How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

How do you know whether a new pain will go away by itself or require treatment? And whether or not you should stop exercising as a result?

During my days of youth, everything seemed to fix itself magically... but now I hear a lot about rotator cuff tears, bone-on-bone arthritis, etc. Some things will still fix themselves, others may not, so old age brings with a form of gambling, it seems. Got a new shoulder pain along these lines, so just wondering.

37 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

How do you know whether a new pain will go away by itself or require treatment? And whether or not you should stop exercising as a result?

During my days of youth, everything seemed to fix itself magically... but now I hear a lot about rotator cuff tears, bone-on-bone arthritis, etc. Some things will still fix themselves, others may not, so old age brings with a form of gambling, it seems. Got a new shoulder pain along these lines, so just wondering.

There's no way to know for sure without asking a doctor.  Most of the men in my family are active people their whole lives.  They get shoulders repaired and knees replaced.  All of them were people that would say if it hurts it means the exercise is working.  Hurt means rest.  If you want to keep exercising exercise other areas of the body but rest your arms.  I know with me I hurt somewhere every day.  I have for years.  Do we have to just accept this is the way things are?  Do we really have to gamble? 

6 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Day 5 of headache 😡🤢😖anyways my emotions have been changing very fast I felt every one of the feelings all in 7 hours for no reason 😖this can’t be normal 

Think you should consult a professional for the migraine. That alone will give you many feelings in short time. Do you have access to an emergency room or family doctor. I understand you may find it uncomfortable to ask just for a headache but 5 days isnt just a headache….. there may be a bacterial infection.

I'll be limping through today on little sleep. If it keeps going on here I guess I will go back to moms.. Anyway, I got my forms done yesterday with half brain power working and called the lawyer today. I'm going in to see her tomorrow to get the ball rolling. 

I don't know where I will go after this and whether I will buy again or not.. After everything I've been through with home ownership, its put me off a lot.. I'd be really happy with a tiny home in a rural setting. Wishful thinking maybe(?) 

36 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I'll be limping through today on little sleep. If it keeps going on here I guess I will go back to moms.. Anyway, I got my forms done yesterday with half brain power working and called the lawyer today. I'm going in to see her tomorrow to get the ball rolling. 

I don't know where I will go after this and whether I will buy again or not.. After everything I've been through with home ownership, its put me off a lot.. I'd be really happy with a tiny home in a rural setting. Wishful thinking maybe(?) 

I hope you have a great day.  :hugs:

Tiny home in the country sounds nice.  

On 12/14/2021 at 6:24 AM, cherryapplez2020 said:

Am so depressed and all I think is

whats wrong with me

There is nothing wrong with you. We all are probably in the same boar. You are truthful about how you feel. Many of us hide it. Better to be truthful than hide.

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Rural setting is what I like too.

11 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Day 5 of headache 😡🤢😖anyways my emotions have been changing very fast I felt every one of the feelings all in 7 hours for no reason 😖this can’t be normal 

You need to seek a Doctor at the earliest. This does not seem normal.

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I see some local tiny homes listed for under 10 thousand.  I wish I had one.  What I have now is too much to take care of.

They seem great don't they? My only concern would be that the roof might be a bit thin and that the rain could keep me awake 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

3 hours ago, duck said:

I hope you have a great day.  :hugs:

Tiny home in the country sounds nice.  

Yep, it's not too easy to find land to put a tiny home on in the UK otherwise we'd all be doing it lol. House prices are too much. Crazy crazy prices

How are you doing duck? 

i went for a quick walk, had a talk with a person i was in the hospital with (years ago) we have managed to keep in contact for like almost 10 years, so that's exciting. i wish i could meet the person , but with covid everyone is scared and so i don't see that happening.

i hope everyone is doing OK.

this illness is certainly a daily constant battle. just the other day i woke up wishing i wasn't here.

Greetings!

I'm Bill. 54M. Central Maine. Depression has shaped the entirety of my life.
I think I've been good at times.

I'm home on my couch on mini-vacation following my 14th ketamine infusion this morning. We increased my dose to near-wonderful effect. I may have even tripped briefly.

I'm kinda' high right now. Sleepy. Nothing hurts.   

There's a warm fire in the oven

and it's cloudy outside.

11 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Think you should consult a professional for the migraine. That alone will give you many feelings in short time. Do you have access to an emergency room or family doctor. I understand you may find it uncomfortable to ask just for a headache but 5 days isnt just a headache….. there may be a bacterial infection.

Well it is kinda normal for me I hade one that lasted two weeks anyways I see the doctor Monday and on 6 days now