How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

I know I say I want a normal life but there's no way I could handle every day with people.  Having to put on a show Saturday and Sunday means I have to work every day the rest of the month in some way to get ready for the show I have to put on.  There's not a chance on earth I could do it every day.

Well thing is, us humans will adapt to most anything in order to survive.. I don't have much choice at the moment.

I'm trying to get as much positivity out of this situation as I can. I have to. But sometimes, like last night, I crumble. I was very rude to someone underneath my breath. I'm not proud of it but I felt like my boundaries had been overstepped and I lost it. Could have been worse I suppose.. 🤷‍♀️ Could have been a lot louder 😬

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well thing is, us humans will adapt to most anything in order to survive.. I don't have much choice at the moment.

I'm trying to get as much positivity out of this situation as I can. I have to. But sometimes, like last night, I crumble. I was very rude to someone underneath my breath. I'm not proud of it but I felt like my boundaries had been overstepped and I lost it. Could have been worse I suppose.. 🤷‍♀️ Could have been a lot louder 😬

I know how you feel.  I don't hold back anymore.  I try to be assertive with them and tough with them but I try to still be nice.  Holding back leads to things like mom when she sent Christmas cards to everyone with notes in them telling them exactly how she felt about them all or it's like a pressure cooker.  I might explode at a get together over the weekend.  I want them to know I'm tough and they can't mess with me anymore.  I'm a quiet reserved person for the most part but if they come at me I'm giving it right back.  I won't risk the build up to exploding moments anymore so I let it out a little at a time or everything comes out at once.  I'm not doing that anymore.

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I know how you feel.  I don't hold back anymore.  I try to be assertive with them and tough with them but I try to still be nice.  Holding back leads to things like mom when she sent Christmas cards to everyone with notes in them telling them exactly how she felt about them all or it's like a pressure cooker.  I might explode at a get together over the weekend.  I want them to know I'm tough and they can't mess with me anymore.  I'm a quiet reserved person for the most part but if they come at me I'm giving it right back.  I won't risk the build up to exploding moments anymore so I let it out a little at a time or everything comes out at once.  I'm not doing that anymore.

Good for you sober 💪 How is it going today? :hugs:

On 11/25/2021 at 12:15 PM, ladysmurf said:

Dont they have free classes at the library or nearby school? In my town library they have free classes for the older generation who isn't good with computers and needs to learn because everything is done online nowadays.

My sister needs therapy!  She thinks I am God and I know everything!

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Good for you sober 💪 How is it going today? :hugs:

I've felt mostly numb all day mentally.  It will be one of those days where I can't say much of what I did which sounds good I guess.  Who wants to remember?  Physically I'm hurting everywhere.  I don't know how things are going to go from here.  One day at a time.  I feel like I've aged about 15 years since mom passed away 3 years ago.

The post-Thanksgiving letdown is here, starting with Black Friday and continuing with the newly usual sequence of whatever days. If I were free, however, Jan. 2 might seem like a holiday of sorts, when you're able to do whatever you want while others are facing the renewed drudgery of the year just starting.

20 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yes I understand. Once in a while these outburst come. This causes irreparable damage to the relations. I have been trying to remain silent and move myself away from such situations when I recognize it. This has helped me. 

We sometimes need to assert without getting angry.

1 hour ago, watalife said:

I feel like everything is getting really bad again. Time to go stand on the bridge this time for real or live under the bridge. What a constant struggle. Exhausting this life. And all this at Christmas 😐

This appears to be a poetry.

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've felt mostly numb all day mentally.  It will be one of those days where I can't say much of what I did which sounds good I guess.  Who wants to remember?  Physically I'm hurting everywhere.  I don't know how things are going to go from here.  One day at a time.  I feel like I've aged about 15 years since mom passed away 3 years ago.

Yes one day at a time is the way ahead.

8 hours ago, watalife said:

I feel like everything is getting really bad again. Time to go stand on the bridge this time for real or live under the bridge. What a constant struggle. Exhausting this life. And all this at Christmas 😐

Oh god, what's happened? I know this time of the year is very tough on many of us.... The depressed in particular. At least the holidays don't last forever 😏

Today was rough again....I've been really irritable and I don't like having people chattering around me. It all seems so pointless to me. I'm trying not to be an a$$ and to be polite but there's not much chat coming from my direction. Lol 😑

Anyway, I've given up for the day and come to my room. At least I learned one new thing today and that's where to get cash in this area 🤔

Nite guys 😘 Hope your day is going better than mine 🥴