How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

On 3/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, iWantRope said:

Wow where's this place that you live in, the only places I can think of with that kind of prices are like Paris or Hong Kong 

Without doxxing myself, I'll just say that any place close to Big Tech is like this, especially CA and WA. If the likes of Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Amazon, etc. is in the area, housing prices go through the roof. And that's despite that only a select lucky few work for those companies, one would imagine -- maybe at most thousands out of the millions living in the area?

Was 77 degrees here but it's going to get pretty cold tonight.  Nothing, though, like some of you have described.  It is a desert here, but a a desert that is a mile above sea level so we get some pretty weird stuff weather wise. 

It was a good day to day all in all.  I see that the old Star Trek is going to be on soon so I will probably watch it . . . then some other oldies;  Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and The Invaders.  Wish they would run that old series - the Outer Limits.

Hugs to everyone.

8 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Enjoy the snow duck, we’re due for some more freezing rain as temperatures drop to -15 deg C again. I have more than onereason for wanting to leave Canada this year! Lol

I would love to move but I cannot think of a better place.  Maybe Aruba?  

I was helping family with income taxes.  It is good for my brain. 😄

Good night all and good morning to Nightjar 😁

Morning duck 😁

Morning everybody 🤗

Sleep wasn't too bad despite staying in what feels like an apartment in NYC at the minute. It's mother's day here in the UK. We're having a picnic in the countryside 🤔 We're doing ok at the minute so fingers crossed, the day will go well enough 🤞 

13 hours ago, duck said:

Snowed here all morning.  It’s below freezing so it will take a few days to melt.  

Everything is already snow covered again and it is supposed to not stop all day. Just when nearly everything had melted also 😖. And it is only in the 20’s today and tomorrow…that is like at least 20 degrees below normal for this time of year. I’ve got bad seasonal affective depression and don’t handle winter well at all but this too much for me especially since I have so much other stuff bothering me right now. Also, I had to see that a large portion of the country is having sunshine and record warmth and and real springlike weather. Meanwhile here…it looks and feels like the middle of winter. 

I don’t know what to do….I really can’t take much more of feeling like this.  I continue to obsess over this family related thing that I really should let go of but I can’t because it made me think deeper into things and I realized something (they were only pretending to like me) and it has effected me more than I thought it would.

I’ve got to somehow deal with a major work related issue which there is no way I can handle because it is mostly related to areas of the job I know nothing about but since a small piece of it is related to my job, My boss is trying to make me fix it by giving useless suggestions  (make a phone call!) and no guidance at all. I don’t like making calls as is but in my current state…there is no way I can do it.

The absolute misery of my location (and not just due to today’s brutual weather) continues to bring me down. 

And then there is the news and social media…all bad. all the time. Yet I cannot stay away from it. 

Apologies for my ramblings but I just need to vent and no one in real life is really willing to listen. And therapy is several days away 😢.

3 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

Apologies for my ramblings but I just need to vent and no one in real life is really willing to listen. And therapy is several days away 😢.

Vent away! I sure do when I need to 😉

I'm sorry things are so overwhelming for you today. When does the weather start to improve normally where you are? 

12 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Vent away! I sure do when I need to 😉

I'm sorry things are so overwhelming for you today. When does the weather start to improve normally where you are? 

Thanks. We had a few decent days in the past few weeks but it is really late into April…early May before the weather really turns. Cold and snow last well into April. Plus the lake is mostly unfrozen again so any cold snap could produce snow…which is the case today. Even into May, it really isn’t all that warm. June, July and August are really the only “decent” weather months and most of that time…its not hot, just humid and sticky. I laugh when the people around town go on about our “great summers” 🙄. They aren’t so great…but there isn’t snow, so at least there is that.

25 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

Thanks. We had a few decent days in the past few weeks but it is really late into April…early May before the weather really turns. Cold and snow last well into April. Plus the lake is mostly unfrozen again so any cold snap could produce snow…which is the case today. Even into May, it really isn’t all that warm. June, July and August are really the only “decent” weather months and most of that time…its not hot, just humid and sticky. I laugh when the people around town go on about our “great summers” 🙄. They aren’t so great…but there isn’t snow, so at least there is that.

Another month of the weather you hate I guess. We've had winters like that here...though its rare. I remember it though, it dragged on and on 🤔

There's enough snow out there to make me angry but I'm not going to let it make me angry.  Tomorrow I'm getting help taking down a tree.  It's the last one that is a danger of hitting the house and Friday I'm going to start the process with the 2 windows I need.  I'm never giving up.  I think if I make it through next week things will start to improve.  I think we should all route for the Peacocks today too.😉

10 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I don’t know what to do….I really can’t take much more of feeling like this.  I continue to obsess over this family related thing that I really should let go of but I can’t because it made me think deeper into things and I realized something (they were only pretending to like me) and it has effected me more than I thought it would.

