How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

On 11/21/2021 at 12:17 PM, Nightjar said:

A bit eurgh. Ug. Bored. Tired. Longing for good times and good friends... 

It's been a long time. Isn't it crazy that we may never be able to be around people without fear of covid again(?) 

I couldn't be around family for long today but I managed an hour or so.. 

Ug. Bored. 

I am afraid to be around people especially strangers.   I avoid public places as much as possible.  I have been staying home. 

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

i went for a walk, it's cold, the stores are busy, because people are getting ready for holidays, so when i passed by the plaza it was so busy.. i am trying to use the light therapy lamp to help me a bit because winters are tough for me.

I am proud of you for going for a walk.  I have been hiding in my igloo for days.  

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Truth is that you've overcome many obstacles, scaled mountains and crossed oceans to get to where you are now (metaphorically speaking). 

But how do you put that on a résumé?

That's what these reunions are: a résumé measuring & bragging contest. Frankly, mental health issues sufferers can't compete with those with no mental health problems whatsoever

Well chances are I would say I'm just as crazy as I was when I was in school.  If I showed up it would take a manic episode to get me there and who knows what I would say to them.  I'm honestly at this point not afraid to face any of them and I don't even remember their names.  I guess that's another big accomplishment not fearing the people from high school anymore.  Maybe I'll show up drunk.  Maybe the oh no I forgot to wear pants today dream will be a reality.🤔

6 hours ago, bellerose said:

My husband could tell i wasn't doing so good before i would acknowledge it to myself. That's a not good thing, but also it is.

It good that you came to know you aren't doing well. I think this is all that matters.

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

I can't come to terms with it.  Next year will be my 25 year high school reunion.  If I would go and they asked me what have you done since high school?  Shrugging my shoulders and saying I don't know or making some grunting sound or saying nothing wouldn't be a big stretch.  Someone that's been dressed as Alf or Batman since school probably amounted to more than me.

Ironically enough, I was voted "Most likely to succeed" in junior high all those years ago. Boy, did they get that one wrong! 😂

At least it's a source of comic relief nowadays. Humor can be a potent defense, even when the time comes to face the reaper.

11 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Ironically enough, I was voted "Most likely to succeed" in junior high all those years ago. Boy, did they get that one wrong! 😂

At least it's a source of comic relief nowadays. Humor can be a potent defense, even when the time comes to face the reaper.

I was voted most likely to dress like Big Bird which they got wrong.  The costume is way too big.  I had to get a smaller bird costume.

For months now I've been having nightmares and vivid dreams, I told the doctor but they don't go away...some days it scares me, but there's really nothing they can give me for them.

I went for a walk again around the block and now just doing some chores around the house. How are you guys doing?

7 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

For months now I've been having nightmares and vivid dreams, I told the doctor but they don't go away...some days it scares me, but there's really nothing they can give me for them.

I went for a walk again around the block and now just doing some chores around the house. How are you guys doing?

Same with me.  I am having four to five nightmares every night.  

I dragged my self to the mall today and had coffee with some friends.  I arrived late but they were happy to see me.  

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

I was voted most likely to dress like Big Bird which they got wrong.  The costume is way too big.  I had to get a smaller bird costume.

That's for the best if you want to attend the GOP convention, since Big Bird is persona non grata (bird non grata?) because of his tweet about getting vaccinated.

Speaking of big birds, happy Thanksgiving to all, even though it's a bit early.

I did three hours of cleaning.  That’s enough for one day.  I plan to do a bit each day.  

I am listening to music now. 😀

Good morning everyone! 😀

Edited by duck