Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Hey sober, thanks for asking.... It was close, but no cigar 🤔 I'm getting closer I reckon.... This one was too close to the road and a bit too small 🤏

How u doin today? 😊

I'm not bad.  It's starting to warm up here finally so my arthritis is getting better.  I've lived in 2 close to the road places.  One in a small town.  It's not bad.  If by road you mean highway I would pass on that too.  That is so hard to get used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Are you like me in some way? I need help, I try with medication but when it comes to the therapy level, I find it all unmeaningful. People have tried to help me but despite my situation I am not ready to accept help.

or do you need something particular and just cannot get it?

Just dealing with Med changes and therapist isn’t understanding that it’s been super hard at least that’s how I feel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sitting at my house with everything packed around me. About to go back to n. Mom's. Very tired, haven't been sleeping well for a few days and I don't want to go back there. There is no support or healthy relationship. Have to keep on keeping on though. 

Wishing for good sleep for everyone tonight. And for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm celebrating my birthday today with family.  Every show has a musical episode where someone sings everything.  Maybe if I do that today it will be the last time I have to do this.🤨

Happy birthday 

Edited by cherryapplez2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Sitting at my house with everything packed around me. About to go back to n. Mom's. Very tired, haven't been sleeping well for a few days and I don't want to go back there. There is no support or healthy relationship. Have to keep on keeping on though. 

Wishing for good sleep for everyone tonight. And for me. 

My house is packed up all around me also, just waiting for settlement in april, I'm praying things come through for you, good things eventually come to good people  i have to believe that,  until then keep doing what you need to to stay on the good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, surfcaster said:

My house is packed up all around me also, just waiting for settlement in april, I'm praying things come through for you, good things eventually come to good people  i have to believe that,  until then keep doing what you need to to stay on the good

Thanks surfcaster. That's a lovely message of encouragement. Sending prayers your way that all goes well with yours. Did you get stressed with the packing? Man, it's a huge job, even for a 'minimalist' 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had another unproductive and low motivation work day. These are getting more and more frequent and I am falling behind now.  It should bother me…and maybe at times it does a little bit but I mostly don’t care.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Non productive and unmotivated….. that spills over into your personal life, out of work I mean…… if it is work, then it shouldn’t bother you unless your the CEO, but its a good sign it does bother you. That shows that you do care about your performance. If your boss is smart then he/she would try and make some adjustments for you to be able to feel more productive….. worth speaking up, the worst case is unlikely to happen, but something may change for the better.

is that possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Just dealing with Med changes and therapist isn’t understanding that it’s been super hard at least that’s how I feel

Are you with the right therapist…… maybe they do understand and are trying to offer pathways that are not agreeable to you. 
Anyway, I understand how hard med changes can be, so don’t feel alone, and therapists are human too and can, despite their training, miss a key point. I tried many therapists but now rely on people I know to judge me, lol, or tell me how I am acting up, and I use some online youtube videos to attemptvto deal with specific issues. Youtube doesn't answer back! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to do things in life but the time change felt like I was a kid at Christmas.  Yeah I can get into bed sooner!  Let's lose an hour every day!😃

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I used to do things in life but the time change felt like I was a kid at Christmas.  Yeah I can get into bed sooner!  Let's lose an hour every day!😃

As I recall, the only good thing about spring forward was when we got to church and the mass was already finished. What a feeling of lightness that was... 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Thanks surfcaster. That's a lovely message of encouragement. Sending prayers your way that all goes well with yours. Did you get stressed with the packing? Man, it's a huge job, even for a 'minimalist' 🤔

Had quite a few breakdowns some major, mostly due to  the rug being pulled out from under me at the last minute, deals falling through, and just general chaos from moving

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They make moving seem easy on tv.  It's nothing like on tv.  I've never known anyone in my life that called movers to move them first of all.  You have to usually do everything yourself sometimes doing things like strapping the mattress to the roof of the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am still around.   I had an incident on Tuesday which shook me up.  I will explain later.  Hugs for anyone who needs one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Had quite a few breakdowns some major, mostly due to  the rug being pulled out from under me at the last minute, deals falling through, and just general chaos from moving

I had a major breakdown last summer in the last stages of a move and I had to pull out. This time around has been pretty awful but somehow I'm hanging in there. It should be 2 weeks till this sale is completed 🤞🤞🤞

