How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I've long believed that we were heading into very difficult times.... I just always sort of felt that way. Of course we've had plenty of warning about climate change but I've also heard warnings about the big fight between power and freedom, light and dark, whatever, intensifying at this time. 

Seems true. We have more darkness emerging in the world but also more light 🤔 Focus on the light guys.. It helps everyone you know🕯️Send love and peace to everyone you meet ✌️ 

Edited by Nightjar

@Nightjar I also have been worried about the world for sometime.    Things have been getting worse for years.   I wish it was different.

I hope everyone have a good Sunday.  Hugs. 

25 minutes ago, duck said:

@Nightjar I also have been worried about the world for sometime.    Things have been getting worse for years.   I wish it was different.

I hope everyone have a good Sunday.  Hugs. 

Hugs duck :hugs:Have a great day. 

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I've long believed that we were heading into very difficult times.... I just always sort of felt that way. Of course we've had plenty of warning about climate change but I've also heard warnings about the big fight between power and freedom, light and dark, whatever, intensifying at this time. 

Seems true. We have more darkness emerging in the world but also more light 🤔 Focus on the light guys.. It helps everyone you know🕯️Send love and peace to everyone you meet ✌️ 

Freedom and light will win because of all the restrictions from the pandemic.  People are sick of being told what to do all the time and they're going to fight for their freedom.

12 hours ago, anon22ae said:

I wouldn't be caught d**d at my HS reunion (a similar amount of time has passed). The human brain seems pretty good at recognizing unrecognizably aged people, as I've found out... but I think the shock would show on my face, just as I'd probably immediately perceive it coming from the people I face after not having seen them for three decades.

I probably won't go.  I don't even remember any of their names except for the very few that still live nearby.  I think the part that really bothers me is thinking about the fact that I'm so old my elementary school, my middle school and my high school don't even exist anymore.  They had to come up with a different location to have the reunion.🙄

Edited by sober4life

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

I probably won't go.  I don't even remember any of their names except for the very few that still live nearby.  I think the part that really bothers me is thinking about the fact that I'm so old my elementary school, my middle school and my high school don't even exist anymore.  They had to come up with a different location to have the reunion.🙄

That would seem more like an indicator of "urban renewal" or other development in your area. I may be older, yet even my kindergarten still exists, along with every school after that. That's mainly because they've been around for a long time and will likely be around long after I'm not.

Nonetheless, I'm a bit disturbed by the high-rise apartment blocks that replaced the sunny wheat fields and cool streams I remember from my youth. It's a jarring juxtaposition of memories and reality.

I'm not exactly sure the stories of my schools.  I know my parents went to my high school and my great grandpa actually went to my elementary school and he was born in 1917.  I don't think it's urban renewal.  They stick with buildings for a long time but it's a poor place that usually votes no on all the tax levies to improve the schools so it's a miracle they last as long as they do.🤔

On 3/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, Extremebeginner said:

I was in the same position, wasnt sure whether to take meds or not. I tried, wasn’t successful so I stopped. Couldn’t handle the depression on my own, passed by several therapists, but then suffered severe anxiety. I decided to take a benzodiazepine after consulting my doctor. It worked well, was worried about addiction so reconsidered other meds. Not sure if they worked or not to be honest but I’m still around so I guess they did. 
long term effects may be bad but honestly when you look at the food we buy, it has most of the ingredients in it already, so after trying high serotonin diets and activities I decided to go all in. I’m still here, and still have rough, really rough days, but I also have not quite so rough days.

thats my experience, I Guess it doesnt help you make your decision so I’m sorry about that aspect of my response.

Thanks. I am just about there and going to have the discussion with my therapist sooner than later. I think I will always be apprehensive about it because of my cynical nature but I am worse than I have ever been and struggle to function most days…especially at my job.

23 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm honestly not sure where it's going.  I don't think anyone is sure.  Of course we should worry about it.  I honestly believe there will be a time when the world gets back to normal and by normal I mean what it was like before covid.  When?  I don't know but I have to keep the faith that one day we will be able to wake up to something that we at least don't have to rush to the tv every morning screaming oh my god what is going on now?  I desperately hope that!

This is one of the big things I am struggling with right now. Worried about where things are headed. I am deeply disturbed by a number of things happening right now and the ramifications they are having and will continue to have. I am (and have always been to be honest) a “glass half empty” person and I believe the world that exsisted prior to March of 2020 is never coming back, especially where I live. Some places might be close to a pre-covid way of living, not where I am though.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:40 PM, duck said:

You can ask me anything about meds.  I will do my best to answer.   I have been on meds for about 27 years.  Some of them are okay while others were not. 