I’ve got to somehow deal with a major work related issue which there is no way I can handle because it is mostly related to areas of the job I know nothing about but since a small piece of it is related to my job, My boss is trying to make me fix it by giving useless suggestions  (make a phone call!) and no guidance at all. I don’t like making calls as is but in my current state…there is no way I can do it.

The absolute misery of my location (and not just due to today’s brutual weather) continues to bring me down. 

And then there is the news and social media…all bad. all the time. Yet I cannot stay away from it. 

Focus on the good weather is coming, really, it has too, as I look outside into the wonderful 😂 blizzard…….. just some sunshine would be nice, hell I’d take moonshine too😀

13 hours ago, duck said:

I would love to move but I cannot think of a better place.  Maybe Aruba?  

I was helping family with income taxes.  It is good for my brain. 😄

Good night all and good morning to Nightjar 😁

I’m somehow thinking that Gibraltar might be a great place, comments welcomed pros and cons…… just in my dreams at this point

24 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

Meanwhile in the country I am in it's Monday morning & it feels like 87 deg F 

i want warmer weather but not sure i'm ready for too much heat and humidity just yet

7 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I’m somehow thinking that Gibraltar might be a great place, comments welcomed pros and cons…… just in my dreams at this point

I will research Gibraltar and let you know what I think. 

Meanwhile, I went to McDonald's this morning but did not eat any junk food.  I slept most of the day.  This evening I phoned my cousins.  I am doing income taxes again.  😀

Colder tomorrow 🥶

Edited by duck

2 am, can't sleep, maybe the transition from trazadone to klonopin although it's only been a week back on all 3 meds so maybe still adjustment period,  im tired and dopey feeling just cant sleep

13 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Meanwhile in the country I am in it's Monday morning & it feels like 87 deg F 

Oh wow….that sounds soooo good!!!  It might get to 87 here..once or twice in July or August. Right now, it is a balmy 19 degrees…19 degrees and it is almost April!! And everything covered in snow yet again!

I am feeling extra sad and hopeless…usually feel both of those things on Mondays but today it is really bad because I am doing so poorly of late. The weather (the temps are around 25 degrees below normal) is definitely a contributing factor but I am more uneasy about talking with my boss today. That problem with the work is going to have to be fixed soon and I can’t in any way handle making phone calls at this time and that is the likely solution. I don’t know what to say to her and am trying to figure out some excuse or way out of it. This is where a good friend or confidant would come in handy to talk it out. Same goes for that family related thing still bothering me. This is going on the second week now.

Oh god, I'm really getting into it with legal complications today. From what I've understood from a quick Google search, this hurdle in my sale could take who knows how long and could cause a lot of problems. Great... I've stopped calling everybody and I'm still just waiting.... Seems to be the only thing I can do. 

I shouldn't have listened to the agent when he told me it should be done by now.... He didn't know what he was talking about 🤔

I think it's like the South Park episode.  Agents don't really do anything.  The lawyer doesn't do anything either.  They take a cut of the money and complain every time we call.  That's about it.

5 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I am feeling extra sad and hopeless…usually feel both of those things on Mondays but today it is really bad because I am doing so poorly of late. The weather (the temps are around 25 degrees below normal) is definitely a contributing factor but I am more uneasy about talking with my boss today. That problem with the work is going to have to be fixed soon and I can’t in any way handle making phone calls at this time and that is the likely solution. I don’t know what to say to her and am trying to figure out some excuse or way out of it. This is where a good friend or confidant would come in handy to talk it out. Same goes for that family related thing still bothering me. This is going on the second week now.

The weather sure doesn’t  help. With your boss, I would approach it with the working from home situation is impacting your ability to perform as best as you could do. The pandemic is over and I would like to discuss……

talk it out on here or pm me, I’ll be inside until it gets above the freezing point of water……

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think it's like the South Park episode.  Agents don't really do anything.  The lawyer doesn't do anything either.  They take a cut of the money and complain every time we call.  That's about it.

Unfortunately the term professional anything now doesnt mean a lot. There are good lawyers and bad ones, and that can depend on what you are dealing with. Estate agents / realtor’s as they are referred to here, well lets just say I wouldn’t play poker against them or lend them my car. Again there are good and bad…

to have a professional title no longer means you are professional, they  need to prove that part to me…. Use them as they will use you, is the way I see it. 

If people wonder if you have to be honest in advertising.  They just had a commercial for the nursing home was in.  They said they have a state of the art movie theater.  They have a box tv from the 90s in the lobby with no cable and a broken VCR with no tapes!