How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Tonight I took the outdoor heavy duty electrical cords from storage and placed them from the house to the parking area.  We have to plug in our vehicle engine's block heaters when it gets very cold.   

I called a couple of friends.   

-------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Wednesday to everyone 😀

11 hours ago, juno_writes said:

The latest person who can't help: the betterhelp therapist I've been paying out of pocket for, who suggested tonight that i find an in-person trauma therapist. she thinks someone else may be able to offer methods she can't via telehealth, something other than talking? around and around we go. already spent hours and hours finding her when nothing else was available. if she can find something local and affordable that i overlooked, awesome, but... really? feeling lost

Ergh. I almost went with betterhelp too... But after reading some reviews and having bad experiences with online services in general, I decided against it. Apparently, they don't have to be qualified(?) and you are tied in with payments (?) 

In my area I did manage to find an in person counsellor... So far, I feel its gone well. We've had 3 sessions. She's got the gist of my story now so maybe we can begin to do some work. It's not easy, but I think beneficial.. As long as I don't get bad vibes I'll keep it up I think..

I wouldn't be best pleased if I had to start all over again because she decided someone else would be better suited to help 😬 It takes a lot to open up to someone. Sorry you've had that experience. 

8 hours ago, pdh said:

I understand what u r going through. Even I am unable to concentrate these days. Somehow I end up with  browsing the internet meaninglessly. If we are in a "good" company we feel happy and seem to do "right" things. I guess seeking like minded friends will help.  Do u get to meet ur friends often?

I never had many friends in my life because I don't trust people easily...I had a few good friends, but most are married with kids, and some moved away so it's hard to communicate. as you grow older friendships break apart too because of relationships/children,/work etc..

9 hours ago, duck said:

Tonight I took the outdoor heavy duty electrical cords from storage and placed them from the house to the parking area.  We have to plug in our vehicle engine's block heaters when it gets very cold.   

It says it should be used at  -15° C or lower.  It's not already that cold is it?😵

7 hours ago, pdh said:

interesting

They have about 200000 of them in the US alone (according to that Cold Justice show)

9 hours ago, duck said:

Happy Wednesday to you too Duck 😄

I feel reasonably happy today, had a few stressful moments being stuck in traffic at crotch gremlin releasement time but I enjoyed chatting to E this afternoon 😊 bubbly little ray of sunshine that she is.

Edited by hocico

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

It says it should be used at  -15° C or lower.  It's not already that cold is it?😵

It’s about 35 F today.  I am getting prepared for winter.    The snow will cover the electrical cords and help prevent thieves from grabbing them.  
Gets much colder than minus 15 Celsius here 🥶. Minus 30 Celsius for six weeks is common.   

12 minutes ago, duck said:

It’s about 35 F today.  I am getting prepared for winter.    The snow will cover the electrical cords and help prevent thieves from grabbing them.  
Gets much colder than minus 15 Celsius here 🥶. Minus 30 Celsius for six weeks is common.   

My brother used to use block heaters in North Dakota.  When you look at something and see antifreeze you think well it can't freeze.  Nope everything liquid can freeze.  I want no part of it.  It sounds like a nightmare!

13 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

I never had many friends in my life because I don't trust people easily...I had a few good friends, but most are married with kids, and some moved away so it's hard to communicate. as you grow older friendships break apart too because of relationships/children,/work etc..

Very True, I don't know why I am unable to trust people. 

13 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

I seem to feel more comfortable with myself than when people are around. 

Morning everyone. Hope you are doing ok? Woke up feeling down and headachy again but not too awful I suppose. I had to use all of my tricks to get back to sleep last night because I started fretting about everything.

I woke up about three times but I went back off to sleep with my headphones playing me soothing sounds thankfully.... 🙏

16 hours ago, hocico said:

They have about 200000 of them in the US alone (according to that Cold Justice show)

Happy Wednesday to you too Duck 😄

I feel reasonably happy today, had a few stressful moments being stuck in traffic at crotch gremlin releasement time but I enjoyed chatting to E this afternoon 😊 bubbly little ray of sunshine that she is.

Two hundred thousand, that is quite a large number. 

Glad to know you had a happy day. I pray the next two days are  good too.

36 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

Morning everyone. Hope you are doing ok? Woke up feeling down and headachy again but not too awful I suppose. I had to use all of my tricks to get back to sleep last night because I started fretting about everything.

I woke up about three times but I went back off to sleep with my headphones playing me soothing sounds thankfully.... 🙏

Good morning, 

Good to know you could have some sleep. Do u listen to music that claims deep sleep etc., in the yt? It same to help me sometimes.

I sometimes have a glass of water/milk when I wakeup inbetween, it makes me easier to fall asleep.

Edited by pdh

12 hours ago, duck said:

Thats awfully cold.

The new thing I'm seeing they're trying to blame wildlife for spreading the virus.  It just amazes me this whole time they have wanted us to be scared and miserable.  They know that most of us love wildlife and get peace and happiness from it and they even want to turn those pleasures into an awful experience for us.  They don't even care if it's true or not.  They just want us all to feel like we wake up to hell every single day.  This world makes me more angry and disgusted every day!

I used the sun light therapy today so that was nice...i had others ask me and i personally recommend it because i live in a dark /cold area so it helps with your mood....it does not help so much with my OCD or anxiety, but feeling down (depressed) i do like it.

as far as going for a walk i was a little drowsy so I didn't go. i spend some time cleaning some stuff in the house.  i might go later . sometimes my blood pressure gets low and  ican't walk so im a little afraid to go alone at times, so i dont pass out anywhere.

i hope you guys are doing well