How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Now that the inspection is done I hope the rest of the day is peaceful and you can rest.

Thanks sober. I'm trying my best to rest. I think I need to strap myself down. Lol. How are you today? 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:44 PM, Nightjar said:

Yay! Arctic cruise. We can take turns propping each other up. Lol. 🥱

I was hoping you might say Caribbean but when you offered the support service I figured it didn’t matter, we would be near a buffet or a bar🤗🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, and now with straps, lol. The boats aren’t that rough

14 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Thanks sober. I'm trying my best to rest. I think I need to strap myself down. Lol. How are you today? 

Well I could say the same exact quote myself actually.  I need to make myself rest the next couple of days.  I'm stressed out and rundown.  I've been doing too much lately.

14 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Well I could say the same exact quote myself actually.  I need to make myself rest the next couple of days.  I'm stressed out and rundown.  I've been doing too much lately.

Hope you manage to rest too sober. You deserve it 🙂

45 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

I was hoping you might say Caribbean but when you offered the support service I figured it didn’t matter, we would be near a buffet or a bar🤗🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿, and now with straps, lol. The boats aren’t that rough

Ha! Strap me down at the buffet 🤣

19 hours ago, surfcaster said:

had a major allergy related sinus headache, took some meds to drive it out, now as usual afterwards, i feel completely wore down and extremely tired, wiped out

Same happens to me with migraine attacks. Sometimes the “after” is worse than the actual headache itself. Generally, my meds will kick out the headache in a hour or so but the after effects hang out for awhile…even into the next day.

I have enough trouble as it is focusing and caring about work…I certainly don’t need the number of issues this week that have come up and are a pain to fix. And I shouldn’t have to be the one fixing them, my boss should…and I am going to try my best to make her do it especially because it involves one of worst nightmares.…making phone call. Also, my internet at home sucks and seems to be getting worse making it all the more difficult!

I hope people don't mind me taking up too much airspace here today... My anxiety has ramped up again when it wasn't so bad for a while. Head is just spinning with everything. I know moving is stressful. And moreso in my case because I'm planning to leave my emotional and financial support system and the person who has that control over me (narc mom). I feel like I'm going to be out on my own in the big bad world again all by myself and sick with anxiety. 

I know narc mom will kick off big time too so I'll have to deal with the fall out and anger at me when what I so desperately need is support. 

I so hope I can recover from all this. I've been trying ro relax but anxiety kicked off again about an hour ago.. Going to try some meditation now to try to calm down a bit. 

Edited by Nightjar

1 hour ago, monicott17 said:

Same happens to me with migraine attacks. Sometimes the “after” is worse than the actual headache itself. Generally, my meds will kick out the headache in a hour or so but the after effects hang out for awhile…even into the next day.

Yup exactly me too

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I hope people don't mind me taking up too much airspace here today... My anxiety has ramped up again when it wasn't so bad for a while. Head is just spinning with everything. I know moving is stressful. And moreso in my case because I'm planning to leave my emotional and financial support system and the person who has that control over me (narc mom). I feel like I'm going to be out on my own in the big bad world again all by myself and sick with anxiety. 

I know narc mom will kick off big time too so I'll have to deal with the fall out and anger at me when what I so desperately need is support. 

I so hope I can recover from all this. I've been trying ro relax but anxiety kicked off again about an hour ago.. Going to try some meditation now to try to calm down a bit. 

It's terrifying.  You're strong enough to do this but I'll be honest it will be the hardest thing you have ever done.  It's the same as it was for me when I was getting sober.  I chose a familiar hell over and over and over again because I knew how to get through that hell but the hell almost killed me.  I've been on my own for almost 4 years now.  I'm afraid every day but every day I get through feels so amazing.  I feel alive every day I fight to survive this story.  It's the best feeling in the world to beat the odds and feel like you are winning in an unwinnable story.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

It's terrifying.  You're strong enough to do this but I'll be honest it will be the hardest thing you have ever done.  It's the same as it was for me when I was getting sober.  I chose a familiar hell over and over and over again because I knew how to get through that hell but the hell almost killed me.  I've been on my own for almost 4 years now.  I'm afraid every day but every day I get through feels so amazing.  I feel alive every day I fight to survive this story.  It's the best feeling in the world to beat the odds and feel like you are winning in an unwinnable story.

You're very inspiring sober. Its great to hear you are feeling stronger and more determined than ever. Yes! 💪

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Try to stay positive with the move, i recently sold a house and moved and retired from working at the same time, i understand the stress of that,  as far as narc mom goes she can only affect you as far as you allow it to, you will probably be better off on your own anyway, living by your own rules, i have faith that you will find this was a good move for you in the end

13 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hi guys. Anxiety was bad last night. I was lying in bed for ages, trying to sleep with a thumping heart... Every thought was about illness or isolation or living on the streets.. I think I eventually got some sleep which is an improvement on the night before. 

.. My head doesn't do all that s*it in the day..So it gets stuck in when I try to sleep. 

Anyway, got my final (hopefully) house exam today so send me big DF luck 🍀

Have a good day everyone 😘

Sorry to hear you had anxiety last night.  I could not sleep because of my sinuses.  I had about two hours sleep.  Today I had to take a nap.   I was so miserable.   I chipped some ice to clean the sidewalks.   

I met a friend for coffee.  We did not see each other for almost three years.  COVID prevents me from meeting people in person.   

13 hours ago, surfcaster said:

Try to stay positive with the move, i recently sold a house and moved and retired from working at the same time, i understand the stress of that,  as far as narc mom goes she can only affect you as far as you allow it to, you will probably be better off on your own anyway, living by your own rules, i have faith that you will find this was a good move for you in the end

Thanks surfcaster. I appreciate the support 💜 

Edited by Nightjar

11 hours ago, duck said:

Sorry to hear you had anxiety last night.  I could not sleep because of my sinuses.  I had about two hours sleep.  Today I had to take a nap.   I was so miserable.   I chipped some ice to clean the sidewalks.   

I met a friend for coffee.  We did not see each other for almost three years.  COVID prevents me from meeting people in person.   

Oh no, not sleeping sucks. I hate it!! I hope your sinuses improve quickly duck. Do you have any meds for them? 

Happy to hear that you got to see your friend 😊

Yeah right now I'm trying to get used to a new pillow.  I got 2 pillows.  It's funny how you will go forever on a junk pillow just because you're afraid the new pillow will be just as bad.  One pillow is a normal pillow and it's good.  I also got one of those mypillows.  I could find a better pillow than that one at the dump.  I swear when you unroll that thing you will say what the hell is this?  I've been ripped off a lot in life but you can't even really call it a pillow.  I don't even know what to say about it.  It's so incredibly absurd!  Then I was dealing with big business today.  I made a phone call.  I was worried that they might screw me over about something and over the phone they said oh yeah we will in colorful words I can't say here.  Welcome to earth!😃

20 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey ladysmurf. I'm rooting for you. I really hope it goes well. Have you managed to get an appointment? 

Yes I will start soon in a week or 2 from what they told me..

There is a point in life where you get older and the world doesn't make sense to you anymore.  That's where I'm at.  I want no part of today's world.  I wake up feeling like I'm on another planet every day.  I saw on tv where a robot could stand in for kids when they get sick so they aren't counted as absent.  That's what I want a robot to stand in for me for all of life really and I don't even care if the robot tells me what happens.  I don't even care if he does things right.  I just want no part of this anymore.

Edited by sober4life