How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I see some local tiny homes listed for under 10 thousand.  I wish I had one.  What I have now is too much to take care of.

I've thought about it...as long as you have a plot of land and utility hookups ready to go, it would be great. I've also thought about living in a mid-sized RV. Cops chase those around here though.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:05 PM, iWantRope said:

Except there is a possibility for a broken leg to fully heal. Has there ever been historical record of depression being cured fully? 

We would have to ask a corpse, I'm afraid...

On 12/14/2021 at 1:53 PM, monicott17 said:

Getting closer and closer to my breaking point. I can’t take much more of this. And knowing that I am basically powerless to change anything and that I am totally alone (outside of my once weekly therapy appointment) is a tough pill to swallow.  

All I can say is, I hear ya. I no longer have therapy appointments now that I'm unemployed and have no "health insurance." I rely on my cats for therapy now.

2 hours ago, imonlydreaming said:

Greetings!

I'm Bill. 54M. Central Maine. Depression has shaped the entirety of my life.
I think I've been good at times.

I'm home on my couch on mini-vacation following my 14th ketamine infusion this morning. We increased my dose to near-wonderful effect. I may have even tripped briefly.

I'm kinda' high right now. Sleepy. Nothing hurts.   

There's a warm fire in the oven

and it's cloudy outside.

Thanks for the update! I'd like to try that treatment sometime. I've heard many good things about it.

Just now, JD4010 said:

've thought about it...as long as you have a plot of land and utility hookups ready to go, it would be great.

It's what I looked for for a couple of year JD, while living in the RV park I was in.  My new spot is a purchased--partly financed-- lot, with utilities from the city.  This place is a 55-or-older community.  This is a different arrangement sort of.  Most here, of I think of maybe 150 or so spots, have their motor home or trailer on their lot, and either a shed, or a "casita."  Lots are big, and paved curving streets separate the dwellings.  I live in a small Jayco trailer, with a slideout, and it suits me.  I think prices for the lots--35 to 50 thousand in this cooler AZ valley--are still reasonable.  I know all the tiny alternatives are starting to go up in price. 

Bulgakov

8 hours ago, imonlydreaming said:

Greetings!

I'm home on my couch on mini-vacation following my 14th ketamine infusion this morning. We increased my dose to near-wonderful effect. I may have even tripped briefly.

and it's cloudy outside.

Welcome to the forum!   I am suffering from depression and severe anxiety.  Generally speaking my anxiety is under control.   

13 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yep, it's not too easy to find land to put a tiny home on in the UK otherwise we'd all be doing it lol. House prices are too much. Crazy crazy prices

How are you doing duck? 

I slept all day today but to be fair I did not sleep much last night.   It is very cold here.  Minus 21 Celsius/ minus 7 Fahrenheit.

Canada have open land for a country house.

Edited by duck

12 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I've thought about it...as long as you have a plot of land and utility hookups ready to go, it would be great. I've also thought about living in a mid-sized RV. Cops chase those around here though.

All we really need is one decent size room a shed with windows basically.  Those are the ones I see for under 10 thousand.  If you type in tiny home the ones that come up as shed are going to be cheaper because who would want to live in a shed they would think.  I know a guy that his mom kicked him out of the house and he's been living in her shed for I don't know 25 years now.  It has power and a tv and heat and everything.  Anyway you can do it.  If you see cabin or home in the description it's more expensive.

Just now, sober4life said:

All we really need is one decent size room a shed with windows basically.

Where I am there is a nearby shed and casita builder, Mr. Shed.  The sheds--8x10, but they come in lots of sizes---run about 3,000 to 5,000, but if you want it on a cement pad, that's extra, and you can have water and electric to them.  But, we have a housing code in this development, and you are not supposed to live in them.  If they get much above 8x10, there a local town rules about codes too.  A "casita" by the same builder, has room divisions, etc., and is in fact a small house that has to again conform to city building codes.  They cost anywhere from 30,000 up.  I plan to have a shed built in the next year I hope. 

I looked all over the southwest U.S. for a spot like I found.  I didn't want to be cutoff, isolated in location, and I wanted to be out of the suck.  Most of the land advertised for small areas at a great rate lacks access to civilization, or no utilities.  Gas, water, and electric are important.  Living off the grid makes a good tv series, but doing it takes a lot of preparation if you've going to be comfortable.

Bulgakov

21 hours ago, imonlydreaming said:

Greetings!

and it's cloudy outside.

hey did the insurance cover it? glad it's helping

3 hours ago, duck said:

Exhausted these days.  I went to bed at 6 pm yesterday and woke up at 2 am.   I am feeling ill.  Maybe flu.  Who knows. Did laundry and watched sports.  

Sorry to hear you're ill 🤒 Make sure you get plenty of rest and TV 😀 Thanks for reminding me, I need to do laundry too 👍

On 12/16/2021 at 6:40 AM, sober4life said:

All we really need is one decent size room a shed with windows basically.  Those are the ones I see for under 10 thousand.  If you type in tiny home the ones that come up as shed are going to be cheaper because who would want to live in a shed they would think.  I know a guy that his mom kicked him out of the house and he's been living in her shed for I don't know 25 years now.  It has power and a tv and heat and everything.  Anyway you can do it.  If you see cabin or home in the description it's more expensive.

I want to live like Bubbles on Trailer Park Boys, but I'm about to end up like Ricky. And my car is a lot smaller than the huge 1975 Chrysler Ricky sleeps in.

Edited by JD4010

7 hours ago, duck said:

Exhausted these days.  I went to bed at 6 pm yesterday and woke up at 2 am.   I am feeling ill.  Maybe flu.  Who knows. Did laundry and watched sports.  

My daughter and I are getting over a nasty virus. I recovered fairly quickly but she's still hacking like a drunk old golfer. Taking her to the urgent care later, to wait for 5 hours and get charged $500 just for showing up (neither one of us is insured now).

I hope you feel better soon, brother.

On 12/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, sober4life said:

I don't know what the code is.  I'm sure the government would expect him to pay them every year to live in his mom's shed and I'm sure he's been doing that.:unsure:

Can never be free from the ruling class.