Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

 A bit eurgh. Ug. Bored. Tired. Longing for good times and good friends... 

It's been a long time. Isn't it crazy that we may never be able to be around people without fear of covid again(?) 

I couldn't be around family for long today but I managed an hour or so.. 

 

Ug. Bored. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went for a walk, and went to visit my cousin...my cousin could tell how depressed and stuff I looked, and pointed it out, but whatever.. at least i made the attempt to walk ...

how are you guys doing? i am still waiting to hear from the doctor about TMS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Wish my health was better.  Seems like genetics is winning and my efforts are not.  Hugs to everyone!

I feel the same way you do.  I was talking to my brother today that is 5 years younger than me.  He was saying he's starting to feel old.  I said when I was your age I was starting to feel old too.  I said in my case there was a year where I started to feel old and there was a year where I realized I was going to die one day.  This is the year I know I'm going to die one day.  It's sad this life is so tragic.  We all reach a peak in our lives and from then on slowly lose everything.  It's very sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Physically & mentally tired.  3 of the granddaughters (age 2 ,4, 14)+ a the bff of 14 yr old granddaughter who claims I have adopted her stay overnight with me.  They have too much energy & are to wounded up. I took a 3 hour nap after they left & I'm thinking its a good idea to take bedtime meds & go to bed early. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

 A bit eurgh. Ug. Bored. Tired. Longing for good times and good friends... 

It's been a long time. Isn't it crazy that we may never be able to be around people without fear of covid again(?) 

I couldn't be around family for long today but I managed an hour or so.. 

 

Ug. Bored. 

Right Nightjar, Leisure time are becoming a bore. Missing meeting friends and travelling around. Covid has made us paranoid and the media has helped that too.

Glad to hear you could be around your family for some time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I feel the same way you do.  I was talking to my brother today that is 5 years younger than me.  He was saying he's starting to feel old.  I said when I was your age I was starting to feel old too.  I said in my case there was a year where I started to feel old and there was a year where I realized I was going to die one day.  This is the year I know I'm going to die one day.  It's sad this life is so tragic.  We all reach a peak in our lives and from then on slowly lose everything.  It's very sad.

True, from the day we are born we near our death, but we dont sense this. Somewhere in between we are in peak physical and mental health. Then once the peak weans of we sense our death creeping towards. The reality is same, the perception changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's sad this life is so tragic.  We all reach a peak in our lives and from then on slowly lose everything.  It's very sad.

Yes, so how can one come to terms with that? It seems easier if you feel you fulfilled your purpose, whatever this might be. Typically, it's just passing on the genes to your kids, it seems. It could also be some contribution to humanity, like science, art, etc. But about those who've accomplished nothing? Seems tough to leave like this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nightjar said:

 A bit eurgh. Ug. Bored. Tired. Longing for good times and good friends... 

It's been a long time. Isn't it crazy that we may never be able to be around people without fear of covid again(?) 

I couldn't be around family for long today but I managed an hour or so.. 

 

Ug. Bored. 

Fret not, Mon-Fri bored will be replaced by hours & hours of work stress per day until Saturday when 2 days of 'bored' starts again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Yes, so how can one come to terms with that? It seems easier if you feel you fulfilled your purpose, whatever this might be. Typically, it's just passing on the genes to your kids, it seems. It could also be some contribution to humanity, like science, art, etc. But about those who've accomplished nothing? Seems tough to leave like this...

I can't come to terms with it.  Next year will be my 25 year high school reunion.  If I would go and they asked me what have you done since high school?  Shrugging my shoulders and saying I don't know or making some grunting sound or saying nothing wouldn't be a big stretch.  Someone that's been dressed as Alf or Batman since school probably amounted to more than me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, ladysmurf said:

I went for a walk, and went to visit my cousin...my cousin could tell how depressed and stuff I looked, and pointed it out, but whatever.. at least i made the attempt to walk ...

how are you guys doing? i am still waiting to hear from the doctor about TMS

It's good to hear that you got out and about ladysmurf. Yeah, so what if you looked depressed. You are 🤷‍♀️I do too good a job of fronting it out and people don't believe me when I ask for help. Can't really win either way, can we 😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

Shrugging my shoulders and saying I don't know or making some grunting sound or saying nothing wouldn't be a big stretch.  Someone that's been dressed as Alf or Batman since school probably amounted to more than me.

Truth is that you've overcome many obstacles, scaled mountains and crossed oceans to get to where you are now (metaphorically speaking). 

... The guys at the reunion likely had to climb a couple of hills in life. And that's it 🤷‍♀️

But, yeah, of course, we just grunt and shrug when people ask what we've been doing. Because it's just not socially acceptable to live a life much outside of 9to5 and 2.4 children. 

That wasn't our path. We are in the advanced class 😁 Leave the children to have their little party 🚸🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...