How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

12 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm lonely too. I was thinking about loneliness this morning... It's not always about having people around you is it(?) I think it's more about feeling misunderstood and unheard. It's not that easy for us to be understood is it 🤷‍♀️ especially with our anxiety, ocd, depression etc 😬

Because no one cares enough to understand one another, humans only care what others can do for him/her

@ladysmurfif having other humans to talk to includes getting yelled at, are you willing to consider a job at an information counter or call center? All the ****ing time customers/colleagues/bosses will want to 'talk' to you 

15 minutes ago, Bulgakov said:

🤠LOL.  If they're still working, what are they doing, as greeters I mean, do they nod or anything?

No they just stand there.  I could do just about any job but saying hi to people all day.  I could never do it.  I can't think of anything worse.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I could do just about any job but saying hi to people all day.  I could never do it.  I can't think of anything worse.

I don't mind a "saying hi" job, their work don't get audited.

Worse? Try being in charge of policies/procedures documentation, then get told by the boss that external auditor is coming next Monday 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:10 AM, iWantRope said:

Think I need a new line of work. Wonder what ghost/spirit possessed me to accept my current job.

Who else absolutely detest interacting with other humans?

Ummm I used to have works like that, but I moved on to coding, so... not a lot of interaction with humans, it feels good really. On a bad mood day, you don't have to put effort on have a nice face, and so.

Getting to the end of the season in the university. Have a final exam in less than 2 days. I'm really tired (this semester was really hard), and a bit worried about how things will continue after the ending. I mean, all my attention was into that, and then... there won't be carrot to chase for a while. That means, more time with own thoughts. The other aspects of my life have been really un-cared for a while, specially the interaction face-to-face with humans. With this pandemic, I think I lost the few skill I had to communicate with others in person, I'm frightened.
 I wish you're doing okay.

6 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

🤠LOL.  If they're still working, what are they doing, as greeters I mean, do they nod or anything?

About six months ago I heard Walmart was getting rid of the greeters.  I don't seem them anymore.  They have a security guard these days. 

Canada defeated Mexico 2:1 in soccer which was played in my town.  I feel for the Mexican players because it was cold 25 F .

I got my printer to work again.  I found some useful videos on YouTube which helped me.

I have an appointment with my family doctor on Wednesday at 2 pm.   We will be discussing my new medication Ozempic for diabetes. I have to inject myself once a week.

9 hours ago, nothing_man said:

Getting to the end of the season in the university. Have a final exam in less than 2 days. I'm really tired (this semester was really hard), and a bit worried about how things will continue after the ending. I mean, all my attention was into that, and then... there won't be carrot to chase for a while. That means, more time with own thoughts. The other aspects of my life have been really un-cared for a while, specially the interaction face-to-face with humans. With this pandemic, I think I lost the few skill I had to communicate with others in person, I'm frightened.
 I wish you're doing okay.

Yes this situation has put many in a bad state. Hoping this will pass away soon. 

21 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

don't matter, it's too late, this illness destroyed it all, there's no cure or relief they've told me ...aside from trying TMS or Ketamine and if that don't help, they just say keep hoping the medical field is always changing

Praying that you will get the strength to lift u spirits up. 

Today I spent most of my day at home , on the computer. Not really inspired to do much. I spoke with my therapist the other day, it was not that useful. it's hard to find a new one with all the stuff that's going on right now...so im just kind of stuck with that person..

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance and doctor about TMS ...and I will let you guys know too about my experience with it. Basically from what I've read some people find relief and others don't. It's pretty much the same as medication.

I'm feeling kinda ok today. I didn't wake up feeling good but I guess it got better. I was pleased that me and mom shared a little joke this am... I spend half my time anxious that she is going to attack me for something or other 😬

Ah well, I don't have to stay forever 😏

5 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

Today I spent most of my day at home , on the computer. Not really inspired to do much. I spoke with my therapist the other day, it was not that useful. it's hard to find a new one with all the stuff that's going on right now...so im just kind of stuck with that person..

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance and doctor about TMS ...and I will let you guys know too about my experience with it. Basically from what I've read some people find relief and others don't. It's pretty much the same as medication.

🤞 for you. It's good that TMS is not invasive, so there's not much down side to trying if you can.

I saw my family doctor today.  Nothing changed since my last appointment.  I asked him for more Ozempic medication sample and he gave me.   Last month he told me to use a very small dosage.  Today he wants to know why I am using the low dosage.  This guy is brainless.   That’s how it is in Canada with Government healthcare.   I got the flu shot and checked my bp.   

Feeling more put together, but a bit like an idiot.

Chickened out on starting a super tough conversation that needs to be had. I got through the intro stuff as usual ("thanks for chatting with me, this is hard. ive been feeling, uh, well...") but when i need to begin the actual substance i bring up a different conversation that was on the list, but secondary. That went well, but reflecting on it, i can't believe how scared i got. my head went blank and i felt like a deer in headlights. if i didn't have that secondary conversation in mind too then I don't know what i wouldve done.

12 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm feeling kinda ok today. I didn't wake up feeling good but I guess it got better. I was pleased that me and mom shared a little joke this am... I spend half my time anxious that she is going to attack me for something or other 😬

Ah well, I don't have to stay forever 😏

Glad to know. I found that minimizing our expectations from others reduces the anxiety. 

3 hours ago, bellerose said:

Feeling more put together, but a bit like an idiot.

Chickened out on starting a super tough conversation that needs to be had. I got through the intro stuff as usual ("thanks for chatting with me, this is hard. ive been feeling, uh, well...") but when i need to begin the actual substance i bring up a different conversation that was on the list, but secondary. That went well, but reflecting on it, i can't believe how scared i got. my head went blank and i felt like a deer in headlights. if i didn't have that secondary conversation in mind too then I don't know what i wouldve done.

Its ok bellerose. I try to hint indirectly what I need to say and try starting the conversation. Or I build a fictional story around it saying "Imagine If I want this from you ..."