How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

10 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Wish I could do the same! But the lack of income would be a problem. I wish I were one of those "discouraged workers" who don't figure into the official gov't unemployment stats, yet can somehow live. How do they do it?

Yeah. Me too. I can't afford to retire either. I'm 62 so I can draw on social security but it doesn't nearly cover monthly expenses. I need to find a mindless job somewhere very soon. 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I know you can get your house sold and move somewhere where you can find peace. 

I hope so 🤞

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

You're much stronger than I am.

I doubt that 🤔

Thanks for the encouragement. A bit of encouragement goes a long way. It doesn't come from anywhere else other than here and my therapist. Lol 🤨

Edited by Nightjar

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm still very irritable. I can't stand being near my mother at all. Granted, that's normal, but today it's worse 😬 I can't find the space I need here to relax.

I wish you all the strength to battle that entire situation and I am positive you will have that mastered some day. You seem like you can do it. But the irritable part I sadly can relate to and do not know how to handle it either. It goes by the day. Some are fine some are bad. It is not that I feel irritated towards others - just myself and the situation I am battling for almost 2 years now. But sometimes there is a light and I latch on to the rays and cling on. ( I know it is just a said "thing" but that is what it feels like ). It makes me smile internally and create hope and faith for the next day.But the next "glitch" ...I find myself at square one. .. that is what sucks... every time

On 11/28/2021 at 8:49 AM, Smcine said:

I feel good.  Retirement has done wonders for my mood.  That being said, I told my husband that I have been battling depression for almost 50 years.  Those times in my teens and 20’s I was very depressed and suicidal.  I feel good now, but man there were a lot of nights I prayed to God to take me.

So which retirement 'number' did you hit; retirement age, or the number on your bank account?

15 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm still very irritable. I can't stand being near my mother at all. Granted, that's normal, but today it's worse 😬 I can't find the space I need here to relax. Ugh. Anyway, I checked on the house again today. Everything is fine there luckily.... Tomorrow is the open day. I have to go there early for final prep. Lots of people coming 🤞🤞🤞I hope I can get this thing moving again. 

I am very angry.  Last night I was reading about disabled people experiencing discrimination and that made me angry.   I was upset all day.  

How are you today?

2 hours ago, duck said:
17 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I am very angry.  Last night I was reading about disabled people experiencing discrimination and that made me angry.   I was upset all day.  

It's true. There is a lot wrong in the world. Maybe you can make yourself feel better by helping a disabled person in some way? A kind deed? 

I get angriest when people hurt animals. I'd like to help animals more in some way 🤔

2 hours ago, duck said:

How are you today?

I'm nervous about my house open day and spaced out from lack of sleep. Oh, and emotional and irritable. Apart fron that, I'm doing ok lol 😂

I hope everyone is OK. I was just thinking about how much this illness has destroyed my life because it started at a young age, and no matter what I've tried from the medical field it has not been helpful, so I wonder do I really want to live like this for the rest of my life? Feeling miserable, sad, lonely , etc..

I'm ok today but I know the answer for me is to rest a couple of days and get back into a routine.  My mind "needs" the amped up feeling of the holidays and the stress of getting the covid shot or so it thinks.  What really needs to happen is I need to hide and get back on track.  No you don't need to get out of here brain!

On 11/28/2021 at 5:50 PM, iWantRope said:

LOL if you know everything you'd already be employed as a subject matter expert instead of being on disability

Just tell her to seek a professional to advise her, they can do a better job

(P.S. one who knows everything is not God, they are called "Consultants")

She just asked me another stupid question about Zoom.  I asked her “ Do I look like Google?

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm ok today but I know the answer for me is to rest a couple of days and get back into a routine.  My mind "needs" the amped up feeling of the holidays and the stress of getting the covid shot or so it thinks.  What really needs to happen is I need to hide and get back on track.  No you don't need to get out of here brain!

Glad to hear you are okay today 😀

9 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's true. There is a lot wrong in the world. Maybe you can make yourself feel better by helping a disabled person in some way? A kind deed? 

I get angriest when people hurt animals. I'd like to help animals more in some way 🤔

I'm nervous about my house open day and spaced out from lack of sleep. Oh, and emotional and irritable. Apart fron that, I'm doing ok lol 😂

Good night Nightjar!

Let us know how the house showing went. 

On 11/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, JD4010 said:

Yeah. Me too. I can't afford to retire either. I'm 62 so I can draw on social security but it doesn't nearly cover monthly expenses. I need to find a mindless job somewhere very soon. 

Fortunately (?), there are plenty of those around, since no one wants to work. The local gas station is advertising $20/hour. Probably a few bucks more once you move up from assistant gas pumper to associate gas pumper. Aren't we lucky? 🙄

Last night was hard work. I had a lot on my mind about the house sale and mom had wound me up a treat by simply not letting me be in the evening.I did 4 meditation sessions through the night so that I could get some patchy sleep. Happy at least that I got some sleep. Hopefully the house sale should be resolved today 🤞🤞🤞

There has been another viewing this morning. I'm waiting for the agent to call me and hopefully I can make some decisions. There has been one offer so far 👀