How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Tired. Cornered. Losing hope 😔

Don't give up.  I know how you feel.  I've been putting everything I have into getting the life I want lately.  The stress is ******* me.  I just keep thinking all the work we've put into this has to be for something.  Something good has to be coming for us.  I have faith in that.  I'm just so sick of this life being so hard.😢

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Don't give up.  I know how you feel.  I've been putting everything I have into getting the life I want lately.  The stress is ******* me.  I just keep thinking all the work we've put into this has to be for something.  Something good has to be coming for us.  I have faith in that.  I'm just so sick of this life being so hard.😢

I'm not giving up. I'm like you, bloody minded 😂😉

I do believe its all for something but sometimes it's hard 🤦‍♀️ It's nice that we have each other. 

1 hour ago, monicott17 said:

Having a rough time today.  Feeling really sad and lonely. Work continues to pile up and is getting more difficult to deal with each passing day. 

Sorry today is a rough one. I hope that posting here eases the loneliness a little and makes you smile 🌷

On 4/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, anon22ae said:

Trying to finish taxes. When I was poor and in school, I got refunds. When I'm poor and working, I owe. This must be taxation without representation or something. No matter what, the government will get its pound of flesh at your expense.

You can rest easily knowing that your tax $$$ are financing rich people's endeavors.

One of my mother's favorite sayings was "Them what has, gets." Seems to be the way the world operates.

Edited by JD4010

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I just keep thinking all the work we've put into this has to be for something.  Something good has to be coming for us.  I have faith in that.  I'm just so sick of this life being so hard.😢

What's this "something good" coming for us…we gonna get paid like CEOs? 🤣

The Ultimate Irony 

I just finished writing and publishing a piece (for resale) on 5 ways mental health forums are ruining our mental health.  Yet, here I am.  Yes, indeedy.  I am a hypocrite, and yet, I am also right at the same time.  I wish that I was wrong.  I wish that these forums were actually helpful.  But the ones I have been in, have very nearly brought me to the brink of you-know-what, several times.  Today, was one of the final straws that led me to write that piece.  (I needed it for my portfolio - the self improvement market is huge.)

So I was volunteering as a listener at a major mental health site that is named with a number, and a drinking vessel.  I'm sure all of you know where it is.  I was in the sharing circle and a bunch of trolls just took over - literally.  I was hosting the chat, and they just smashed through every person's boundaries and shredded them.  It was a virtual bloodbath and there's not a damn thing I could do about it.   Successful people would say it doesn't really matter - that's just the internet, and get over it, and why am I so sensitive anyway?   It's not my job, but as a volunteer there I felt, in that moment, a severe powerlessness, that I am not accustomed to feeling and a responsibility.   I really did reach for the gun today.  Then I changed my mind, and wrote that piece instead.  

I'm a hypocrite you guys.  I can't take it anymore.  You try, and try and try and the trolls just ...they just do what they do.  They are dark triads you know.  Truly machiavellian, these people.  Some of them may in fact be under 18.  And they will grow up into the suit and tie variety that devour "widow's houses".  There's not a damn thing I, or anyone, can do to stop them.  Sites like that one, and this one, talk a good game about "breaking the stigma" because it drives traffic to their site, improves their ratings.  Did you really think they believe in it?   They don't.  Ask me - I know all about marketing and SEO.  It's all designed to attract the almighty dollar.  And I just wrote a piece that I will sell to them.  So, even I am making money on it.  The only real difference is, I really feel it.  I really know what I am talking about.  Most people don't and don't want to.  Because if they did, they would do something about it. 

I'm just done.  I can't go anywhere without the cyberbullies harrassing me, and everyone else who gets in their way.  I can't take it anymore.  I really can't.

Edited by Esselle
Added a clarification sentence

9 hours ago, iWantRope said:

What's this "something good" coming for us…we gonna get paid like CEOs? 🤣

That's ok, we'll keep the something good. It works for us. You keep whatever it is you've got going on. 

The house finch is sitting in her nest with a piece of grass hanging over the edge that makes it look like she's sitting there with a fishing pole.  I know I need to get a life.  I feel pretty good today though.

Edited by sober4life

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

The house finch is sitting in her nest with a piece of grass hanging over the edge that makes it look like she's sitting there with a fishing pole.  I know I need to get a life.  I feel pretty good today though.

There's nothing better than living in the moment, surrounded by nature. Enjoy the spring. It only comes once a year 😊

I forced myself to come into town today. And forced is the word. I was really anxious walking in. I shouldn’t leave it too long between visits for my anxiety to get going about it. I love town. And I love life. But most of the time I have to force myself to participate 😬

I haven’t come here in 6 months, cos I thought I wanted a break from online social platforms and online social media. Now that I’m back, I don’t feel any different or better. Life is still the same old people around me that makes my life not worth living. Sigh. 

Yeah family is there to remind me of the things I didn't do right or to remind me of the things I forgot to do.  Hey I'm getting the windows fixed I say.  They say yeah but what about this lock that needs to be fixed on the door.  Hey I'm getting the roof fixed I say.  Yeah but you're going to need a new outside building soon too.  They're like the news.  The news doesn't say great it's summer out there let's have fun.  They try to scare us about sunscreen or say don't go into the water you might get eaten by a shark.  The people in my life are there to make sure I don't enjoy life and don't feel like I succeed no matter what.

