How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

No house is ever going to be perfect.  Did I like this house in the beginning no not really.  I had to make it my house and my property.  I like always having projects around the corner and something to keep me busy.  I would rather see potential for growth and change in ways I know how to do than to see something perfect but I'm strange.

Edited by sober4life

54 minutes ago, sober4life said:

No house is ever going to be perfect.  Did I like this house in the beginning no not really.  I had to make it my house and my property.  I like always having projects around the corner and something to keep me busy.  I would rather see potential for growth and change in ways I know how to do than to see something perfect but I'm strange.

No, not strange. I feel like that too. I seem to always be drawn to 'a project'. 

3 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I used to live on a main road and to be honest I am sensitive to noise, very, but after a few days I didn’t notice traffic noise in general. The strangest thing happens though when its really quiet! I notice that now, almost a flip, lol.

in life there is always a trade off, the house I bought here, I only bought because I needed a garage, otherwise I think I would still be renting. If you like the house why not your space, your garden and your peace of mind

Thanks for the positivity 👍 I am kinda thinking why not.... The only why not I got is that there may be a place which comes up in a much quieter part of this area.....

... But some of those houses in the quieter area are a flood risk. And, if one came up which isn't in the flood risk bit, there is no guarantee I would be able to afford it or get it with today's competition 🤔 This one being a bit rundown is more accessible. 

Maybe I'm settling for second best a bit but this is available and suits a lot of my needs. I don't want to be stuck here too long. 

My current noise phobia is freaking out a bit. But that's what a phobia is about and I'm trying to bear that in mind 🐻

Edited by Nightjar

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have a couple of fans running in my room at night because of the noise here.  There are some days all day long there are semis driving by to the chicken farm.  It works. 

Is there noise at night? 🤔🐔

24 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Is there noise at night? 🤔🐔

Yeah big business doesn't care if it's day or night.:ermm:It's not every day though.  Once they start they go until they're finished.

1 hour ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Am in pain and depression and anxiety are really bad 

Hi There, just writing to let you know that you’re not alone tonight. I’m trying to get to bedtime by deep breathing and positive thinking. As tough as it is, repeating a few positive phrases is helping me.

meditation guided on youtube might be next

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

I have a couple of fans running in my room at night because of the noise here.  There are some days all day long there are semis driving by to the chicken farm.  It works. 

White noise can work, though I'd recommend ear plugs. Perhaps not very glamorous, but they do the job for me, even against the leaf blowers under my windows. They reduce the noise sufficiently.

Be sure to get the industrial-strength ones with 33db noise reduction. (The package even used to list "shooting" as a use, but this went away, perhaps because of the political climate. "Power tools" and "sleep" are still there.)

Well, here I am.  Another forum - for depression.  I hate this shit.  I hate this illness.  I hate how it has been weaponized and used against those of us who have it.  NOthing I say, or do, will ever be "quite okay", because, well, I'm depressed you see, so nothing I say or do has any real legitimacy in the eyes of other people. 

Even other people like me, who also have it, will say "are you manic today?" if I post an idea I had, or maybe it was a discovery....because no one in theiir right mind, would ever come up with that, unless they were manic right?  Ugh.  I hate it.  And if you actually did discover something, or come up with a unicque idea, then you must be having a "delusion of grandeur".  I hate this shit so much.

I want out of this world, at this point.  

Hi Esselle. Welcome in a sad but genuine way, glad you are with us but wish you were not, you get what I am saying, here we are a bunch of people whom will listen to you and try to understand what you are going through, and without passing judgment so you feel safe to tell is what is going on. 
sorry your feeling down about the way you are judged especially with depression being a major factor in your health. Listening to you, keep posting

On 3/31/2022 at 2:01 PM, Nightjar said:

Just got shouted at by narc mom. I didn't do anything to deserve it. 

I felt like crying. I grew up with this sh*t, walking on eggshells every day. At least I told her I didn't deserve it and left the room I guess. 

Dear universe, new place to live please? 🙏

Fingers crossed I get something like a good night's sleep tonight,  I've got a good bit of driving to do tomorrow 🤞

Nite guys 😘 Hope your evening has been better than mine. 

I don’t like angry people shouting at me either. It hurts.  Hugs. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Tired, but not too bad. Sleep was patchy. Got all the family here today which I could do without but it's only today I guess 🤷‍♀️

hope it goes well, try and go with the flow until it's back to normal

i know this is gonna sound counter productive but, after snapping and bitching out the people helping me through this episode i actually feel better then yesterday, i know it's gonna bite me back but ah well.

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

i know this is gonna sound counter productive but, after snapping and bitching out the people helping me through this episode i actually feel better then yesterday, i know it's gonna bite me back but ah well.

Nah, enjoy the moment while it lasts.... We all know the good times don't last forever but that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy them when they arrive 🤔 Glad you're feeling good today 😁

My life story is doing my best every day but my best not being good enough.  It's a life spent in quicksand.  I can fight enough to have my head out so I can breathe.  Maybe I should just quit fighting.