How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

1 hour ago, duck said:

Friendly reminder.  Halloween is on Sunday.  Do kids do trick and treating in your town?

Send the leftover candies for us. 😀

In my neighborhood the kids go to Halloween parties at YMCA, health clubs, the Mall in my area, or their church.  If they go to their church they dress-up like their favorite animal.  I personally don't participate so my front door light isn't on.  I munch on the candy I buy for myself.

1 hour ago, duck said:

Have you tried Zumba?  I tried it years ago and I liked it.   Unfortunately,  work for in the way and I had to quit. 

I don't do Zumba but I've watched a little of it at my health club.  They have so many different programs.  

I like to do my own thing when I'm there.

6 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Hi everyone 

am doing well I guess 

it looks like I won’t have to move 😏

I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

Me, I finally got 8 hours of sleep, after staying up all night for the past 2 nights. I was afraid that I was going to trigger a manic episode or that I was in the mist of mania and that the beast was going to show itself.

How do you feel about not moving?

5 hours ago, lindahurt said:

In my neighborhood the kids go to Halloween parties at YMCA, health clubs, the Mall in my area, or their church.  If they go to their church they dress-up like their favorite animal.  I personally don't participate so my front door light isn't on.  I munch on the candy I buy for myself.

I live in a senior apartments building that has a secure door so no one can come inside and see that I am locked away in my little cave writing my heart out. But I’m going to be attending an online Halloween party for writers using Twitter spaces. (A way to have an audio voice group conference) 

I feel sleepy, I haven’t slept in the past 3 or 4 days. I think that I was having some mania although it hasn’t been severe. Only just working on projects and going to work. Luckily I was able to work thru it and get 8 hours of sleep last night, but I am still waking up. lol.

I am going to attend a writers online Halloween party. I had to submit a Halloween Story which was suppose to only be 250 words (short) and the winner gets a Kindle book and t-shirt.

And I start on November 1st a one month long writing contest with the goal to write 50,000 words in 30 days. (Nanowrimo.org)  So I am outlining and prepping for this. I’m not sure how many sleepless nights I will get doing this or if I can try and sleep and write 2500 words a day which is my goal.

I am feeling excited about knowing that I will be transformed and learn a lot during the process.

Is anyone else on here a writer?

27 minutes ago, Bbqdad said:

I am the same way, when i am anxious I meditate using various in the moment techniques.

What is an example of a meditation exercise that you do?

I use a you tube video called yoga nidra. It makes you focus on different parts of the body and feel the sensations there... I find it helpful for sleep 😴

10 hours ago, duck said:

Friendly reminder.  Halloween is on Sunday.  Do kids do trick and treating in your town?

Send the leftover candies for us. 😀

Hi Duck 🙂 Yes, kids do trick or treating here but it's not much of a big deal. It seems to be a handful of kids that do it and they will visit the decorated houses... When I was in the country there was nothing at all and I haven't been trick or treated in the city for years 🤔

Of course, covid will put people off but it hasn't been that massive here. I think America go a lot larger with it than the Brits 🤔

4 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I live in a senior apartments building that has a secure door so no one can come inside and see that I am locked away in my little cave writing my heart out. But I’m going to be attending an online Halloween party for writers using Twitter spaces. (A way to have an audio voice group conference) 

Sounds like your pretty safe.  I have security system installed at home but its just hard for me to relax and sleep if the window is open.

Online Halloween party:  That's the way to go.  You don't have to leave home.  Sounds like you have really nice day planned.  Enjoy.

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Wow, last night was rough. I wasn't particularly anxious yesterday, but last night - boom! 🤯 Anxious thought, after anxious thought... I had to do three, 40 minute meditation sessions through the night to get any sleep.... Jesus, it's hard work. 

That's a great strategy to use.  True, meditation isn't easy when anxious.

