How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Not much peace here at mom's as usual. She's always calling people in to do this or that for her. I rarely do that and I normally spend most of my time alone. Its not so easy for me.

This week hasn't been so bad though. I feel relieved to be away from my neighbours. They are completely under my skin. I am planning to go back there today though to do some yoga and take a bath.

Have a good Saturday everyone. 

I don't know why I keep looking at the weather forecast.  It says we're getting 12 inches of snow now.  This is 12 inches that are going to mostly fall from 11 PM to 4 AM so we're going to get absolutely hammered.

Edited by sober4life

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I don't know why I keep looking at the weather forecast.  It says we're getting 12 inches of snow now.  This is 12 inches that are going to mostly fall from 11 PM to 4 AM so we're going to get absolutely hammered.

I do the same thing, this time though i am like an hour or so away from the rain snow line so no snow this time, but being 2 blocks from the east coast we are getting high wind and flooding even though my area never floods all around us does

Yeah I'm not afraid of the snow anymore.  I have all the supplies I need and I hope for the best.  It's rare that they come right out and say we're going to get a foot of snow here.  I have to look on the bright side though.  The state snow trucks are amazing.  They'll get us through this.  As far as the backroads go this is an area with all small towns.  Everyone knows everyone including the ones that drive the snow plows.  They've been hearing about the storm from everyone they know for a week.  I'm not going to worry.

Rough night. I don't know what stories narc mom has been telling about me but I can hazard a guess. I saw a family member today I haven't seen in years and I got the impression that he thought I was a complete hermit or something... I could be wrong here but narc mom tells all kinds of stories. 

The things he was saying were strange and didn't seem to make sense. It did seem like he held the belief I was a hermit. I know she loved telling that story for a good while so maybe he does think like that. And he seemed confused when I said I was moving away.  ...Also kept saying strange things about me leaving the city and not going too far haha 😢

Edited by Nightjar

20 hours ago, Epictetus said:

A lady I met today told me she lost her newborn baby to the SARS-CoVid.  I hear bad news all the time, but for some reason that really affected me.  When I was alone, I just cried. 

Hugs to everyone here.

Hugs to you too.   We are here to support each other.   

I have been busy taking our vehicles to the shop and getting repairs done.  I cry because I used to repair our vehicles but since my major illness I cannot do things like before.  

I pulled a muscle in my back.  It hurts to move.  I still keep moving as much as possible. I am out of shape.  I need to find a trainer and get back into shape.  

12 minutes ago, duck said:

I have been busy taking our vehicles to the shop and getting repairs done.  I cry because I used to repair our vehicles but since my major illness I cannot do things like before.  

I pulled a muscle in my back.  It hurts to move.  I still keep moving as much as possible. I am out of shape.  I need to find a trainer and get back into shape.  

i know that feeling,  once pulled a muscle bending over to pick up my shoes, keeping moving always helped me.

8 hours ago, duck said:

Similar in my case. Gone are the days when any problem fixed itself automagically. The doctor recommends PT for anything and everything. In the past, I was sort of told to tough it out. That's just the magic of aging 😂😥

11 hours ago, surfcaster said:

i know that feeling,  once pulled a muscle bending over to pick up my shoes, keeping moving always helped me.

The last time I pulled a muscle I was stretching to put my coffee mug clear over on the holder in the passenger door so I could make room for the 3 other coffees I thought I needed in the mug holders on my side.🤭

On 1/15/2022 at 12:27 PM, Extremebeginner said:

Snow is great! There is no grass to cut or water. A foot or two for here in the next 48 hours..... We each find our peace with something right....

Agreed!  No bugs either.  😀

On 1/16/2022 at 3:27 AM, Extremebeginner said:

Snow is great! There is no grass to cut or water. A foot or two for here in the next 48 hours..... We each find our peace with something right....

Now you've got me envious…wait, what is "snow"?

I live in a tropical country near the equator, where it's NEVER below 81 deg F all year round, day & night…so I don't think I've ever seen this "snow" thing. 

Edited by iWantRope

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I didn't do too bad today on 5 hour's sleep. I had waves of anxiety but also waves of enjoyment 🤪 I got outside for a bit and was semi productive. Thats a win for me 🤟

Nite folks 😘

Hope you get a good nights rest 😀

8 minutes ago, duck said:

I watched NFL.   😀

Sorry about all the snow coming your way Sober.   

I'm actually watching the NFL too.  I don't really watch much sports anymore but I think it would be great if the Steelers won tonight.  Nobody on earth thinks they are going to win but me.🥺

6:30 pm nadir is approaching. Everything seems bleak now. I know it will slowly pass and I will feel kind of normal around 9 pm. It goes this way most days. I wonder if it is related to caffeine withdrawal. I drink a single mug every morning around 7 am. Used to be two mugs, but that keeps me awake at night these days.