How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I feel good.  Retirement has done wonders for my mood.  That being said, I told my husband that I have been battling depression for almost 50 years.  Those times in my teens and 20’s I was very depressed and suicidal.  I feel good now, but man there were a lot of nights I prayed to God to take me.  I would wake up in the morning and be pissed that I was still here.  I finally found a good doc, and meds that worked and a very loving & supportive husband.

Today is one of those days. Chemicals in my brain are disbalanced, I feel really low and worthless. I'm trying to not hit myself with though thoughts, trying... 😓 triggers were trying to face what I fear the most: relationship. Still a long way to go regarding getting a more solid mental health. Who knows if I'll improve some day 😞 it takes work but it's hard. I hope you're doing better.

6 hours ago, Smcine said:

I feel good.  Retirement has done wonders for my mood.  That being said, I told my husband that I have been battling depression for almost 50 years.  Those times in my teens and 20’s I was very depressed and suicidal.  I feel good now, but man there were a lot of nights I prayed to God to take me.  I would wake up in the morning and be pissed that I was still here.  I finally found a good doc, and meds that worked and a very loving & supportive husband.

Good to hear that you feel good. We are all happy for you.

8 hours ago, watalife said:

Not good. I'm stuck at work by myself with No fun people to chat with. The new management is running off all the good workers and it's just me now. The other 2 people here are outside in there cars.

Hang on. Hope you get a good company.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:53 PM, sober4life said:

Yeah I am the one that takes care of all the graves for family.  I enjoy making things look nice honestly.  My OCD kicks in and I even clean the gravestones with magic erasers.

When I'm at the cemetary, I will walk around & replace flowers that fell out of the containers on other graves.  My mom did not like me doing that but I would hope that someone would do the same for my parents.

1 hour ago, nojoy said:

When I'm at the cemetary, I will walk around & replace flowers that fell out of the containers on other graves.  My mom did not like me doing that but I would hope that someone would do the same for my parents.

I know how you feel.  How did my OCD begin affecting me at cemeteries?  I used to mow the grass at cemetaries.  When I left for the day the whole place would look perfect.

46 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I'm done with holiday celebrations.  The last two days have been very hard on me.  I haven't slept at all since Thursday.  I feel worse than I have in a long time.

It's over now 🙏 I hope you can regain your equilibrium quickly 🧙‍♀️ = extra wizardy wishes 💙

I isolated my way through the Thanktaking holiday. Hung out with my kitties and ate convenience store fried chicken. Binged some old TV series on Netflix. Not a bad day!

I just found out someone I've followed on YouTube for years just died. His videos kept me laughing through the toughest times. Now he's gone, at age 57. RIP, Apetor. You were the best.

20 hours ago, Smcine said:

Congratulations on your retirement! I did that earlier this year and don't regret it. Except for the not having any income part. But I feel better in spite of that.

On 11/27/2021 at 5:24 AM, duck said:

My sister needs therapy!  She thinks I am God and I know everything!

LOL if you know everything you'd already be employed as a subject matter expert instead of being on disability

Just tell her to seek a professional to advise her, they can do a better job

(P.S. one who knows everything is not God, they are called "Consultants")

12 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Congratulations on your retirement! I did that earlier this year and don't regret it. Except for the not having any income part. But I feel better in spite of that.

Wish I could do the same! But the lack of income would be a problem. I wish I were one of those "discouraged workers" who don't figure into the official gov't unemployment stats, yet can somehow live. How do they do it?

15 hours ago, Nightjar said:

It's over now 🙏 I hope you can regain your equilibrium quickly 🧙‍♀️ = extra wizardy wishes 💙

I need to hide away for the next holiday like @JD4010did.  One side of the family is going away for Christmas so I guess I can tell the other side of the family I'm going with them and just hide here.🤔

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I need to hide away for the next holiday like @JD4010did.  One side of the family is going away for Christmas so I guess I can tell the other side of the family I'm going with them and just hide here.🤔

Why not? I know myself. I know that I can only handle so much family time before it makes me ill. I need lots and lots of alone time... If you need a break from the next one, take it. We are fully behind you :hugs:

I'm still very irritable. I can't stand being near my mother at all. Granted, that's normal, but today it's worse 😬 I can't find the space I need here to relax. Ugh. Anyway, I checked on the house again today. Everything is fine there luckily.... Tomorrow is the open day. I have to go there early for final prep. Lots of people coming 🤞🤞🤞I hope I can get this thing moving again. 

I couldn't stay with dad.  I remember the last time I tried there were 3 floors to the house and I could only stay for a weekend.  Probably 5 of those hours were even spent hiding in the bathroom.  I know you can do this @NightjarI know you can get your house sold and move somewhere where you can find peace.  You're much stronger than I am.  I'll probably never get out of here.