How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

On 11/30/2021 at 5:09 AM, iWantRope said:

So which retirement 'number' did you hit; retirement age, or the number on your bank account?

62. I was laid off in Feb 2020.  After my severance was done I collected unemployment til Dec of 2020.  I am now collecting my pension and Social Security.  My husband is 4  years younger than me and carry’s the health insurance.  If I wasn’t married, I probably would have to work.

I've stayed in for two days to try to relax and because I've had stomach cramps.... Only problem now is (lol) that I feel anxious because I haven't been out and I didn't see the daylight today... I have to go the house in the morning so I'll be up and out early tomorrow, thankfully. The buyer wants another look at the house 🏡

I've been busy doing a bunch of stuff today.  That's all life is going from one thing to the next fixing things and that makes you find something else and something else.  I'm just going to sit here and watch tv the rest of the weekend.  I do have to laugh.  The rabbits tore up something and actually made it better than it was before so the hell with fixing it.😏

There is something I really do not want to do. At all…for a number of reasons.  No one (other than my therapist) seems to respect my decision or want to have a discussion with me about it. Unfortunately, things are escalating and it looks like I may not have a choice in the matter here really soon, especially where I live. I am not dealing with this well at all and it is legit making me feel sick.

31 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

There is something I really do not want to do. At all…for a number of reasons.  No one (other than my therapist) seems to respect my decision or want to have a discussion with me about it. Unfortunately, things are escalating and it looks like I may not have a choice in the matter here really soon, especially where I live. I am not dealing with this well at all and it is legit making me feel sick.

What's happening? Or are you not able to discuss it on a public forum?

Whatever the case, I hope everything goes well for you.

16 hours ago, duck said:

Congrats NightJar 😀👍.   I am happy for you.  

On Friday December 3,  I am having dental surgery.  He will remove all four of my wisdom teeth. 😬😬

Best wishes, brother. I had that done too. Not a lot of fun for the first few days, but it gets better before long.

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

That's all life is going from one thing to the next fixing things and that makes you find something else and something else

As long as it is in a positive way - Good for you 🙂 My things usually go from one the the next thing as well ... not fixing stuff- but life in general. Sometimes it brings a smile onto my face and sometimes causes sort of anxiety. Wish the " unexpected" would make up it's mind

2 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Best wishes, brother. I had that done too. Not a lot of fun for the first few days, but it gets better before long.

Thank you JD!   I am at home resting.  I hope you have a great weekend 😀🎶

Over the holidays I heard the stories of how my family made it to this country.  One side of the family was actually kicked out of their country and the other side of the family came here on a ship.  It was a husband and a wife with 7 kids and the husband died during the trip.  So she arrived here with 7 kids and with nothing and somehow I'm here today.  It shows why I am who I am.  I'm an outsider that never gives up.

17 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm just running out the clock, waiting for the final buzzer to go off. Wish it would hurry the f**k up.

Hey JD. It's nice to hear from you. I've been wondering how you are and hoping that your situation has been moving in the right direction... 

I'm right there with you in having to stay with someone who has made me very ill in the past. I'm guessing that's what's happening? 

However,

1. It doesn't have to be forever... 

2. We have survived this before. 

3. We're different people now and less likely to lay down to be abused. I simply said to narc mom the other night 'Don't be horrible to me' and it completely shut her down 😀

4. We can find ways to cope with the uncomfortable situation, finding time alone, spending time away from the house, going to bed early etc etc. 

5. Kindness and humour can go a long way towards diffusing negative situations. Try to be kind and keep the good vibes flowing as much as possible. 

I feel very trapped right now because I'm here and feeling unwell, not knowing how I will get out. But I can and I will. I've done it before, I will do it again. You can too dude. As soon as you are able to get work again or find an alternative. Good luck 🍀

I say all this as I spin out with worry and can't sleep as a result... It's not easy, not at all.. But we can survive and do our best. I know you can do it. 

Will you get more time with your daughter there? Can your cats come with you? Are there positives you can think of? 

Ps. Please ignore where applicable. 

Love NJ

Edited by Nightjar

17 hours ago, JD4010 said:

What's happening? Or are you not able to discuss it on a public forum?

Whatever the case, I hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks..apologies for being vague as I have no issue discussing it but it is uh, a controversial topic to say the least and some other forums I post on do not allow that topic any longer because things get heated. Let’s just say that if I don’t do this, in my locale…I will not be allowed to be in bars, restaurants, gyms and other venues. Also, this could end up costing me my job. Although, I am not as upset about that as my job is awful and this could be my way out.

I am still recovering my dental surgery.  I am clenching my teeth often.  I hope it does not become a habit.  

I am watching romance movies on the women's network.  They help me relax.