How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

1 hour ago, juno_writes said:

One of the worst feelings i've had lately, and ive had a few: being assured "it will get better" in a group setting and having to act like some part of me believes it.

I understand what you feel. I know it is hard. But the fact is "the present situation will change". 

1 hour ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Hi

am not depressed but my mood changes so fast one minute and angry then really upset the anxious then frustrated and then a mix of hate myself and feel guilty it’s been crazy 

it must be tasking your mind. I try to read some light books during these times to stabilise and I know it is not easy.

18 hours ago, sober4life said:

The new thing I'm seeing they're trying to blame wildlife for spreading the virus.  It just amazes me this whole time they have wanted us to be scared and miserable.  They know that most of us love wildlife and get peace and happiness from it and they even want to turn those pleasures into an awful experience for us.  They don't even care if it's true or not.  They just want us all to feel like we wake up to hell every single day.  This world makes me more angry and disgusted every day!

There can be nothing farther from deception that this. A ridiculous thing to blame the wildlife than the humans. 

8 hours ago, monicott17 said:

I usually don’t handle the time change well but this time I am really struggling with it and it is making me more anxious. Also,  once again  getting more worked up than I should be about certain news stories. 

Yes, time changes are not easy to handle.  Whats happening to you?

On 11/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, sober4life said:

My brother used to use block heaters in North Dakota.  When you look at something and see antifreeze you think well it can't freeze.  Nope everything liquid can freeze.  I want no part of it.  It sounds like a nightmare!

It sure is.   I hate the winters here.  Can’t handle it anymore.   I am think of moving to a city with milder winters.  

14 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

ahhhh why don't people get this illness? i had a person tell me it's just reality, you need to accept it and move on, that's what we all do.... i really don't get people......

how can you say that for any illness, ??

We don't have answers for some questions. We keep seeking until we find a solution and move on.

14 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

I used the sun light therapy today so that was nice...i had others ask me and i personally recommend it because i live in a dark /cold area so it helps with your mood....it does not help so much with my OCD or anxiety, but feeling down (depressed) i do like it.

as far as going for a walk i was a little drowsy so I didn't go. i spend some time cleaning some stuff in the house.  i might go later . sometimes my blood pressure gets low and  ican't walk so im a little afraid to go alone at times, so i dont pass out anywhere.

i hope you guys are doing well

I too found sun light improving my mood and reduce my irritability. 

We need to be careful with low blood pressure, I remember I had once blacked out, fortunately my friends were around me.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:22 AM, Nightjar said:

Ergh. I almost went with betterhelp too... But after reading some reviews and having bad experiences with online services in general, I decided against it. Apparently, they don't have to be qualified(?) and you are tied in with payments (?) 

In my area I did manage to find an in person counsellor... So far, I feel its gone well. We've had 3 sessions. She's got the gist of my story now so maybe we can begin to do some work. It's not easy, but I think beneficial.. As long as I don't get bad vibes I'll keep it up I think..

I wouldn't be best pleased if I had to start all over again because she decided someone else would be better suited to help 😬 It takes a lot to open up to someone. Sorry you've had that experience. 

Glad to hear your counselor has been working out well so far! "Not easy, but beneficial" sounds like a good balance -- productive without being overwhelming. In-person sessions would be my first choice, too. Especially in the beginning.

BH's 45 minutes/week is still much better than what insurance offers. The hardest part was finding a counselor who seemed like a good match -- you do have to work around the automated matching. I like her, she's qualified, and is still willing to meet, of course. She just isn't hopeful that 45 minutes/week online is enough to help much... kinda knew that going in 🤷‍♂️ The issue is that, in past experience, suggestions to "look for extra help elsewhere" tend to turn into "just look for help elsewhere."

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

How are you feeling today?

2 hours ago, pdh said:

How are you today?

Bit rough actually. It's just kinda come over me whilst I've been driving. Bit of nausea and tiredness... I won't stay out long 😬 Think I need to head home for a rest soon.. 

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

i didn't go for a walk. i felt too down, i barely slept last night too , and here i am again ....i hope you guys slept, and are feeling ok

Sorry to hear that. What were you thoughts when you were awake? My sleep was broken many times.

