How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

Well years ago a party in the street would be great.  Now the only thing that excites me is when I see that it's getting dark and it's almost time for bed.🛌

Me too.   I am sick and tired of being awake.  It’s almost bedtime for me.   1 am my time.  

On 11/4/2021 at 1:08 PM, Nightjar said:

Cheers. It was a bit better but I wish I could get more sleep. It's been very poor.... 

Moving wise, I'm gonna concentrate on getting mine sold but I'll start looking for another place as soon as it's sold. 

I'll stay with mom if I can't find somewhere yet..... I'm considering the countryside, but also the next town and anything good in this town... I did see a really good house for sale in the countryside today 🤔

IIRC the buyer pulled out of the contract at the last minute.   That sucks.  I hope you find another buyer soon.    I hope you find a great place soon.  👍

On 11/4/2021 at 7:20 PM, surfcaster said:

extremely tired, worked 60 hours this week already along with packing up a whole house to move, at least i have off until monday now

That’s a lot of hours.   I hope moving goes okay for you.   

2 hours ago, duck said:

IIRC the buyer pulled out of the contract at the last minute.   That sucks.  I hope you find another buyer soon.    I hope you find a great place soon.  👍

Yep, that's right. And yep, it sucked. I'm not handling any stress well at the moment. I just hope that when it comes down to it, if I can't manage, someone will help me pack. 

Another rough night for me. Idk, maybe 4 or 5 hours sleep. Not sure.... Did about 4 sessions of yoga nidra throughout the night... I'm sure the party in the street didn't help nor my day out with family yesterday which was very challenging.

I'm trying not to let my thoughts spiral today... I might email my counsellor if I can get my brain in gear to write. 

Hope you guys are doing ok 💙

18 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well, I'm sure you've heard all of the advice about exercise, yoga and meditation. These things help me but they're not a cure....Also, spirituality is helpful to me...It gives me a reason to bear the suffering lol. I would recommend checking out eckhart tolle and Byron Katie's books or youtube videos. Maybe worth a try? 

I can only recommend the things that have helped me a little bit... Also,  having a pet to love has helped me tremendously.... I haven't got one currently and it's torture...I'm so lonely. I have to wait till I've moved 😔

Nature helps me a lot too.. Do you like walking/sitting in nature? 

Apologies if you've heard it all before. I can only share the things that have been helpful to me. Hugs :hugs:

Those are all things that have helped me a little, too (more than traditional treatments). So reminders are welcome! As long as they're not oversold as a cure. And especially at the worst times when it feels like "I've tried everything and nothing worked" -- actually some things do a little, for a little while. They're like brushing your teeth -- most effective when we're able to do it routinely, rather than once in a while when the problem is already large.

Sometimes I can be very faithful about doing those things that help a little. Sometimes the energy, time, and even the memory are not there. It takes a lot of work just to maintain the status quo with chronic depression, not to mention other things like housing issues. Personally I sure feel stuck, always two steps forward and then two steps back. Sometimes even holding ground is a victory. Whether or not anyone else sees that, let's celebrate it. My little victory this week, speaking of brushing teeth: got a good report at a dental cleaning, which I was worried about after it got postponed for ages. At least I held the line on tooth decay, in the midst of everything else in this godawful year. 

Every victory small or large is a positive step!

I feel good. Finally moved most of the stuff in one room  to another room to make space for a long shelf. Started putting my yarn collection on it & decided it would look less disorganized if I had bins to contain the yarn.  I found several at Goodwill but also brought 2 large bags of yarn while there. And brought everything I brought inside the house instead of keeping it in the car for days.

Edited by nojoy
deleted repeated words

3 hours ago, juno_writes said:

Whether or not anyone else sees that, let's celebrate it. My little victory this week, speaking of brushing teeth: got a good report at a dental cleaning, which I was worried about after it got postponed for ages. At least I held the line on tooth decay, in the midst of everything else in this godawful year.

💯 That sounds like a win to me. If I can get my make up off before bed and get the dishes washed in the morning I think I'm Marie Kondo 😉

3 hours ago, nojoy said:

I feel good. Finally moved most of the stuff in one room  to another room to make space for a long shelf. Started putting my yarn collection on it & decided it would look less disorganized if I had bins to contain the yarn.  I found several at Goodwill but also brought 2 large bags of yarn while there. And brought everything I brought inside the house instead of keeping it in the car for days.

Good to hear you're feeling good 🙂

On 11/4/2021 at 7:33 AM, sober4life said:

I'm sick right now so most of this week is going to be about getting over it.  I have to make an appearance with family this weekend and I have to get over this by then.

Hope you'll feeling better.  Trust all goes well with family.

23 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Stressed and pissed off. On top of the onslaught of fireworks, someone in my street is having a party.. It's really freaking loud. It's all boom shake shake shake the room round here 🤨

I would feel the same way except I'm the person who calls the police.  Its their party.  Not yours.

3 hours ago, nojoy said:

Wonderful!  Really glad to hear you're making progress with your chores.

