How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

The snow truck is actually stuck in front of my house.  It's going to be one of those days.  I bet there is a foot of snow out there.  It's one of those days you go out and don't even know where to begin.  The county actually closed all of the roads.  I've never even heard of that in my whole life.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:57 PM, cherryapplez2020 said:

Haven’t been in a good place 

hugs to everyone 

I’m sorry to hear that cherry 😞 I have also not been in a good place. I’ve had a really bad mental relapse and I’m keeping it from my family. My sibling is also here after moving out 8 years a go because they also had a mental breakdown. Everyone in my family is depressed so it’s hard to find hope and comfort in them. It can feel hopeless but I hope we push through to get to a better place that makes life worth whole while we’re here. Hugs to you too !

5 hours ago, June322 said:

Sounds like so much fun! Hope you have a great trip ! Enjoy it 🙂 

Thanks, it was great. The gremlin on my shoulder was telling me not to go but I'm so glad I did. I had a bit of bonding time with big sis and enjoyed the beautiful countryside. Winner 💖

5 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Glad you're ok. Do you mean you want to leave your town? 

I meant there isn't any way on earth of getting down my driveway.  I just got a phone call.  One of the big things that was going on behind the scenes that I wasn't talking about was my aunt was in the hospital for 2 weeks with covid.  She passed away today.😢

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I meant there isn't any way on earth of getting down my driveway.  I just got a phone call.  One of the big things that was going on behind the scenes that I wasn't talking about was my aunt was in the hospital for 2 weeks with covid.  She passed away today.😢

Oh god, so sorry to hear that sober 😢

@Nightjar I just made it back from my trip out, there was nothing going to stop me from getting things done, but the bank was closed. Everything was planned perfectly but i didnt know it was a holiday. Took 30 minutes to get the car scrapped. The trip was risky but worth it. 😊lol

10 minutes ago, watalife said:

@Nightjar I just made it back from my trip out, there was nothing going to stop me from getting things done, but the bank was closed. Everything was planned perfectly but i didnt know it was a holiday. Took 30 minutes to get the car scrapped. The trip was risky but worth it. 😊lol

Nice work wata 😁

On 1/14/2022 at 8:19 AM, Nightjar said:

So I did the deed. I was nervous about it but I got it done. I gave a reason - that it wasn't helping my sleeping issues... So I wasn't just blunt and saying bye with no explanation.... 

Anyway, she probably won't buy what I said but that's hers to deal with 🤷‍♀️ I've been questioning its helpfulness for weeks now. I don't want to give anyone any more money when I don't actually want to be there. I was feeling obliged to go. 

High Five!!!!!   You did it.   👍👍😀

1 hour ago, watalife said:

Glad you went out.  Sorry you did not know it is a holiday today. Doctor Martin Luther King Jr birthday.  

Edited by duck

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, must be hard with the snow on top of covid restrictions 

On 1/16/2022 at 7:04 PM, iWantRope said:

Now you've got me envious…wait, what is "snow"?

I live in a tropical country near the equator, where it's NEVER below 81 deg F all year round, day & night…so I don't think I've ever seen this "snow" thing. 

81 degrees year round… 😳!!!  It only gets that warm in July and August here…perhaps a few scattered days in June and September as well. But the weather here sucks for most of the time…including today. There’s close to 2 feet of snow on the ground right now…all in the last 24 hours as well. 

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

So the storm is over.  I checked on everyone I know and they're fine and I'm fine.  We got 16.5 inches of snow here.:ermm:

It seems for once they were correct (at least in my area) on the severity of this storm. Last I heard the total was around 20 inches. And looks like it will stick around for awhile. Maybe we will see the grass in tge backyard again by Easter time??? 🤨 

I'm doing good, considering the family stuff over the past two weeks.  I did research to find a workable solution to the many issues others in the family are having, & wrote out each with pros & cons when confronted again.

Spoke with an aunt (in Iowa) & a cousin (in Minnesota) both reported lots of snow. Begged them to keep the white stuff. Please. please, pretty please keep that nasty white stuff.

Want to know something they find funny, my city & several other cities in the metro area shut down when we get more than 2 feet of snow!  And it's not because of snow but more of the ice that forms on the roads.

Stay safe & warm friends but please pretty please don't send that white stuff my way.  

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

My condolences on your loss. 💐 

19 hours ago, sober4life said:

The snow truck is actually stuck in front of my house.  It's going to be one of those days.  I bet there is a foot of snow out there.  It's one of those days you go out and don't even know where to begin.  The county actually closed all of the roads.  I've never even heard of that in my whole life.

Yep, you know it's bad when the snow truck is stuck in the snow. What's with the crazy weather all across the country? They say it's climate change, but it seems a bit sudden.

Along these lines, we've had massive rain and people's houses have slid down the hillside. These seem to be multi-million dollar homes, too, stable since they were built who knows how long ago. They say the people lost everything, but they've got to have money (and insurance) to be able to afford living here... they'll do fine, no doubt.

I believe climate change is probably real but it's typical politics.  They choose a side they think you can't go against.  You're not going to say no I hate the earth.  I refuse to try to save it.  So politicians choose real problems as a way to push forward their money making agendas.  They don't care whatsoever about anything they pretend to fight for.  They just want to be like Scrooge McDuck in a huge castle filled with money.  What's causing global warming?  Maybe it's all the hot air from all the bull we hear from people all the time on a regular basis.  No I bet it's the cows or whatever other creature they find that can't stand up for itself like blaming the deer for spreading covid.

Edited by sober4life