21 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Bit rough actually. It's just kinda come over me whilst I've been driving. Bit of nausea and tiredness... I won't stay out long 😬 Think I need to head home for a rest soon.. 

Too bad. Hope u wll get better. Drinking a glass of water usually reduces my nausea. 

19 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

ahhhh why don't people get this illness? i had a person tell me it's just reality, you need to accept it and move on, that's what we all do.... i really don't get people......

how can you say that for any illness, ??

Depression is a hard thing to explain to someone. I don't blame them for not understanding if they've never been there, just wish they wouldn't jump to conclusions about depression = self-pity or whatever. No, we wouldn't tell someone with heart disease that the cure is acceptance, or tell someone with cancer that "it will get better" when we have no idea what stage it is.

Not everyone gets better. I've heard the term "toxic positivity" and can relate. A few weeks ago, when my Dad was dying, a caregiver came in and told my Mom, "Don't worry, he will be OK." Mom and I looked sideways at each other and thought, 'She must mean he'll be OK because he won't be suffering much longer.' But no, she went on with a smile to assure us literally, "He'll get better, he'll be up soon!" Meant to be comforting, but what we both felt was horror. Because we could see it was the opposite of truth, when we wanted nothing more than for it to be the truth. Being assured this week that "it will get better," after 11 of years of it getting steadily worse, brought that same feeling back.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up or want to wallow in self-pity. I may be having a bad month, but he's no longer alive... another relative who's just in her mid-30s was diagnosed with cancer the same week. Everyone gets their share of sh**. I'm well aware that it could be worse. That's the thing, actually. I've never said poor me, it's not fair - just that I'm exhausted and my brain's not working well, which understandably leads to big fears about the future. When nothing else helps, at least there's relief in being able to be real about that here.

16 minutes ago, juno_writes said:

Depression is a hard thing to explain to someone. I don't blame them for not understanding if they've never been there, just wish they wouldn't jump to conclusions about depression = self-pity or whatever. No, we wouldn't tell someone with heart disease that the cure is acceptance, or tell someone with cancer that "it will get better" when we have no idea what stage it is.

Not everyone gets better. I've heard the term "toxic positivity" and can relate. A few weeks ago, when my Dad was dying, a caregiver came in and told my Mom, "Don't worry, he will be OK." Mom and I looked sideways at each other and thought, 'She must mean he'll be OK because he won't be suffering much longer.' But no, she went on with a smile to assure us literally, "He'll get better, he'll be up soon!" Meant to be comforting, but what we both felt was horror. Because we could see it was the opposite of truth, when we wanted nothing more than for it to be the truth. Being assured this week that "it will get better," after 11 of years of it getting steadily worse, brought that same feeling back.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up or want to wallow in self-pity. I may be having a bad month, but he's no longer alive... another relative who's just in her mid-30s was diagnosed with cancer the same week. Everyone gets their share of sh**. I'm well aware that it could be worse. That's the thing, actually. I've never said poor me, it's not fair - just that I'm exhausted and my brain's not working well, which understandably leads to big fears about the future. When nothing else helps, at least there's relief in being able to be real about that here.

The fact that no one takes us seriously is because its not accepted as a real illness by all people. I've had doctors who dont work in the psychiatric field tell me they dont believe it. and we all usually hide it from people because we are afraid of the response or reaction. Can you imagine if people knew about my illness , followed by the stigma, they would stay away from me , thinking I'm a danger. I don't think there's any hope for me....I hope there is hope left for you guys..

2 hours ago, juno_writes said:

The issue is that, in past experience, suggestions to "look for extra help elsewhere" tend to turn into "just look for help elsewhere."

I hope that isn't the case. I agree, this seems a little odd maybe(?) I mean, of course one hour/45 minutes isn't gonna cure us, just hopefully help a bit(?) Give us a boost, some breathing space, whatever..... Great to get as much help as you can of course but yeah, I don't really wanna be directed to other help if I haven't asked for it 🤦🤦‍♀️