago, nelly42 said:

Feel like crap.  I have been battling depression on and off for many years. Right now its ON!  I think my meds dont work anymore. My husband and I are separating. Probably for the best, havent been happy with eachother in a long time. I thank God for my daughter, she is 16 and she is the most beautiful soul.  she trys to help me.  I feel like I am failing her. I am just trying to find a starting point so I can climb out of this hole.  

Sorry you're feeling like crap. Even if the separation ends up to be a good thing, it's gotta be stressful at first. Are you able to try other meds or therapy? So glad you have your daughter. Sounds like a very loving relationship. None of us are perfect, don't put that pressure on yourself. Keep doing the best you can, day by day. Sending a hug. 

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Argh, sorry to hear you've got allergies sober. We call it hay-fever over here 🤔 I get it from a certain kind of tree. It doesn't happen often and I don't know what tree it is, I just know that a tree is the trigger. It gets intense sometimes. 

I can stand out there and not touch anything and I start itching.😒

I may work from home and not leave the houses much but I still do have a daily routine. Today my routine is thrown off and I can feel my OCD and anxiety increasing. And of course it would have to happen on a Saturday as that is the one day per week when I feel somewhat decent.

3 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I may work from home and not leave the houses much but I still do have a daily routine. Today my routine is thrown off and I can feel my OCD and anxiety increasing. And of course it would have to happen on a Saturday as that is the one day per week when I feel somewhat decent.

Sorry your schedule got out of whack. Such a shame on your day off. I hope you can make it through the day without too much OCD and anxiety and that tomorrow's better.