How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Oh god, I'm really getting into it with legal complications today. From what I've understood from a quick Google search, this hurdle in my sale could take who knows how long and could cause a lot of problems. Great... I've stopped calling everybody and I'm still just waiting.... Seems to be the only thing I can do. 

I shouldn't have listened to the agent when he told me it should be done by now.... He didn't know what he was talking about 🤔

Sorry to hear nightjar, i know the sale has been a real issue for you, all i can offer is HUGS

Sometimes the agents aren't that knowledgeable 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Not a good day today really. It didn't help that I stayed in. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day 🤞

Goodnight all 😘

Oh Dear!  I hope things improve for you.  Life sucks many times. 

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Not a good day today really. It didn't help that I stayed in. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day 

I wish I could stay in on weekdays, instead of having to go to my workplace & work with colleagues 

59 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

I wish I could stay in on weekdays, instead of having to go to my workplace & work with colleagues 

Come to North America.  We recognize mental health issues here.  

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

They said they have a state of the art movie theater.  They have a box tv from the 90s in the lobby with no cable and a broken VCR with no tapes!

I remember that being state of the art at one point, at least if it's in working condition. Nonetheless, at least it's better than those candy bars at 33 cents each or 2 for a dollar...

16 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

The weather sure doesn’t  help. With your boss, I would approach it with the working from home situation is impacting your ability to perform as best as you could do. The pandemic is over and I would like to discuss……

talk it out on here or pm me, I’ll be inside until it gets above the freezing point of water……

Thanks! My boss is very hot and cold. Sometimes she responds quickly and is quite helpful, other times…not so much. Both my boss and my company as a whole are terrible at communications and organization. And to make it worse…my department is at the very bottom of the priority scale so we basically get nothing!

I do not feel comfortable bringing this up in our every other week conference call (there are other people on the call) so I guess the best approach is to email her about it. Going to have to really think about how to word it. Because of her sometimes lukewarm reactions to things and because the company seems very steadfast on keeping us at home and not returning in person. There has not even been any discussion about it nor have they asked us for our input.

23 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I am feeling extra sad and hopeless…usually feel both of those things on Mondays but today it is really bad because I am doing so poorly of late. The weather (the temps are around 25 degrees below normal) is definitely a contributing factor but I am more uneasy about talking with my boss today. That problem with the work is going to have to be fixed soon and I can’t in any way handle making phone calls at this time and that is the likely solution. I don’t know what to say to her and am trying to figure out some excuse or way out of it. This is where a good friend or confidant would come in handy to talk it out. Same goes for that family related thing still bothering me. This is going on the second week now.

Guess I did okay since my boss said she would look into and make the phone calls. Still going to create extra, time consuming work for me though. And this shouldn’t have even been an issue in the first place! Very curious how long it will take to hear back from her on this, she isn’t exactly on the ball on these types of things.

13 hours ago, anon22ae said:

I remember that being state of the art at one point, at least if it's in working condition. Nonetheless, at least it's better than those candy bars at 33 cents each or 2 for a dollar...

It just really bothers me the commercials for these places.  One local place even said they had a bar and slot machines.  It's not true.  How do they get away with this?  The one even has the nerve to call itself a country club.

2 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

im back.....i was away from home...because i tried to self-harm, but im back....hope everyone is doing OK.

Glad you are ok, try and avoid triggers when you can, i know it's not always possible,  just know we are always here if you wanna talk

I feel annoyed that I've recently gained weight. Honestly though, I'm not sure I could have done things any differently, I'm just trying to survive these days. 

I feel out of control with it. Doesn't help that mom is tempting me with things and making most of the meals. I'm going to try and cut down tomorrow, make a plan 🤔

42 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I feel annoyed that I've recently gained weight. Honestly though, I'm not sure I could have done things any differently, I'm just trying to survive these days. 

I feel out of control with it. Doesn't help that mom is tempting me with things and making most of the meals. I'm going to try and cut down tomorrow, make a plan 🤔

I agree we couldn't have done things differently.  We did our best to survive a nightmare.  My plan is to just make it to mowing season as best as I can and then I'm going to mow out there the first couple of months at least with a push mower.  You know we've done our best up to this point.  What could we have done when the weather was crap out there all winter?

Edited by sober4life

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

It just really bothers me the commercials for these places.  One local place even said they had a bar and slot machines.  It's not true.  How do they get away with this?  The one even has the nerve to call itself a country club.

I think there's a high legal bar for false advertising. That's probably because almost all advertising is "false" in some sense, as in exaggerating the virtues of the product and making subjective claims like "We're #1!" One man's hovel is the advertiser's country club, just like one man's Fabulous Fred (anyone remember that one?) is another's video game arcade.

18 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I agree we couldn't have done things differently.  We did our best to survive a nightmare.  My plan is to just make it to mowing season as best as I can and then I'm going to mow out there the first couple of months at least with a push mower.  You know we've done our best up to this point.  What could we have done when the weather was crap out there all winter?

Mowing season is too short! Lol. It will take another 6 weeks for the snow to melt, then nothing grows until suddenly summer gets here. Three times a week cutting grass for a month then relax a bit as we get two weeks when-its too hot for the poor grass, lol…. Then the bugs eat it and we either seed and pray or wait for the white fluffy stuff…… 

time to change routines I believe, maybe I’m going to leave Canada and move to Florida. Hurricanes aside, its nice and warm most of the time, and below Orlando, I don’t think I will see snow again!

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Just leave the healthy stuff and eat the deserts, good for your mind. Eat smaller portions is my first advice to any friend looking to stabilise a waistline, then you can look at what it is you’re actually eating. Stress and meds can both effect your waistline….. gnight

I feel somewhat more at ease, went to a depression support group that i haven't been to in 10 years and really liked at the time, much to my surprise there were 2 people from back then that i knew that were now  helping at the group, and in general i felt like i was home, so had a hopeful feeling

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Gained weight, yeah since quitting work, guess i dont walk enough to make up for the work i did

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

What could we have done when the weather was crap out there all winter?

There are upsides to snowy winters: one, you don't sweat so much that you need to take at least 2 showers a day. Also in snowy winter you're less at risk of getting heatstroke 

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm gonna see how I get on today with cutting a few things out. Sugar is my addiction. I went to bed craving the box of chocolates I knew was in the apartment 😬

Good luck to everyone today for a good day 😘

16 hours ago, surfcaster said:

I feel somewhat more at ease, went to a depression support group that i haven't been to in 10 years and really liked at the time, much to my surprise there were 2 people from back then that i knew that were now  helping at the group, and in general i felt like i was home, so had a hopeful feeling

I’ve checked..but not recently..if there are any of these in my area and did not really find any. I think something like this would be good for me to be around people who understand and can sympathize with what you are going through. Going to check with my therapist and see if he knows of any.

Like I'm done with life. If God said it was time to go I would go but can I please take my two cats with me. There is literally nothing else I'm concerned about.

Edited by watalife

2 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I’ve checked..but not recently..if there are any of these in my area and did not really find any. I think something like this would be good for me to be around people who understand and can sympathize with what you are going through. Going to check with my therapist and see if he knows of any.

I was looking through old stuff i had packed away and found some of their stuff, looked them up online and was surprised they were still around,  so i just showed up on their meeting day, john and becky regognized me straight away and made me feel at home, so glad i went, didn't realize how much i missed going there and seeing them, we're not losing touch again