Edited by lindahurt

I feel pretty good at this time.  Had a very long workout today and I can feel the fatigue.  It was my marathon workout day.  One and a half hours on the stairmaster and two and a half hours of cycling.  No sauna today but I did soak in the tub once I got home.  Not as sore as I was earlier.  The hot water does wonder for me which is why I normally shower and get in the sauna at my health club.

It soo beautiful outside.  Its a little chilly but sunny and around 60 degrees.  As I drove home I couldn't but notice how the trees have changed colors.  Its a beautiful site, just breath taking.  Nature never ceases to amazes me.

Lol, I'm so hungry now.  Guess I'll go eat my chargrill chicken salad.  I eat a lot of those.

3 hours ago, lindahurt said:

I would feel the same way except I'm the person who calls the police.  Its their party.  Not yours.

"Its their party.   Not yours"

What I meant by this was:  Since I'm not a  part of it,  as well as the other neighbors,  I would call the police to have them to turn the music down.   

6 hours ago, lindahurt said:

"Its their party.   Not yours"

What I meant by this was:  Since I'm not a  part of it,  as well as the other neighbors,  I would call the police to have them to turn the music down.   

Good advice but the police rarely have time for low priority calls plus in my experience the police sided with the noisey people.  🥲

14 hours ago, juno_writes said:

Those are all things that have helped me a little, too (more than traditional treatments). So reminders are welcome! As long as they're not oversold as a cure. And especially at the worst times when it feels like "I've tried everything and nothing worked" -- actually some things do a little, for a little while. They're like brushing your teeth -- most effective when we're able to do it routinely, rather than once in a while when the problem is already large.

Sometimes I can be very faithful about doing those things that help a little. Sometimes the energy, time, and even the memory are not there. It takes a lot of work just to maintain the status quo with chronic depression, not to mention other things like housing issues. Personally I sure feel stuck, always two steps forward and then two steps back. Sometimes even holding ground is a victory. Whether or not anyone else sees that, let's celebrate it. My little victory this week, speaking of brushing teeth: got a good report at a dental cleaning, which I was worried about after it got postponed for ages. At least I held the line on tooth decay, in the midst of everything else in this godawful year. 

I need to do those things as well.  Nightmares are ruining my sleep.  I have difficulties staying awake during the day.    Anger is destroying me from the inside because I want justice.   🥲

On 11/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, Nightjar said:

Stressed and pissed off. On top of the onslaught of fireworks, someone in my street is having a party.. It's really freaking loud. It's all boom shake shake shake the room round here 🤨

I know, its really irritating. Hows is going?

1 hour ago, duck said:

Good advice but the police rarely have time for low priority calls plus in my experience the police sided with the noisey people.  🥲

Hi duck,

It's not like that where I am.  Its not tolerated period.  One of the neighbor's son was home on college break and was washing his car in the their driveway.   He had the music blasting in his car.   He chose not to turn it down after being asked to,  so I called the police and reported a noise disturbance next door.   It took them about 10 minutes to show up and have him turn it down.   I guess he got upset and just turned it off.   His parents weren't home at the time, but later assured me it wouldn't happen again.   Other neighbors had mentioned it later to the parents as well.  We don't have disorderly conduct in my subdivision which is why it surprised me to even hear it.  The annual homeowners association fee is very high, and you can get fined for leaving your big garbage container at the end of the driveway or not keeping your lawn mowed. 

18 hours ago, nojoy said:

What will u do with those yarns?

On 11/5/2021 at 2:03 PM, Nightjar said:

Well, I'm sure you've heard all of the advice about exercise, yoga and meditation. These things help me but they're not a cure....Also, spirituality is helpful to me...It gives me a reason to bear the suffering lol. I would recommend checking out eckhart tolle and Byron Katie's books or youtube videos. Maybe worth a try? 

I can only recommend the things that have helped me a little bit... Also,  having a pet to love has helped me tremendously.... I haven't got one currently and it's torture...I'm so lonely. I have to wait till I've moved 😔

Nature helps me a lot too.. Do you like walking/sitting in nature? 

Apologies if you've heard it all before. I can only share the things that have been helpful to me. Hugs :hugs:

im not a big fan of yoga, but i like hiking and walking, however i can't right now. i developed some symptoms from my drug that  I was on, and I think they are permanent they told me. My BP, OCD, anxiety is out of control. I cant focus to read. and I can't stand up to walk sometimes I get dizzy or too high BP . Also other physical symptoms the drug left me with, that I dont think Ill have a normal life anymore.

2 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

im not a big fan of yoga, but i like hiking and walking, however i can't right now. i developed some symptoms from my drug that  I was on, and I think they are permanent they told me. My BP, OCD, anxiety is out of control. I cant focus to read. and I can't stand up to walk sometimes I get dizzy or too high BP . Also other physical symptoms the drug left me with, that I dont think Ill have a normal life anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I think its possible to get back through yoga, pranayama and meditation. There are yogas postures which can be practiced without standing on ur feet, and breathing pranayama can be practiced sitting and meditation too. Check if you know anyone nearby who know a good teacher.