How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

2 minutes ago, duck said:

Good morning Nightjar 😀   I hope you have a pleasant day!

I am doing some reading.  We spring forward our clocks today. 

Good morning duck! It's nice to hear from you 😄

Great news about the clocks going forward today. More light really helps me feel better. Reading sounds good too. It sounds like you're headed for a good day 👌

On 3/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, sober4life said:

The real reason for higher prices on everything is the companies don't have to pretend to care about us anymore.  In the beginning they said we're all in this together.  They probably went back and destroyed all those commercials.  They never want anyone to see them again that's for sure!

100%. I just read an article how companies may not be charging more for certain products but finding clever ways to change the packaging and contents so you get less for your money.  I am not huge on boycotts but there are some companies that are just so egregious in the behavior that I cannot in good conscience do business with them. One in particular that has been in the news a lot lately I have avoided for years.

Everything totally snow covered again and going to have more on and off throughout the day. At least this time it appears that it will be short lived as temps will be going up steadily during the week with some 50’s and 60’s thrown in so it should melt rather quickly. Still makes me miserable though and I suspect this isn’t the last storm for the season. It snows well into April here sometimes.

Once again, I find myself extra sad on a Sunday. Usually go out to the store and to eat and will probably still do that but even that doesn’t do much for me anymore. Maybe it is the weather or maybe just I am a miserable, hopeless person. 

1 hour ago, monicott17 said:

100%. I just read an article how companies may not be charging more for certain products but finding clever ways to change the packaging and contents so you get less for your money.  I am not huge on boycotts but there are some companies that are just so egregious in the behavior that I cannot in good conscience do business with them. One in particular that has been in the news a lot lately I have avoided for years.

Well people will never believe it but I'm so old I remember the times when they used to actually fill up the packages with products.  My whole life they have been trying to figure out how to keep the same weight on the package by making the package itself heavier because it's made out of different materials and adding as much air as possible inside the package.  Money is all that matters.  The leaders of all the companies is someone like JR Ewing from Dallas.  Remember he even sold his own mom's house on the show.

Edited by sober4life

Well today wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The worst things that happen to me are usually in my mind 🤔

Oh yeah. Going to see another house tomorrow. Wish me luck guys 🍀🍀🍀

Edited by Nightjar

10 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning Nightjar 😀   I hope you have a pleasant day!

I am doing some reading.  We spring forward our clocks today. 

I wish they'd rob that hour from a Monday afternoon rather than a Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I'm very conflicted. I'm being pulled in two very opposite directions at once. The conundrum goes right to the heart of my F'd up personality.  "Stockholm Syndrome" is a part of it too.

I've put off making a final decision and now I'm under a lot of pressure to do it. I'm in a no-win situation so no matter which way go, the results will suck.

46 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I'm very conflicted. I'm being pulled in two very opposite directions at once. The conundrum goes right to the heart of my F'd up personality.  "Stockholm Syndrome" is a part of it too.

I've put off making a final decision and now I'm under a lot of pressure to do it. I'm in a no-win situation so no matter which way go, the results will suck.

No win, does that mean both lose……. 
go with the least painful for you, that’s all I can offer…….

the one with the least sucky results

10 minutes ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

You know I don’t really handle people marking fun of people especially babies and autism 

my heart hurts

I believe 99% of people are generally good natured and respectful of others, the young, old, disabled, race, religion etc. there are only a small handful of hurtful people, but they leave a longer lasting impression on our hearts and head. Often disrespectful comments can be made because people are simply unaware of an issue, or with somebody else’s feelings towards the matter.

We can protect the innocent, especially babies and those on the autism scale, because they cannot properly defend themselves. However, its really important to not let your frustration with their behaviours, impact your own health. Be sure the victim(s) is safe and ignore the rest. I like you wish we didnt have to do this but in this world we must. If you can educate the offensive person without hurting yourself then do so.

9 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Everything totally snow covered again and going to have more on and off throughout the day. At least this time it appears that it will be short lived as temps will be going up steadily during the week with some 50’s and 60’s thrown in so it should melt rather quickly. Still makes me miserable though and I suspect this isn’t the last storm for the season. It snows well into April here sometimes.

Once again, I find myself extra sad on a Sunday. Usually go out to the store and to eat and will probably still do that but even that doesn’t do much for me anymore. Maybe it is the weather or maybe just I am a miserable, hopeless person. 

oh no not snow, im so ready for spring and summer since we have been getting teaser days of mid 60s temps

15 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

I believe 99% of people are generally good natured and respectful of others, the young, old, disabled, race, religion etc. there are only a small handful of hurtful people, but they leave a longer lasting impression on our hearts and head. Often disrespectful comments can be made because people are simply unaware of an issue, or with somebody else’s feelings towards the matter.

We can protect the innocent, especially babies and those on the autism scale, because they cannot properly defend themselves. However, its really important to not let your frustration with their behaviours, impact your own health. Be sure the victim(s) is safe and ignore the rest. I like you wish we didnt have to do this but in this world we must. If you can educate the offensive person without hurting yourself then do so.

That’s true still hurts my son has autism and my girl was in the nicu witch was where they were calling the baby ugly it was from a nurse I’ll never see  them so that’s it was just jokes at this club I went to last night 

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

sorry to hear that, but i guess go the direction that offers the best results for you, the least amount of suck

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

There's a point in life where you hope someone runs you over or shoots you every time you leave the house.  It doesn't really matter how it happens just as long as it's over.

What’s happening Sober?   I think you sound more depressed judging from your posts the past few days.  Tomorrow could be a better day.   

7 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Oh man! That sucks JD!    I hope things work out for you.  Keep us posted please.  

8 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

I need help but no one can help me

Are you like me in some way? I need help, I try with medication but when it comes to the therapy level, I find it all unmeaningful. People have tried to help me but despite my situation I am not ready to accept help.

or do you need something particular and just cannot get it?

On 3/13/2022 at 3:41 PM, Nightjar said:

Well today wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The worst things that happen to me are usually in my mind 🤔

Oh yeah. Going to see another house tomorrow. Wish me luck guys 🍀🍀🍀

How did things go?

17 hours ago, duck said:

What’s happening Sober?   I think you sound more depressed judging from your posts the past few days.  Tomorrow could be a better day.   

Thanks it was a better day today.  Health problems have been bad lately not bad enough to give up though.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

How did things go?

Hey sober, thanks for asking.... It was close, but no cigar 🤔 I'm getting closer I reckon.... This one was too close to the road and a bit too small 🤏

How u doin today? 😊