How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I am wishing everyone a Merry Christmas . Despite all "our battles " I hope you can win some joy out of this holiday. I am thankful for the past year. I found this forum and I found precious encouragement within here. Between here and a Chat site I attend daily I managed to live with my situation differently than a year ago. So thank you all and have a good Christmas - make the best possible out of it .💫 :MerryChristmas:

I shouldn’t have gone today. I was too tired and stressed and needed a mental health day. I bowed down to societal pressure and went out.. Screw that. There was no point me being there whatsoever. I was miserable. 

Gonna try not to do that again. Xmas day is one thing. Every other freaking day is something else. Even Xmas day. If you don't want to go, don't. Oh,  and... 

:snowman:

🤣

Edited by Nightjar

Best wishes to all!

This board has been a lifeline for me as I do not have really anyone to talk with about things outside of my once a week therapy session.

Uneasy and concerned about where things are headed, especially in my locale. Calm and rational thinking seem to be a thing of the past and decisions are made in a panic instead of being well thought out.

5 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

How do u know if your in psychosis

I'm not sure.... I think paranoia and delusional thoughts.. Like 'The aliens are talking to me'.. A dream like state as far as I know.... Others probably have a better description. Do you think you are? Maybe call the doctor? Get in to hospital? 

6 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

How do u know if your in psychosis

I dont think you can actually tell many times. If you are at real risk of harming either yourself or others, and you seem to have lost touch with normality for a while, call 911 and explain. They will be able to help you with either a check up or admit you to hospital.

please call 911 and tell them it is for a psychiatric emergency.

your friend🤗🤗🤗

As I am going through something similar with my brother & his family & friends thinks he has lost touch with reality & his "doctor" told him he is saying bizarre things about being in contact with his deceased wife.  The family expert on all things depression,  came home from a  visit with the friends & "doctor" & did some research.

The difference between hallucination & delusion:

Hallucination refers to a state belonging to a person in which the person sees or believes in things that do not exist in reality or exists in reality in a different manner.  A real life example: a lady in former church was looking up at the ceiling, talking quietly to herself.  after church, a group of members were talking about her behavior because the lady told someone she was talking to the angels in heaven through a hole in the ceiling. I nearly got asked to leave the church by saying how do we know that she is not talking to the angels & maybe we should all be like her in our faith.

Delusion denotes a state in which a person believes something to be here despite having all the evidence pointing towards the falseness of that particular thing. A real life example:  My brother has in the past month, has been looking for his deceased wife.  He has called her no longer in service cell phone, looked her up on the internet. But when told that she is dead, he'll tell us that he knows she's dead & buried in the cemetery with our mom & dad.  And then he starts trying to tell us about thing he found online about his wife, within a 3 hour period with my brother, we had the same conversation 3a dozen + times about women with the same name as his wife that he found online with me saying that none of these women look anything like his wife.

Someone who develops psychosis will have their own unique set of symptoms and experiences, according to their particular circumstances.
But in general, four main symptoms are associated with a psychotic episode:

• hallucinations
  • delusions
  • confused and disturbed thoughts
  • lack of insight and self-awareness
  • One group I know of is National Suicide Prevention Lifeline --  1-800-273-8255 to talk with someone & they also have an online chat at suicidepreventionlieline.org 

And we are here for you too. You are stronger & braver than you believe yourself to be.

Edited by Forum Admin
No outside links! Read the ToS!

I guess I am in a good place too. My family all live in Europe, so I get to eat Shepherd’s pie with just my eldest son today. Lots of phone calls but as I get up late they will already be eating or out. Wish we could go out here but then maybe I don’t, as I wont have to force a smile.

my car’s parking brake froze on yesterday, so I am lighting up my fireplace, and making the lunch. That’s it and yes I’ve taken an anti anxiety pill too, just because I dont want to feel anything bad today. 
Hope for everyone reading on the forum today, something positive will happen for at least a short while. Big hugs for those who need them, piece of pie for those who are hungry and a shoulder right here for support.

2 hours ago, APFSDS said:

I cooked a stew I never thought I'd cook.
Proof that I'm a c**t.

I hate myself so much...

Dude, you cooked a stew you thought you couldn’t do. One great achievement for you, take the pat on the back, and try to see that you are not the bad person you think you are thinking you are.

now, let us know if it was tasty!

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not sure.... I think paranoia and delusional thoughts.. Like 'The aliens are talking to me'.. A dream like state as far as I know.... Others probably have a better description. Do you think you are? Maybe call the doctor? Get in to hospital? 

I don’t know am definitely not going to go to the hospital though going to ask the doctor soon 

6 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I dont think you can actually tell many times. If you are at real risk of harming either yourself or others, and you seem to have lost touch with normality for a while, call 911 and explain. They will be able to help you with either a check up or admit you to hospital.

please call 911 and tell them it is for a psychiatric emergency.

your friend🤗🤗🤗

It will be okay just scared myself 

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

It is very hard to tell because reality is whatever you think it is.  I know from experience your mind can make you think absolutely anything is true.  The best way to find out is to talk to someone you trust about what is going on.

I did they think am fine I don’t feel fine

I don't really know how to put any of this into words so I'm going to apologize in advance in case nothing makes sense.

I miss Alan Rickman so much it hurts (even though saying it hurts is an understatement at this point). Like yeah, I know he was sick and that it was his time, but I still feel as lost as I would had he just died yesterday instead of five years ago. I also know that grieving isn't a linear process no matter who or what you're grieving for, nor is there a set time for how long to grieve.

People have said it's stupid to still be mourning him so deeply but I can't help it. He was (and is) my everything, and I sometimes feel like he's the only one who will ever understand me, even though I never met him personally. The world feels so empty and colorless to me without him - in fact, I lost my innocence the day he left the world - and I don't know if I can ever regain it. 

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

As a friend I say get a different doctor.  The way they've been treating you has been very poor for a while now.

The doctor is doing the best she can it’s just med changes can make you go into psychosis as fair as people understanding am talking about family and the people I live with

@nojoyI tried to reply but it says hidden so yea crap I have to go back and read it again

Meh thank you I don’t even know what to say I feel fine but some things are just like wow and actually am not okay but I just got anther med change sigh make this stop

Edited by cherryapplez2020

I have been feeling increasingly uneasy and tense recently combined with missing my weekly therapy session was the cause I believe of a anxiety spike and minor panic attack yesterday. Nothing major happened that would have done it…my nieces and nephew were kinda loud and excited but that didn’t cause it. The weather was fine and I was at home so it had to be the growing amount of tension just came to a head.

Just had a good cry. I haven't done that in a while. It's always welcomed with me - a release. For the first time in months I fully relaxed today and I imagine that's how it happened.

I haven't done much past make a simple meal and a tiny bit of cleaning. I'm gonna scrub the bath and jump in before relaxing again this evening 🛀