How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

4 hours ago, surfcaster said:

i do not believe this holds true on this site, yeah in general life it is partly true i will give you that but not so much here to my expirience

Yes, there are good people on here. Nonetheless, I'd agree about this being true IRL.

I would also add that most people are willing to help out, provided it's a one-time or short-lasting thing. The long haul is a different story. For example, anyone would probably help someone hurt in an accident or let someone homeless stay over for a day or two. Providing daily care to someone hurt or letting someone homeless stay for weeks or even indefinitely... not so much.

Whenever I get in the "Nobody cares about me" mood, I ask myself, "Who do I care about?" I don't generally come up with a stellar answer, but it reminds me that energy flows both ways.

It's 9 o'clock, my best time of day. Problems seem manageable and the future, while uncertain, does not weigh down on me. I wish I could feel like this more through the day.

Not enough sleep last night and consequently feeling rough today. Had words with narc mom last night. I should have known better than to start discussing my business with her. Anyway, she backed down 😳 Which is very unusual. Curiouser and Curiouser. 

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Not enough sleep last night and consequently feeling rough today. Had words with narc mom last night. I should have known better than to start discussing my business with her. Anyway, she backed down 😳 Which is very unusual. Curiouser and Curiouser. 

It happens the same way with my family now too.  They back down because they know we're getting stronger.  Life is short and I stand up to them every time now.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

It happens the same way with my family now too.  They back down because they know we're getting stronger.  Life is short and I stand up to them every time now.

Yay! You might be right? I choose my battles these days but when I argue she listens 🤷‍♀️ I would never have believed that would happen 😳

1 hour ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Am nothing but a disappointing person I feel so bad I can’t help people when am this low please forgive me

no worries cherry, i think a lot of us feel like you are right now, i get to that point rather often lately, nothing to ask forgiveness for, rather ask can you help me, that we'd rather do.

9 hours ago, Nightjar said:

My second sister is like is like that.   She is always right.  She is also abusive !

1 hour ago, surfcaster said:

no worries cherry, i think a lot of us feel like you are right now, i get to that point rather often lately, nothing to ask forgiveness for, rather ask can you help me, that we'd rather do.

It’s just I need help but no one can help me I been seeing things that aren’t there depression so bad I want to go home and anxiety is super high

50 minutes ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

It’s just I need help but no one can help me I been seeing things that aren’t there depression so bad I want to go home and anxiety is super high

are you seeing a professional for the seeing things that aren't there, taking medication,  why can't you go home, im sorry if i should already have read that somewhere by now,  this time of year is especially bad for folks like us with depression, try going out each day and getting some sunshine it can help, maybe doing daily exercise can help also

1 minute ago, surfcaster said:

are you seeing a professional for the seeing things that aren't there, taking medication,  why can't you go home, im sorry if i should already have read that somewhere by now,  this time of year is especially bad for folks like us with depression, try going out each day and getting some sunshine it can help, maybe doing daily exercise can help also

Yes am see a professional am taking meds 

when I say I want to go home as being dead

On 1/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, cherryapplez2020 said:

Hi cherry. I have severe anxiety and some depression too. Just because we have these conditions, it doesn't make us bad people. I don't think you are bad and I don't think I am bad.

I find acceptance helpful when I can manage it. Accepting my conditions and making the best of it. It helps me feel less afraid. Has your therapist mentioned anything like that to you? 

Hi everyone. I'm guessing the website was down for everyone yesterday? 

I missed you all. Not great sleep last night but not too awful. I should manage well enough today, even though I'm tired. 

Wishing you all a good day today and happy to be back 😊

Meh… 😑. At least I get out of the house today for awhile even though it will be in crummy weather. Also, that game today…don’t care a bit! There is a good chance they will lose and many folks will not handle it well. This is one of the reasons I don’t care or get involved in fandom. Got enough going on and while sports can be a nice distraction for some, it just is not worth it to me.

I think the Bills and Buccaneers will win today.  The Chiefs will be gone and the Packers are already gone.  I think the Bengals will win the Super Bowl this year the one team pretty much nobody on earth would have picked to win the Super Bowl at the beginning of the year.

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hi cherry. I have severe anxiety and some depression too. Just because we have these conditions, it doesn't make us bad people. I don't think you are bad and I don't think I am bad.

I find acceptance helpful when I can manage it. Accepting my conditions and making the best of it. It helps me feel less afraid. Has your therapist mentioned anything like that to you? 

It’s just some times I feel like am not good enough because well not important 

its hard to accept when you feel out of control and yea my therapist has more then once

On 1/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, cherryapplez2020 said:

Am nothing but a disappointing person I feel so bad I can’t help people when am this low please forgive me

Don’t feel the need to apologise, I understand how and why you feel you need to, but we, the collective ‘us’ here, don’t expect your apologies. We are here to support you in the harder times, as you will be for us and others when you are up to it. Peace and love and understanding 🤗🤗

On 1/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, ladysmurf said:

accepting the fact that you will always be alone in this world because people cant accept this illness or are afraid of it .......terrible feeling.....

makes me want to give up and not try at all..what's the point?

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Struggling with people being here at mom's so long tonight. I'm tired. I've had enough of people for one day but can't get away 😔

A lot of my family is like that too.  Being at their house is like being at the bus station.  It's neverending and makes me want to run for my life the whole time I'm there.  

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hi everyone. I'm guessing the website was down for everyone yesterday? 

I missed you all. Not great sleep last night but not too awful. I should manage well enough today, even though I'm tired. 

Wishing you all a good day today and happy to be back 😊

Thank you Nightjar!    😀

8 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Meh… 😑. At least I get out of the house today for awhile even though it will be in crummy weather. Also, that game today…don’t care a bit! There is a good chance they will lose and many folks will not handle it well. This is one of the reasons I don’t care or get involved in fandom. Got enough going on and while sports can be a nice distraction for some, it just is not worth it to me.

Glad you went out. Which game ?  NFL?   I watch some cricket this morning from South Africa.   Weather here is awful with freezing rain. 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, iWantRope said:

Please note that this website has no volunteer certified or trained to advise any sort of solution, if that is what you're asking

Also: people will only talk to you if you have something they want, or want you to do something for them. The moment you don't have or do it for them anymore, you won't be hearing a sound from them

IWantRope,  I want to visit Singapore 🇸🇬!   Any tips you can offer?    How are you doing ?