Moving is horrible. Its almost worth abandoning everything and taking a back pack to the next place, don't you think? Though photos I would have a hard time letting go of. Lots of luck to you in your final stages 🍀🍀🍀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I figured out how to replace the 2 outside lights and I figured out who installed the lights too.  There aren't bulbs you replace with either one.  Basically every 4 or 5 years those 2 guys thought they would be able to make a day out of replacing both systems and ripping us off.  They'll never be back here.  Goodbye lights.  Who would pay $170 for two lightening systems?  Not me.:ermm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, I feel alone and sad. I woke up today pretending to be okay, but inside I feel so hurt. Today, I have a family event for someone who caused my depression and deprave me of my self-worth. She is my sister and she said some awful words that I will always remember. I have to celebrate her birthday and I don't know how to act. Someone please take me away and make me disappear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/15/2022 at 5:48 PM, Extremebeginner said:

Non productive and unmotivated….. that spills over into your personal life, out of work I mean…… if it is work, then it shouldn’t bother you unless your the CEO, but its a good sign it does bother you. That shows that you do care about your performance. If your boss is smart then he/she would try and make some adjustments for you to be able to feel more productive….. worth speaking up, the worst case is unlikely to happen, but something may change for the better.

is that possible?

I believe much of my problem stems from working from home. I realize I am the opposite of most (this is the case on many occassions) as I actually want to return at least part time to the office.  Maybe 2 days in, 3 days at home or 3 days in, 2 days at home…something like that.

My company is terrible at communication and organization and to make it worse, my department is low on the priority scale. They had no plan when we were forced into working from home…they were literally buying laptops off of Amazon the day before and they have no plan for us to return. My boss has basically said this in so many words. 

I am forced to work in my bedroom as there is not anywhere else in tge house that would accommodate my setup. It is depressing for many reasons. If I had a better situation or if my company handled things differently and treated us better…I might have a better outlook. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

I believe much of my problem stems from working from home. I realize I am the opposite of most (this is the case on many occassions) as I actually want to return at least part time to the office.  Maybe 2 days in, 3 days at home or 3 days in, 2 days at home…something like that.

My company is terrible at communication and organization and to make it worse, my department is low on the priority scale. They had no plan when we were forced into working from home…they were literally buying laptops off of Amazon the day before and they have no plan for us to return. My boss has basically said this in so many words. 

I am forced to work in my bedroom as there is not anywhere else in tge house that would accommodate my setup. It is depressing for many reasons. If I had a better situation or if my company handled things differently and treated us better…I might have a better outlook. 

Sounds crazy right, working from home is tough, but I bet it is. I certainly could not handle it, especially not in the bedroom. I have to keep that room free for sleep. Try too look forward to the day these crazy times will be over, soon for most I hope and that we can all return to the new normal. I was lucky through the pandemic as I am always out of the house, 5 days a week. The weekends are tough on me being at home... I admire your perseverance, keep it up. 

I would still speak to your boss about the way you feel, in an optimistic tone to try to get a real idea of when you might go back, he will I feel sure understand why. Is there another coworker you can go and see and work together to relieve some of the monotony. Not sure I have the answers here but maybe they will generate something that works for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cloudiness said:

Right now, I feel alone and sad. I woke up today pretending to be okay, but inside I feel so hurt. Today, I have a family event for someone who caused my depression and deprave me of my self-worth. She is my sister and she said some awful words that I will always remember. I have to celebrate her birthday and I don't know how to act. Someone please take me away and make me disappear.

Consider yourself taken away, but what if where I take you is worse in some way?

Family can be hard to deal with, very hard. Some people cross a line and you can just ghost them, but a family member is tough. Anyway my suggestion is either don't go and give a reason, or don't go and don't give a reason. She will get the message with the later, but if you're trying to keep the peace with others then just tell her you're not feeling up to going out tonight.

I understand once your self worth, your confidence is eroded it can take some building back, but don't go to the trigger. I assume she is the trigger, or does this go deeper. you can PM me if you don't want to discuss openly or you can talk here. Remember, you are always worth way more than you value yourself when you suffer from depression. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, duck said:

I am still around.   I had an incident on Tuesday which shook me up.  I will explain later.  Hugs for anyone who needs one. 

Hope you're not struggling too much duck, we're here for you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Hope you're not struggling too much duck, we're here for you

Thank you surfcaster!  

I tried calling the mental help line for the first time today (in many years) .  The psychologist who answered was speaking so softly I could barely hear her.  I politely asked her to turn up her volume but she hung up. I am not surprised.  These people are clueless and useless.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...