How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Yeah they can't make this worse.  My life is like the life of the stink bug.  He flies around and hits things all day.  If you accidentally knock him into the trash he just stays in the trash because that's not any worse than the rest of his life.

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah they can't make this worse.  My life is like the life of the stink bug.  He flies around and hits things all day.  If you accidentally knock him into the trash he just stays in the trash because that's not any worse than the rest of his life.

You help me a lot just saying

I want to let my therapist go today 😬 Can anyone give me tips on how to word the message. It will be a text 😬 I was thinking of saying...

Hi....I would like to finish the counselling sessions. Thank you for all of your help. 

.. It seems a bit short and like I'm brutally ending a relationship. It does feel like a relationship that I'm sort of stuck in. But I want out. And I don't think I should feel obliged to explain myself. Any ideas on other ways to word it that may be a little less brutal? I don't want to suck up or sugar coat it though 🤔

Thanks, NJ

Edited by Nightjar

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I want to let my therapist go today 😬 Can anyone give me tips on how to word the message. It will be a text 😬 I was thinking of saying...

Hi....I would like to finish the counselling sessions. Thank you for all of your help. 

.. It seems a bit short and like I'm brutally ending a relationship. It does feel like a relationship that I'm sort of stuck in. But I want out. And I don't think I should feel obliged to explain myself. Any ideas on other ways to word it that may be a little less brutal? I don't want to suck up or sugar coat it though 🤔

Thanks, NJ

Just be truthful, and you will be fine. They are used to being told its over, just say its no longer helping to develop, and you cannot afford to keep paying for something that is no longer effective or helping. Good luck, it is simple once its done.

So my therapist asked me what I do for fun ..(this is a new person I am seeing) I mean there' snot much you can do with covid right now and i didn't really know how to answer that. I mean i told the person, people are afraid to go out, and many places are limited..

9 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Thanks, NJ

Whenever i ended with a therapist i always said something along the lines of, i appreciate the time we had working on my issues but i believe we have taken this as far as you and i can, i hope you understand but i plan to seek alternate counsel that maybe i connect with better

On 1/12/2022 at 8:31 AM, sober4life said:

I wish there were a limit to the badness. Sadly, it seems things always can get worse. I recall a Mad Mag piece about someone walking into a cathedral seeking inspiration and instead finding a severed finger. At times like those, I usually think to myself, "See, that's what was missing!"

5 hours ago, Skylarswims said:
It feels like nobody likes me or wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to be my friend. It feels like barely even anyone wants to text with me/hangout with me. It feels like I am invisible like some people don't even notice me. It makes me feel sad and lonely because it feels like nobody wants to be my friend

Sometimes people dont realize how their actions, inactions or lack of understanding affects some people,  sure there are cruel people but i believe the majority are just concerned with what affects themselves

Well after speaking with my therapist, I am feeling a bit better about things as I head out of town for the weekend. Still not sure how it will go but I will try my best.  There is nothing I can do about the storm that is coming in a few days and I have to force myself to remember that. It is going to suck but it is Janaury and winter…so of course there will be snow. And my location is far from the only one who will be impacted by it.

So I did the deed. I was nervous about it but I got it done. I gave a reason - that it wasn't helping my sleeping issues... So I wasn't just blunt and saying bye with no explanation.... 

Anyway, she probably won't buy what I said but that's hers to deal with 🤷‍♀️ I've been questioning its helpfulness for weeks now. I don't want to give anyone any more money when I don't actually want to be there. I was feeling obliged to go. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

So I did the deed. I was nervous about it but I got it done. I gave a reason - that it wasn't helping my sleeping issues... So I wasn't just blunt and saying bye with no explanation.... 

Anyway, she probably won't buy what I said but that's hers to deal with 🤷‍♀️ I've been questioning its helpfulness for weeks now. I don't want to give anyone any more money when I don't actually want to be there. I was feeling obliged to go. 

I'm proud of you.  I wish I was as strong as you.  I worry about confrontation so I would probably say something like I sold the house and I'm moving in with aunt Edna in Germany.  You don't have an aunt Edna though.  Nope.  Maybe the truth is easier.🤔

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It has to work for you not her, they are actually used to people coming and going, you did the right thing for you

although i am able to support others and offer input i still do not know how to help myself from wanting to end my life, sounds completely stupid i know but i just can't , it's like the input i give out somehow does not apply to me, even though i should know better, i wonder sometimes why would anyone read my posts about how i am doing and then put any faith in what i offer others.

A little nervous but the anxiety is not running away this time, which is a victory. My living situation may be changing in a few weeks and the future is uncertain. I guess it's always uncertain, right? Except for the sun coming up. . .

A lady I met today told me she lost her newborn baby to the SARS-CoVid.  I hear bad news all the time, but for some reason that really affected me.  When I was alone, I just cried. 

Hugs to everyone here.

9 hours ago, surfcaster said:

although i am able to support others and offer input i still do not know how to help myself from wanting to end my life, sounds completely stupid i know but i just can't , it's like the input i give out somehow does not apply to me, even though i should know better, i wonder sometimes why would anyone read my posts about how i am doing and then put any faith in what i offer others.

Yeah, I'm full of it when giving advice to others, but I have many, many issues in my own life which I haven't been able to 'fix' 🤔 

Saying that, I don't find your advice condescending at all and it doesn't feel like you are poking your nose in, so that's good 👍 You seem to give advice respectfully. I try to do the same 🤞

Sorry to hear that you often think of ending it. I've experienced periods where that happens too. 

FWIW you are appreciated here and I hope today is a good one for you ☀️

Edited by Nightjar

5 hours ago, Epictetus said:

A lady I met today told me she lost her newborn baby to the SARS-CoVid.  I hear bad news all the time, but for some reason that really affected me.  When I was alone, I just cried. 

Hugs to everyone here.

That's really sad Epic. Sorry to hear that 😢