Thanks for the reply. Due to my hesitiation, my therapist suggested possibly being on something that isn’t taken daily…only when needed. He’s also mentioned Prozac as a possibility. I’ve heard both good and bad in regards to Prozac.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:02 PM, sober4life said:

I found a second dog that quacks like a duck yesterday like my old dog so I think that's what I'll say when I go to my 25 year graduation reunion.  Maybe that's all I'll say.  What have you been doing since you left school?  Trying to find dogs that quack.

25 year reunion for me as well. I still live in the area where my high school is and have seen classmates around town over the years. Didn’t go to the 10 year reunion and won’t go to this one for sure.  I didn’t realize it myself until someone pointed it out to me recently and damn, was it sobering for me. My high school and college years were by no means great but since then I have gone steadily downhill and would consider things to be an unmitigated disaster at this point.

Just woke up 7 pm my time.    I am exhausted the past couple of days.  I even fall asleep while sitting.  Too many nightmares!

Hugs if you need one.  

6 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Thanks for the reply. Due to my hesitiation, my therapist suggested possibly being on something that isn’t taken daily…only when needed. He’s also mentioned Prozac as a possibility. I’ve heard both good and bad in regards to Prozac.

I was on Prozac for eighteen years.  It helped. 

Sleep was OK which is good. It seems to give me more energy for anxiety though lol. Anyone else find that? The better you sleep, the more anxiety you have the next day? 🤪

Anyway, still wishing this time away. I am gripped by the desire for this sale to complete. It has felt like a trauma. I was traumatised before I left and I'm traumatised still by the long, drawn out untangling of it. But most of all,  I'm traumatised by the uncertainty of it all and the lack of information. 

Have a great day guys 🤕

Edited by Nightjar

9 hours ago, iWantRope said:

Today is Monday.

And Monday feels like F***ING Monday 

Ugh….I hear you!!!  Before I was even on the clock, ran into a major work issue and cannot do anything until it is solved. As if I wasn’t already unmotivated and frustrated enough. Also, anxious because I have to talk on the phone with IT and they aren’t usually very friendly.

17 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm not exactly sure the stories of my schools.  I know my parents went to my high school and my great grandpa actually went to my elementary school and he was born in 1917.  I don't think it's urban renewal.  They stick with buildings for a long time but it's a poor place that usually votes no on all the tax levies to improve the schools so it's a miracle they last as long as they do.🤔

My old Elementary, Middle, and High School buildings have all been leveled. I grew up in a rural area where farms are often a mile apart. Even when I was young, it was difficult to find enough students in a vast area to keep the school going. Eventually, the drain of population was so great that they had to close down the schools. They've reorganized and merged several times since I graduated, way back in 1977.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

My old Elementary, Middle, and High School buildings have all been leveled. I grew up in a rural area where farms are often a mile apart. Even when I was young, it was difficult to find enough students in a vast area to keep the school going. Eventually, the drain of population was so great that they had to close down the schools. They've reorganized and merged several times since I graduated, way back in 1977.

Yeah that's a good point.  I think there was probably about 30 people in my graduating class.

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Sleep was OK which is good. It seems to give me more energy for anxiety though lol. Anyone else find that? The better you sleep, the more anxiety you have the next day? 🤪

Anyway, still wishing this time away. I am gripped by the desire for this sale to complete. It has felt like a trauma. I was traumatised before I left and I'm traumatised still by the long, drawn out untangling of it. But most of all,  I'm traumatised by the uncertainty of it all and the lack of information. 

Have a great day guys 🤕

Yeah good sleep just means I wake up manic.  It's a cycle of running myself into the ground until I crash over and over and over.  I know it's hard selling a house.  Look at everything we're going through right now and you're going through the process of trying to find another house on top of things.  It's a lot to deal with and too much to deal with for most.  I'm proud of how tough you are.  I just hope you're able to get through this and get some peace and happiness.

Edited by sober4life

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I just hope you're able to get through this and get some peace and happiness

Oh god, yes, me too. These last 5 years have been some of the hardest of my life. Are you able to find any peace these days sober? 🤠

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Oh god, yes, me too. These last 5 years have been some of the hardest of my life. Are you able to find any peace these days sober? 🤠

Things should be peaceful for a while.:unsure:

I got a new girlfriend who moved from Las Vegas who is really nice and it feels like I went from living in emotional poverty paycheck to paycheck to winning the lottery.

Sometimes I really believe if we just lived in a world that was not awful and the people were better we would not need to opiod ourselves into oblivion. I think there are a lot of good people but the bad ones seem to stand out more.

Also sometimes I wish I could share my happiness with other people but I cannot. There is no substitute for what the heart yearns for.