Jump to content

How do You Feel Right Now? #12


Lindsay

Recommended Posts

Feeling somewhat off. After 13 years, the Survivors of Sui***e sim in Second Life ceased to be. Seemed like they were doing well and helping many, but suddenly it's all gone. The organizer wanted to move on and couldn't find anyone to take the reins.

I hope this forum stays up. As elsewhere, unpaid volunteers devote their time and money. It can go away at any time. Even after years (and when many might depend on it).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today has been one of mixed emotions. 

I find it really bothersome when there's no reason why I should be anxious and discouraged.  All is going well and I'm not lacking in anything.  But yet I'm having to manage different feelings and emotions.  Of course, I did what I needed to do to get through the day, but its so exhausting when I'm struggling to do the simplest of chores.  

This morning I felt moody and unmotivated to take care of a few chores and run errands, so I just lounged around on the couch watching tv and on the computer.  To divert my thoughts I read some posts on DF and went to the gym.  Enjoyed my workout, stopped at the store, and came home.  

Lol, I'm now finding it hard to go to sleep, so I guess I'll take my anxiety medication and try to relax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, watalife said:

Restless and bored. I'm actually working on projects and staying busy but it's so boring. Not looking forward to dinner either. Must be the weather.

I hate them days , but I can for sure relate. You feel restless, have stuff you would like to do and yet you are bored out of your mind. The only " cure " that I have found is to stay 100% occupied. For me it is work. So I sign up for overtime any chance possible. Since July I was off for 2 days. The rest I worked. It helps me. Financially anyway, but I have no time to sit and think and get bored. The weather I believe is innocent, although it "sucks" right now and going forward for the next 6 month.... not looking forward to that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to stay occupied like a steady flow of things that I can do but not too much.  That's the problem when you're doing this on your own you feel like you're constantly drowning in things that need to be done.  It's too much for one person.  Also if I'm never able to sit with myself in peace why am I doing all of this in the first place?  I don't want to be like everyone else in my family running for my life from myself my whole life and burning out and falling over dead at an early age because the body is meant to constantly go go go.  It needs to be able to have moments of peace and rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like I'm done with cats. I can't make these to happy. I will get rid of these two as things worsen, take a break and then start over again. They both meow like babies constantly. I gave MS piggy good meals all day , variety, since I was home , and she still kept asking for more. Over it. And I'm taking down the things I made for little man tate. 💩 I don't know if I will start over , maybe not.

Edited by watalife
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cry when I see certain decorations hanging up like the ghost I mentioned before.  Lately I've even been crying seeing costumes hanging up at the store not because I'm afraid because I worry some people might not like them.  It's always that thought.  How does such a mess make it this far in this life?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I like to stay occupied like a steady flow of things that I can do but not too much.  That's the problem when you're doing this on your own you feel like you're constantly drowning in things that need to be done.  It's too much for one person.  Also if I'm never able to sit with myself in peace why am I doing all of this in the first place?  I don't want to be like everyone else in my family running for my life from myself my whole life and burning out and falling over dead at an early age because the body is meant to constantly go go go.  It needs to be able to have moments of peace and rest.

Hey, I've got an idea! I need a transfusion of some of your energy. I have none. Just now, I had to carry my keyboard across the room. I had to think long and hard about doing that because it required energy.

I've got a stack of chores that need to be done but here I am dreading to carry a keyboard across 12 feet of this room.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Hey, I've got an idea! I need a transfusion of some of your energy. I have none. Just now, I had to carry my keyboard across the room. I had to think long and hard about doing that because it required energy.

I've got a stack of chores that need to be done but here I am dreading to carry a keyboard across 12 feet of this room.

 

Quote:  "I've got a stack of chores that need to be done but here I am dreading to carry a keyboard across 12 feet of this room".

I can identify with this, lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Hey, I've got an idea! I need a transfusion of some of your energy. I have none. Just now, I had to carry my keyboard across the room. I had to think long and hard about doing that because it required energy.

I've got a stack of chores that need to be done but here I am dreading to carry a keyboard across 12 feet of this room.

 

I don't have any natural energy at all.  I'm just like Popeye except I hate spinach.  If I can get to the first cup of coffee I can do anything.  I drink more coffee than anyone you know.

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2021 at 9:58 AM, Nightjar said:

Very bored. I need something to get my teeth into. Something new needs to come into my life now 🤔

 Boredom is a huge problem for me.  I like to be occupied with good challenges.   Maybe I should apply to become an astronaut 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been very busy with helping my sister sell her house.  The closing date was yesterday But the buyers suddenly want an extension to November 18 th.  We had to call all the utilities and house insurance.  So far we have not heard back from the house insurance people.  To make matters worse my sisters have been using my email address since 2005 so I have to get involved even if I don’t want to.  I don’t understand why they used my email address!

Anyways I am trying to make the best of my situation.  I am trying to enjoy the rain or sunshine 😀

Hugs for anyone who needs one! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Ha! If you save up, I think you can buy yourself a trip to the moon and back these days 🌛

😄 How are you today?  It’s raining here a lot.  I like it when I am indoors.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've been working very hard the last few days.  Now I'm going to sit here like a potato until the 5th and start on the treadmill and exercise bike.  I've decided I'm going to try to get in the best shape of my life.

High Five Sober!  Working out is good for us.  Even a little bit everyday helps 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

I've been working very hard the last few days.  Now I'm going to sit here like a potato until the 5th and start on the treadmill and exercise bike.  I've decided I'm going to try to get in the best shape of my life.

Awecome Sober4life!  I'm all on board when it comes to exercise and fitness.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not doing too badly today 🤔 I showered and got out for a walk. It was raining here too but I like being out in it. Saw a rainbow 🌈🙃

I enjoy walking/running in the rain as well, Nightjar.  I love to open the windows and smell the air when its raining.  So relaxing just to listen to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not doing too badly today 🤔 I showered and got out for a walk. It was raining here too but I like being out in it. Saw a rainbow 🌈🙃

I saw a double rainbow a few times with mom.  It made me search about rainbows and there is a fogbow and moonbow and it's even possible to see a rainbow in a circle!🙀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I saw a double rainbow a few times with mom.  It made me search about rainbows and there is a fogbow and moonbow and it's even possible to see a rainbow in a circle!🙀

I think I saw a double rainbow only once.  It was beautiful.   We need more of those. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lindahurt said:

Awecome Sober4life!  I'm all on board when it comes to exercise and fitness.

Have you tried Zumba?  I tried it years ago and I liked it.   Unfortunately,  work for in the way and I had to quit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not doing too badly today 🤔 I showered and got out for a walk. It was raining here too but I like being out in it. Saw a rainbow 🌈🙃

Friendly reminder.  Halloween is on Sunday.  Do kids do trick and treating in your town?

Send the leftover candies for us. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...