Edited by sober4life

19 hours ago, Esselle said:

The Ultimate Irony 

I just finished writing and publishing a piece (for resale) on 5 ways mental health forums are ruining our mental health.  Yet, here I am.  Yes, indeedy.  I am a hypocrite, and yet, I am also right at the same time.  I wish that I was wrong.  I wish that these forums were actually helpful.  But the ones I have been in, have very nearly brought me to the brink of you-know-what, several times.  Today, was one of the final straws that led me to write that piece.  (I needed it for my portfolio - the self improvement market is huge.)

So I was volunteering as a listener at a major mental health site that is named with a number, and a drinking vessel.  I'm sure all of you know where it is.  I was in the sharing circle and a bunch of trolls just took over - literally.  I was hosting the chat, and they just smashed through every person's boundaries and shredded them.  It was a virtual bloodbath and there's not a damn thing I could do about it.   Successful people would say it doesn't really matter - that's just the internet, and get over it, and why am I so sensitive anyway?   It's not my job, but as a volunteer there I felt, in that moment, a severe powerlessness, that I am not accustomed to feeling and a responsibility.   I really did reach for the gun today.  Then I changed my mind, and wrote that piece instead.  

I'm a hypocrite you guys.  I can't take it anymore.  You try, and try and try and the trolls just ...they just do what they do.  They are dark triads you know.  Truly machiavellian, these people.  Some of them may in fact be under 18.  And they will grow up into the suit and tie variety that devour "widow's houses".  There's not a damn thing I, or anyone, can do to stop them.  Sites like that one, and this one, talk a good game about "breaking the stigma" because it drives traffic to their site, improves their ratings.  Did you really think they believe in it?   They don't.  Ask me - I know all about marketing and SEO.  It's all designed to attract the almighty dollar.  And I just wrote a piece that I will sell to them.  So, even I am making money on it.  The only real difference is, I really feel it.  I really know what I am talking about.  Most people don't and don't want to.  Because if they did, they would do something about it. 

I'm just done.  I can't go anywhere without the cyberbullies harrassing me, and everyone else who gets in their way.  I can't take it anymore.  I really can't.

Welcome to the forum, I’m sure if you have been writing articles on forums you know all about them. This one is I believe different, its more personal, we are like a family on here. 
to get away from cyberbullies, you need to get away from cyber…..

to accept they exist and continue to develop yourself you need to think about the good things you have done today, right now. You are welcome to vent on here, with your new friends. We will support you in what you are going through, and offer helpful guidance if possible. For now breath, you are physically safe

6 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

I haven’t come here in 6 months, cos I thought I wanted a break from online social platforms and online social media. Now that I’m back, I don’t feel any different or better. Life is still the same old people around me that makes my life not worth living. Sigh. 

Sorry to see you back with the same old crowd around you. I stay away from all platforms except df, everybody out there is only seeking your attention with dramatic content and claims. Either stay on the fun stuff, cooking, or whatever it may be for you, or just stay on df with a little Candy crush maybe. Go for a walk, take a deep breath and let us know what you’ve been up to. Hugs

On 4/13/2022 at 5:16 AM, sober4life said:

You're talking about a place about like mine is what you want.  I don't want to tell you any bad things about living in a place like this because I don't want to talk you out of it.  There's bad things about every house but I believe you would love to live in a place like this.

That somehow sounds inspiring... All I need is peace and quiet (and no toxic waste dump or glue factory nearby, being downstream from an old rickety dam, threatened by a muddy sloping hillside, in the middle of a dry forest due for a massive conflagration, etc.)

Ah, well yesterday I had some pretty strong waves of depression to contend with. Sleep was a bit weird but at least I had some. 

Today, I'm doing my best not to push myself too hard. I'm not dealing with things as well as I normally can. Every knock back or look from someone feels deeply personal and cuts like a knife. Rest is needed. As much as is possible. 

Wishing everyone a peaceful day 😘

Good morning everyone and Happy Easter!
I have been burnt out for the past three days.  Total exhaustion.  Could be my medications are too strong.  Glad to see everyone posting 😀 

Depression is well and truly with me and has been for 5 days. All I wanna do is eat sugar and I've regained the couple of pounds I lost 🤦‍♀️

I guess I'm happy I managed to shower and get myself out of the house but I have this very lost, bleak feeling. 

Small wins though. That's what it's all about for me when I'm depressed. 

4 hours ago, Dorothy Sanders said:

Sorry, this feels bad,
If this has happened to you, you should see a therapist and explain to him everything that has happened, including how you feel and what is going on in your thoughts. If you live in the United States, you should give RoyalVibe Health a try. It is a therapeutic center where people with depression and anxiety are treated.
And I feel that you will be fine soon.

I just got a new therapist 

thank you I will definitely look that up

am actually doing a lot better

On 4/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Nightjar said:

There's nothing better than living in the moment, surrounded by nature. Enjoy the spring. It only comes once a year 😊

I have house finches on both sides of the house.  I saw the one on the other side of the house fly backwards to the ledge in front of the nest and moonwalk into the nest.🤯

5 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I have house finches on both sides of the house.  I saw the one on the other side of the house fly backwards to the ledge in front of the nest and moonwalk into the nest.🤯

Crikey, that bird must be worth a fortune 😁😜