How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

It has been a rough first week.  I need to realize there's no real chance of having a normal life here in the winter.  Every winter I have to wonder if I'm going to make it at all.  It's too much stress for someone as sick as I already am.

I did some meditation and it was good. But three minutes afterwards I felt like sh*t again.. I'm having a hard time on my 'rest' day. I think I'm gonna get the yoga mat out and see if I can get any more relaxed before the evening. Hopefully I can watch some movies in peace 🤞

I am watching Magnum PI.  This is the remake.  I like it.   😀

I was feeling Nauseous today.  Could be side effects from my medication Ozempic.   

Snowing again today.  It looks beautiful.  

Wasn’t a great week for me either. My seasonal affective depression has really kicked in now with the recent snow event. Plus, the really cold temps are sticking around for awhile with little moderation. I am so bad with this that I keep my blinds closed and work in minimal light during the day so I do not have to look at the snow outside my window.

And work…it has been issue after issue of late and it takes 2 or more emails usually for my boss to respond. Frustrating!

1 hour ago, Extremebeginner said:

I feel decent this hour, one of my objectives from a long time ago was to make homemade soup. Today was that day, proud of myself for once. Sweet potato and parsnip with corriander, if anyone wants to pop over

Yum. Be there tomorrow for left overs? 😁

13 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Did okay today.  We'll see about tomorrow.  Hugs to everyone!

Thanks you Epictetus!  I hope you have a good day your self. 

1 hour ago, Extremebeginner said:

I feel decent this hour, one of my objectives from a long time ago was to make homemade soup. Today was that day, proud of myself for once. Sweet potato and parsnip with corriander, if anyone wants to pop over

Yum Yum 😋 

It does bring back good childhood memories.  We would work all day and have something in the crockpot every weekend.  Sometimes it was soup or chili or roast.  I would give anything to be able to go back in time and spend a week as me at about 10 years old maybe.🥺

2 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Its -25 deg C outside, so the warmth was just what I needed…..

there are no leftovers unfortunately because I purposely made extra so it can be shared.

Please FedEx some to me.   I am freezing in Alberta.  -23 Celsius/-12 F

Edited by duck

My head is a total mess right now….so much going on and now something else has been thrown into the mix to make things even worse. I haven’t been doing well to begin with and I fear things are about to get much worse. I have little support and I know I continue to be judged on a regular basis.  My therapist always tells me to reach out to him in between appointments if I need to. Looks like I might just have to do that. Even just talking with him for 10 or 15 minutes would help some.

3 hours ago, monicott17 said:

My head is a total mess right now….so much going on and now something else has been thrown into the mix to make things even worse. I haven’t been doing well to begin with and I fear things are about to get much worse. I have little support and I know I continue to be judged on a regular basis.  My therapist always tells me to reach out to him in between appointments if I need to. Looks like I might just have to do that. Even just talking with him for 10 or 15 minutes would help some.

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much.  :hugs:

Lost.

There's a painfully empty spot in my heart given by Alan when he left the world (and me) behind. Yes, I can watch his movies and such, but it's not the same and it will never be the same no matter how much or how hard I try to pretend otherwise.

He was (and still is) my everything and I miss him every second of every day that he is no longer here. And, as dumb as this sounds, he was and is the only person who ever truly understood me regardless of having never met him. Love knows no reasons or bounds and I await the day we are reunited a lot more than I probably should.

Today has been pretty good. I slept fairly well and managed to relax for a bit this am at my house. I did a bit of yoga and went down to the shops. Feel less anxious 👌 

Edited by Nightjar

I would write something more in-depth in a document or something about how I feel but I'm honestly afraid because there's some part of me that hates making anyone else feel bad. And I know I don't have to let people read it but still.

So for now, I'm just going to say I'm emotional and very close to tears.

I'm vacationing in the Covid suites of the Meriter resort hospital right now. Got progressively sicker over 3 weeks and almost kicked the bucket last Thursday. Got to the ER just in time. Feeling much better but recovery is going to be very long.