4 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I feel sleepy, I haven’t slept in the past 3 or 4 days. I think that I was having some mania although it hasn’t been severe. Only just working on projects and going to work. Luckily I was able to work thru it and get 8 hours of sleep last night, but I am still waking up. lol.

I am going to attend a writers online Halloween party. I had to submit a Halloween Story which was suppose to only be 250 words (short) and the winner gets a Kindle book and t-shirt.

And I start on November 1st a one month long writing contest with the goal to write 50,000 words in 30 days. (Nanowrimo.org)  So I am outlining and prepping for this. I’m not sure how many sleepless nights I will get doing this or if I can try and sleep and write 2500 words a day which is my goal.

I am feeling excited about knowing that I will be transformed and learn a lot during the process.

I'm impressed and excited for you.  This is really wonderful.

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Go for it sober 😄

I think it could work.  The size might be a little too much but if I speak in like a 4 year old girl's voice it will throw them off and they won't know what to do and they'll give me the candy I'm sure of it.🤭

7 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

This is a very hard time for us.  November 1st terrifies me.  I'll be honest. So much adjusting has to take place in that month if I want to be the same person in November.  The seasons affect us big time and then after the holidays in January will be a killer too after the holiday crash.  Just understand things might be rocky for a little bit as the seasons and the weather changes but I think you're doing great right now.  We'll get through this time and this year and we'll make it to spring.  We are going survive this nightmare.

Edited by sober4life

9 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

Me, I finally got 8 hours of sleep, after staying up all night for the past 2 nights. I was afraid that I was going to trigger a manic episode or that I was in the mist of mania and that the beast was going to show itself.

How do you feel about not moving?

Good

From one hell of a night to one hell of a day.... My hormonal time of the month when I'm poorly and we've had a constant stream of people through mom's house all day... Wasn't expecting any of them and I've been in my pyjamas and yesterday's make up having to greet people all day. 

Feeling tired now and have retreated to my room where I can hopefully, finally get some peace 🤞

Happy Halloween everyone 🎃

Edited by Nightjar

I once ignored this guy after talking to him for several times........I thought what could he possibly want from me? I'm just a loser with an illness....The reality is I was forcing myself to believe that i'm just a loser (which in a way I am because I can't find relief from this illness) but deep down, I had built feelings for this person...i fell in love with his smile....and I recently saw him from far, but i don't know. i wish a part of me could really tell him that I liked him, I still do I think......that  I didn't ignore him because I thought he was a loser.......ahh I hate this illness , it literally destroys your whole life....but i'm afraid, it's too late...

On 10/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, sober4life said:

I've been working very hard the last few days.  Now I'm going to sit here like a potato until the 5th and start on the treadmill and exercise bike.  I've decided I'm going to try to get in the best shape of my life.

OK, that does it. You and @duckhave now encouraged me to get off my dead @ss. I used to walk everywhere, all the time. Now I'm lucky to make it from the front door to the car without gasping for breath. Time to change that. Computer is getting turned off and I'm going outside.

17 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

I once ignored this guy after talking to him for several times........I thought what could he possibly want from me? I'm just a loser with an illness....The reality is I was forcing myself to believe that i'm just a loser (which in a way I am because I can't find relief from this illness) but deep down, I had built feelings for this person...i fell in love with his smile....and I recently saw him from far, but i don't know. i wish a part of me could really tell him that I liked him, I still do I think......that  I didn't ignore him because I thought he was a loser.......ahh I hate this illness , it literally destroys your whole life....but i'm afraid, it's too late...

I identify with this 100%. I've short circuited two potential relationships with this kind of thinking.

6 hours ago, lindahurt said:

Sounds like your pretty safe.  I have security system installed at home but its just hard for me to relax and sleep if the window is open.

Online Halloween party:  That's the way to go.  You don't have to leave home.  Sounds like you have really nice day planned.  Enjoy.

And before that an online music jam session with a friend from Virginia and I live in Alaska. Technology is helping me not feel so distant.