How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Happy winter solstice and New Year!

This reminds me of the some of the local slogans to warn drunk drivers:

Drive hammered, get nailed
Over the limit, under arrest
Drunk, drugs or high, it's a DUI

Emotional. I just watched the ball drop on TV with my husband and I started thinking about what an awful year this has been, losing my mom and my uncle, and I just started tearing up. I really, really don't want to jinx it but I hope 2022 is better to my family. 

8 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Doing okay today.  I think I may be losing some weight due to my diet and exercise.  Have more energy.  Hope I can keep the weight off.  Hugs and Happy New Year to everyone!

That sounds great. I'd really like to lose 30 pounds this year and clean up my diet.... Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps. Do you have any tips for success? 🤔

I think the biggest thing for me is I stopped feeling guilty or bad about anything I eat.  I don't fall into that trap anymore.  I always reward myself for what I see as big accomplishments too.  I enjoy eating.  Everyone does.  I also have a mindset of I'm good enough however I am.  So I don't let my mind beat me up or manipulate me anymore like it used to.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I think the biggest thing for me is I stopped feeling guilty or bad about anything I eat.  I don't fall into that trap anymore.  I always reward myself for what I see as big accomplishments too.  I enjoy eating.  Everyone does.  I also have a mindset of I'm good enough however I am.  So I don't let my mind beat me up or manipulate me anymore like it used to.

I don't hate my body or beat myself up for over-indulging too much but I definitely use food to regulate my emotions, particularly sugar. Without my sugar addiction, I would be drug free and healthier but it would be one hell of a battle for me to quit 🤔 I've done battle with caffeine and nicotine in my lifetime but I'm not feeling anywhere near brave enough to do battle with sugar 🤔 At least not now. 

I don't do my body any favours with my high sugar consumption and I'm aware of that. I am harming myself, I realise. I don't like it but I would need to be in a better place to quit. 

I sometimes think that I would have done better to quit sugar over caffeine but that's the way it panned out, I guess. 

Yeah I use food and coffee to regulate my emotions.  I have to be my own doctor and do this like a scientist.  I sure don't trust anyone else to do it.  I do it the weight watchers way.  I'm not giving up anything food wise.  It's impossible to give up sugar and be happy here in Ohio because nobody else does it here.  I'm not going to be the one eating carrots and celery while everyone else is eating pizza and cake.  I have to survive the environment I have to live in.

48 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

im not going good, have a hard time getting out of bed...im sorry guys....i hope i can continue to do this but i dont know anymore......happy new year ...

Happy new year ladysmurf. You don't have to apologise to us for feeling down. I wish for something good to be on the way to you 😘

22 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Doing okay today.  I think I may be losing some weight due to my diet and exercise.  Have more energy.  Hope I can keep the weight off.  Hugs and Happy New Year to everyone!

Happy New Year Epictetus!    I am happy to hear you are losing weight.  I need to do  the same 😀

Edited by duck

I continue to struggle on a daily basis. Bad weather…mainly snow…is a anxiety trigger for me, always have been bothered by it but now it is a huge problem for me. Well, snow is coming and my part of the area will see the worst of it while nearby locations get merely a dusting. Afraid that is going to push me closer to my breaking point, which I am already dangerously close to because of the holidays and other stuff. 

Edited by monicott17

January is a tough month for me cause the anniversary of Alan's death is on the fourteenth.

I miss him so much it's not even funny, and, as selfish as this is, I wish I could go back in time and stop him from becoming ill in the first place. The world seems so colorless and bland without him.

I went to Costco this morning. It was very busy.  Parking was difficult to find and carts were unavailable.  I still enjoyed it.  

Then we went to Wendy’s for breakfast 😀

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I want to ride my wooden rocking horse the rest of the winter but I'd be afraid people might get the wrong idea and think I don't care anymore.

“The Rocking-Horse Winner “

People always get the wrong idea so I ignore them. 

Edited by duck

I'm still upset by being told to shut up the other night. I've been creeping around this house for three years for their sake. And they have been waking me up in the middle of the night for three years. Anyway, time for my meditation session 🤨

Hope everyone is doing ok. 

On 12/31/2021 at 9:59 PM, Epictetus said:

that's great that you are exercising and losing weight, keep up the great work